fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under LEDS

• Thread starter lolaspakalolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lolaspakalolo

lolaspakalolo

* first time growing indoors *Sooo I have 4 different strains of feminized seed from a friend germinated in RO water for 16hrs then planted into black gold seed starter mix (Peet moss pearlite & wetting agent) 60 seeds in total into 3in pots. Watered in w RO & 90% sprouted w/in 24-48 hours :)
They were under domes to start then quickly outgrew them
They are under 2 electric sky LEDs @ 50% and are about 2 feet off the canopy 300 watts total - should I crank them up to 100% ? That would put 600 watts of strong LED over the 4x4 canopy seems like a lot of wattage for such young plants but maybe that’s what they need?
🙏🏼

Fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under leds
Fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under leds 2
Fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under leds 3
Fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under leds 4
Fem seeds looking sickly or stressed under leds 5
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Your getting some stretching, but also see some heat/light stress on a couple. Maybe try lowering the light and dimming a little more.

What is the room temps and humidity like?

Best bet is to use a CFL or T5 to veg with.....you need something in the 4k range to get good strong stems and branching while in veg, without stretching.

Save that led for flower unless you can adjust spectrum and intensity a little better.

lolaspakalolo

lolaspakalolo

all. I have are LEDs currently
temps/hum in the room are around 78 degrees & 55-60% hum
I can turn down intensity

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

You can't veg Cannabis under led! Your plants will be twisted with glossy blue patches.

'TWISTED WITH GLOSSY BLUE PATCHES AT THE KINKS'

^This is the classic LED look no one is talking aboutmNo one has been able to even see it other than me apparently, let alone address it. It's unmistakable. I'll PayPal a million bucks to the first pot expert who can solve the blatant obvious issue publicly. Will it be another 5 years?

lolaspakalolo

lolaspakalolo

update: so. I have been dialing in the environment better - used my laser thermometer on the leaf to get surface temp and it was lower than I wanted it(60’s) even when my Inkbird says the room is at 80. Makes sense, so I lowered the lights again to about 16 inches off the canopy and the leafs surface temps are higher now. Bringing in an hps soon. They’re still going a little slow, some even growing algae but I don’t think I’m overwatering they just take a while to dry out

A6D4B863 7D5B 497D 81D5 CB8E6865EFB2
DDF2118D FB09 4061 8E37 33E216D8E544
4C3CC924 E7CD 4C3B AA40 699452695E96
EB8B0C67 90F7 4582 B8D7 28E8CC5A7528
58D09AD1 1912 4BAC AE4C 9D7014525A78
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

You can get a 8 bulb 4 foot T5 for like $150 on amazon...great for seedlings first couple weeks and to get clones rooting. Worth every penny. You can put that T5 4-6 inches from the canopy and the little seedlings dont strech at all. I let mine veg for about 2 weeks under the T5 then put them under the LED. That first week under the LED they really explode!

Top Bottom