Feminized seeds - Best approach to pollinating?

• Thread starter Vesti Bule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Hello All,

So I will be reversing a couple of clones soon in the interest of growing some seeds to "bank", and am interested in everyone's opinion on pollination. Mainly, are results better when the reversed clone pollinates a branch or two of its direct mother, or if another plant of the same strain (from a different seed, that is) is pollinated. I am not breeding a new strain, just want to have some backups.

Thanks!

grobigbud420

grobigbud420

I have done this before and I use the cs to reverse one branch and I let it pollenate itself and another clone I had with it

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Collodial (sp?) silver will cause hermaphroditic traits to render. That being said, you're essentially trying to self-pollinate a plant that was created through self pollination, thereby further cementing that mutation. I'm no geneticist, and nowhere near "breeder" caliber, but if my understanding of seed generation, and genetic resilience is correct (I've bred a bit myself, nothing production level), you're asking for problems in subsequent generations of seeds.

That being said, do you have access to pollen of any respectable value? One cross will introduce some addition traits into the offspring, but over time you can backcross those out to target the traits you specifically want through selective breeding. Just a stream of thought here though.

Take what I've said with a grain of salt, I'm no expert.

Latest posts

Top Bottom