Fem White Widow

• Thread starter beell105
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beell105

Fem White Widow suddenly growing seed pods in 5 week flower stage. What can I do?

Fem white widow
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You got a male going on there. If you have other fems you don't want pollinated I'd get him out of there. Those are pollen sacs.

B

beell105

You got a male going on there. If you have other fems you don't want pollinated I'd get him out of there. Those are pollen sacs.
Thanks. Any Idea why it took so long for the sacs to show up? Makes us mad because we specifically bought Feminized seeds. Plants are both about 4 feet tall. Both have the sacs. Would they still be smokeable if we kept them until they were ready for harvest? This is our 2nd time tying to seriously grow some good bud. Our first try{on a whim} we could tell the plant was male when it was a couple weeks old so we just put it in the backyard. Appreciate the help:)

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks. Any Idea why it took so long for the sacs to show up? Makes us mad because we specifically bought Feminized seeds. Plants are both about 4 feet tall. Both have the sacs. Would they still be smokeable if we kept them until they were ready for harvest? This is our 2nd time tying to seriously grow some good bud. Our first try{on a whim} we could tell the plant was male when it was a couple weeks old so we just put it in the backyard. Appreciate the help:)
I'm guessing, but I do see a few pistils so it's likely she hermied hard, difficult to tell without whole plant photos. Did she get stressed out at all during any time in the grow? Stress will cause a plant to hermie, especially if they are feminized seeds.

B

beell105

I'm guessing, but I do see a few pistils so it's likely she hermied hard, difficult to tell without whole plant photos. Did she get stressed out at all during any time in the grow? Stress will cause a plant to hermie, especially if they are feminized seeds.
Here are a couple pics. We were very careful. Tons of pistils
Screenshot 20221029 191223 Gallery
Screenshot 20221029 165416 Gallery

Here are 2 pics, can't get the 3rd one to load. Tons of pistils everywhere.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You can finish growing it out, it will just have seeds. I remember the day when that was all there was and it did the job.

B

beell105

You can finish growing it out, it will just have seeds. I remember the day when that was all there was and it did the job.
Even with all the pistils?? They look like buds are starting to form. This makes me so sad:{

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You can also try to stay ahead of things by plucking off those pollen sacs. Others might have better suggestions but I imagine you could get a damp paper towel and use that to pluck off the sacs that are open or getting ready to open. If you see others, pluck them early and you may be able to minimize the damage. You can also save the seeds, they will be feminized but also would be prone to hermie if stressed.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Even with all the pistils?? They look like buds are starting to form. This makes me so sad:{

Yup, the pistils are what take the pollen down into the calyx. Some of the pistils likely got a dusting from the open sacs.

Yes, you will be able to smoke it if you finish well.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Who is the breeder for your feminized white widow seeds? Is there any light leaks or lights on your equipment that might still be on during the dark period?

B

beell105

Who is the breeder for your feminized white widow seeds? Is there any light leaks or lights on your equipment that might still be on during the dark period?
We bought them online through Seed Supreme. No leaks and all lights shut off. We switched to the 12-12 light cycle on Oct 11. We plucked all the sacs we could see and will keep an eye on them and remove more as needed. This is a pic of the Amnesia Haze we grew before the WW and they turned out beautiful. No problems.

Screenshot 20221030 200830 Gallery
Top Bottom