Feminizing a already femmes seed

• Thread starter Madbudder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbudder

Madbudder

Hey guys,
Have another question for the breeders. Out of the batch of seeds I currently have I wanted to preserve some but have some doubts.

If I take a already feminized seed put it to flower and then forced pollination through silver colloid, took said pollen, then take a separate clone from the same plant and self pollinated it with the previous clone, would it grow fugly or will it be the exact same as before?

Additionally this question also applies to two different females. If I took a self pollinated female plant forced by silver colloid and then used that pollen on a different strain female clone. Would the results of that plant carry both traits and would it also be growable?

I am basically curious if I can cross two female strains and not have to worry about the male genetics.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That was confusing but yes you can cross females. It is done all the time with feminized seed breeding. Thats f-1 seeds. S-1 is when you self them with the silver.

Madbudder

Madbudder

That was confusing but yes you can cross females. It is done all the time with feminized seed breeding. Thats f-1 seeds. S-1 is when you self them with the silver.
I went over my message again....yes that was confusing haha.

Alright, I have a Hawaiian Maui Waui that states it is an inbred line and it is the 6th generation. So if I pollinate the Hawaiian Maui Waui with its own pollen would that make it a 7th generation?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I went over my message again....yes that was confusing haha.

Alright, I have a Hawaiian Maui Waui that states it is an inbred line and it is the 6th generation. So if I pollinate the Hawaiian Maui Waui with its own pollen would that make it a 7th generation?

Im not sure how that works.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have you ever crossed two females yourself? I feel this is how excited people get when their making a kid lol

no but we have plenty of happy chuckers around here. With your thread bumped like this I'm sure some will chime in.

I just plant a lot of seeds.

Madbudder

Madbudder

no but we have plenty of happy chuckers around here. With your thread bumped like this I'm sure some will chime in.

I just plant a lot of seeds.
Thank you for the replies! I appreciate it, Community on here is full of nice people.

I am currently growing 4 strains and I am considering crossing a runtz muffin with vanilla Kush.

Only based on the name given is why I want to cross since the runtz is apparently fruity and the vanilla apparently has a vanilla and pine smell.

sounds epic

Madbudder

Madbudder

Now, when you take two different strains from a breeder and make your own cross. Do people then take credit and say that is their strain? Or is it common courtesy to say this is my cross but it came from these breeders?

I wonder, when cannabis becomes a national product when will the trade marking and genetic tracking begin. Just like that round up product that effed over a bunch of farmers

Or am I nuts lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Plenty of discussion for many years on this site as well as a lot of famous breeders used to chat here. Search around the site and find some breeder threads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom