Feminized - Female To Male Ratio

• Thread starter AverageJoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AverageJoe

Hey gang. I'm new to this forum and hadn't grown in over 2 years. Hadn't grown from seed in over 4 years.

My question? I want to harvest ASAP. Will be doing SOG for first time ever. Concerned mother will be male and I devoted 20 - 30 spots in my tent. When I flower afraid I may have cloned a male for this first grow around.

Should I clone from 4- 5 mothers to cover my ass? Afraid different mothers may mess up my SOG plant height. Going to grow same yet undetermined strain.

A

AverageJoe

That is my expectation and experience as well but; I have limited experience with seeds...

Lots of very experienced folks out there to augment my rookie status.

Thank you for your response.

G gnome

G gnome

Hey gang. I'm new to this forum and hadn't grown in over 2 years. Hadn't grown from seed in over 4 years.

My question? I want to harvest ASAP. Will be doing SOG for first time ever. Concerned mother will be male and I devoted 20 - 30 spots in my tent. When I flower afraid I may have cloned a male for this first grow around.

Should I clone from 4- 5 mothers to cover my ass? Afraid different mothers may mess up my SOG plant height. Going to grow same yet undetermined strain.
If u been growin out a mom for long enough to be able to take 20 or 30 clones off of of it then chances are its already showing sex. Lets see some pix. We might be able to tell ya definitively its a female

A

AverageJoe

If u been growin out a mom for long enough to be able to take 20 or 30 clones off of of it then chances are its already showing sex. Lets see some pix. We might be able to tell ya definitively its a female
No grow yet. Need to finish my room reddines and order seeds. Years ago I grew multiple seeds, cloned each one. Then when my clones from each mother flowered, I knew which mothers were female. I do this with multiple seeds, so each plant has a unique number so I can trace the flowering clone back to its mother. I know this sounds confusing, but it's how I did it in the past on a plant from seed while establishing a perpetual harvest.

Mothers were actually cloned twice before I knew the sex due to needing enough plants for a perpetual harvest.

I think I may divide my sog across 3 our 4 mothers until I truly identify the females. Not having experience with the new strain I will grow has me at a disadvantage on identifying females in early veg due to super cropping and resulting plant heights and densities.

This post has allot of thinking out loud, and exposing my thought process.

Sorry for my...

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

running seed for production isn't usually a good idea in my opinion.the way your doing it is just crazy.you woulda been better off just getting your fem beans pop the fucks,veg em up and give each a number then take clones and then bloom out the seeds.if your using a net it doesn't matter if theyr diff phenoes as your net will keep em more or less the same plus u have the benefit of not putting all your eggs in one basket.instead of asking will a fem bean be male(which it won't.at very worse it will herm but very rarely do fem beans herm in my 15 years experience of popping fem beans of all kinds) what u should really be asking is-what if my chosen blind pheno turns out to be totally shit?then iv just put all that effort in for a pile wispy buds or no taste or herms real bad at week 5/6 etc etc.i personally wouldn't do that.i would do what i just said then on your next run you have the best pheno to do your full grow knowing youv got the best pheno.plus that's the fastest way to get u some nugs too.waiting for clones to root and then having to veg em etc etc is gonna add at least 3 weeks.at very very best assuming the clones root in a week and veg a good bit in 2 weeks.

G gnome

G gnome

running seed for production isn't usually a good idea in my opinion.the way your doing it is just crazy.you woulda been better off just getting your fem beans pop the fucks,veg em up and give each a number then take clones and then bloom out the seeds.if your using a net it doesn't matter if theyr diff phenoes as your net will keep em more or less the same plus u have the benefit of not putting all your eggs in one basket.instead of asking will a fem bean be male(which it won't.at very worse it will herm but very rarely do fem beans herm in my 15 years experience of popping fem beans of all kinds) what u should really be asking is-what if my chosen blind pheno turns out to be totally shit?then iv just put all that effort in for a pile wispy buds or no taste or herms real bad at week 5/6 etc etc.i personally wouldn't do that.i would do what i just said then on your next run you have the best pheno to do your full grow knowing youv got the best pheno.plus that's the fastest way to get u some nugs too.waiting for clones to root and then having to veg em etc etc is gonna add at least 3 weeks.at very very best assuming the clones root in a week and veg a good bit in 2 weeks.
Real talk nukka

Latest posts

Top Bottom