Female or male?

• Thread starter Manlikedubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

Can someone please help me I’m unsure if my plants are a male or female it is 7 weeks old from sprouting on 24/0 L.E.D
Light schedule I am feeding them ph balanced water, bloom, grow, micro

Female or male
Female or male 2
Female or male 3
MGuY

MGuY

Usually they show sex in the 3rd or 4th week. But on a 24 hour light it must change those dynamics. You could drop to 18 hours and see if that helps.

MGuY

MGuY

Usually they show sex in the 3rd or 4th week. But on a 24 hour light it must change those dynamics. You could drop to 18 hours and see if that helps.
Sometimes I had to put certain strains on 12 hours to see their sex.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

More info is needed, is it an auto flower. If not I agree that you will need to reduce the light for sexing. So far it’s not showing yet.

Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

Still nothing’s really changed iv put the lights on a 12/12 hour schedule just seem to be growing bigger no signs off flowering any help??

D43C580B D29A 4CC5 B72B 8A7565BFB656
21D6CEE1 F7AC 4100 8EB0 3057150A85CD
438DF3DA A464 4A81 A0F6 3604FEE7A724
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

When the branching switches from opposite to alternate it is a signal that she ready to enter flowering state. Then, whip out your loupe and take a closer look.
Branching

To begin alternate branching, just give her more dark time than light time.
I suggest that you google photoperiod and have a good read.

Aloha,
Weezard

Aloha,
Weeze

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s still in the stretch and may show preflower soon. First pic looks suspicious for male. Can u get a pic of the intermodal area, area between leaves and stems where little nubs are

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
When the branching switches from opposite to alternate it is a signal that she ready to enter flowering state.
View attachment 951151
To begin alternate branching, just give her more dark time than light time.
I suggest that you google photoperiod and have a good read.

Aloha,
Weezard
Then, whip out your loupe and take a closer look.
Aloha,
Weeze
From seed it will be linear, from clone it will alternate, flowering will not change the branch pattern

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

From seed it will be linear, from clone it will alternate, flowering will not change the branch pattern

I beg to differ. not sure what you mean by linear.
Guessing opposite? :)
But I have watched it happen hundreds of times.

You are correct that most cuttings will grow alternate. That is because they are as old as the donor from the start of rooting.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

You are correct that most cuttings will grow alternate. That is because they are as old as the donor from the start of rooting.
I agree wholeheartedly; alternating nodes is a sign of sexual maturity in cannabis. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

Sexually mature plants alternate but in no way it means it will flower.
He is still a few weeks out on veg before that happens , he flipped early and was wondering if it’s a male or female.
Atm it’s hard to say as the bracts are (opposite) the stipules haven’t developed yet. On autos I’ve seen them go into flower without the alternate branching and standard (sativa- indica) reach maturity without switching the branches unless flipped and even then just the top 2-3 alternate but all clones will start out alternate as it’s “mature” to begin with hence my comments to the subject

Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

It’s still in the stretch and may show preflower soon. First pic looks suspicious for male. Can u get a pic of the intermodal area, area between leaves and stems where little nubs are

153105B5 CEE7 4455 92A6 E8A8C6B70E53
E050CA1C 72F7 43C4 9958 B3A05F75D1DE
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Now, we wait.

Keep an eye on the terminal bud as well.
Males will show there. Female pre-flowers sprout from the nodes. As the nodes pop, the preemie bits look identical. but under magnification, you will see that the female calyx grows flush on the plant before she throws pistils. The male calyx stands off with a wee stem.
Male preflower

Patience is in order.

Aloha,
Weezard

Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

This is the one jack og said looks suspicious as a male I’m not sure but I think it could be

C9ED4457 5DE9 4B5B BE18 BDF7DBC755DF
EB187D5B BADF 4C2C B8F6 387D30A8E566
Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

Should I remove it now or should I give it more time just to definitely no it’s a male??

Manlikedubs

Manlikedubs

All flowering doing fine thanks for the help. Any feeding schedule for photoperiod plants start to finish??

Top Bottom