Fem seeds produce more seeds?

• Thread starter jmero518
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jmero518

Hello I am looking to buy 12 seed junky genetics feminized sees I have no experience at all growing but my question is if I plant all of those 12 seeds successfully will I have to re purchase seeds every grow because these plants would be female and female plants do not produce seeds?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hello I am looking to buy 12 seed junky genetics feminized sees I have no experience at all growing but my question is if I plant all of those 12 seeds successfully will I have to re purchase seeds every grow because these plants would be female and female plants do not produce seeds?
all depends on your available space. Fem photoperiod plants can be cloned, so if you like it you can just clone it.
i wouldn't plant 12 seeds on my 1st grow. Its going to be way too overwhelming for you. why not plant two, go through a harvest and then clone or do another couple seeds

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you grow from seed each grow, you'll have to get seeds for each grow. You can force a female to produce male pollen if you'd like (look into silver thiosulfate and colloidal silver).

A few things to consider —

1. If you imagine you'll be making your own seeds and that will be your source, get another tent, light and plenty of filters, because if you or a male plant start spreading pollen around, everything will be seeded. Some people like smoking seeded weed, but most do not.

2. Many growers grow from seed, take clones of each plant and keep the clones of the best plants they find. Then grow from clones after that. You will need a second tent, light, etc. to keep clones.

If you think it's too expensive to buy seeds each grow, can you afford a second tent?

growsince79

growsince79

all depends on your available space. Fem photoperiod plants can be cloned, so if you like it you can just clone it.
i wouldn't plant 12 seeds on my 1st grow. Its going to be way too overwhelming for you. why not plant two, go through a harvest and then clone or do another couple seeds
I'd plant 6 and clone them all. Then I'd keep the best clone and plant the rest-clone and pick the best then breed. Surely you get 2 keepers out of 12-I would hope.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Exactly.
Unpollinated female plants will produce flower only.
After that harvest , its a wrap unless you buy more seeds ... or clone the plants .

Hows your set-up. Are you using 1 room to veg & flower?

Top Bottom