Fems: Irie Bebop, Golden Goat, Sannie Sugar Punch, Ethos Planet of the Grapes

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I almost never grow fems, but there was an unsightly buildup of fem seeds in my Seed Vault (a small plastic container in the back of the 'fridge) so this grow came to be.

A soil mix fuck-up made me think I would start over, but I was able to reduce a soil pH of 7.1 - 7.2 to below 6.7, which saved the day.

This is the whole gang, a couple of days ago, under everyone's favorite photography light source:
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes

This is a week and a half after flip. The smaller one in the white pot, up front, is a Storm Shadow clone. In my last grow, a plant threw off a few balls and seeded the fuck out of this one's mommy. I want to find out what she's like unseeded, before deciding what to do with the clone.

The plants were all just below the metal bar you can see on the left side of the tent, before I flipped. The stretch is on.

This is an Irie Genetics Bebop girl — the one on the left, front. So far, Bebop is an easy grow. The stems are strong and may not need much in the way of support (famous last words).
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 2

Anyway, this plant is an easy grow. I read that @sshz had issues with the seedlings shedding their shells. That may have been the case with one of these (there are three), but if that is not a hassle for you, she's pretty care-free after that. Interesting double tooth pattern on all these gals.

Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 3

This is Sannie's Sugar Punch. YEARS AGO, when this cross was first dropped, I bought a pack and never grew any. That might have been 2013 or 2014. She, too, is easy.

This is one of two remaining Golden Goat girls. This one was NOT HAPPY about my dolomite SNAFU, and I thought I'd be culling her. She had a serious micro nute deficiency that I now thing was manganese. Lots of seriously pH downed water did the trick. I started with 3, but one was a lost cause, and I needed the room in the tent. I have her clone, so I'll find out what I missed some day.
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 4

It was kind of interesting to see that when you get an immobile nutrient into a plant that's been deficient, the deficiency symptom disappears. That never happens with mobile nutrients. The affected leaves look like shit forever. You can still see the lighter color toward the lower parts of the fans near the bud.

This is the other Golden Goat, which has insanely long leaflets. Well, not insanely, but sativaly.
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 5

I'm looking forward to trying these ones out. An online acquaintance of mine, who seems to have identical tastes in weed to mine, considers this his "favorite daytime smoke."

This one is a Planet of the Grapes. It's also an easy grow — extremely vigorous rooter.
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 6

Last is a Lemon Sunrise (also Irie) clone. She's easy to grow, but is an all-over-the-place sativa dom that cannot support it's buds AT ALL. Support is needed. But I love it. This plant convinced me that I need to explore the other crosses by Rasta Jeff.
Fems irie bebop golden goat sannie sugar punch ethos planet of the grapes 7

Well, I'll post some more pics when there's something more interesting to report — like a nice scent, a pretty bud or one plant demanding that someone named Seymour feed it.

I think Golden Goat would not be a problem if I had properly pHed my soil. It might even like the low 6's for pH. All the other I can recommend as easy grows for newbies.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I almost never grow fems, but there was an unsightly buildup of fem seeds in my Seed Vault (a small plastic container in the back of the 'fridge) so this grow came to be.

A soil mix fuck-up made me think I would start over, but I was able to reduce a soil pH of 7.1 - 7.2 to below 6.7, which saved the day.

This is the whole gang, a couple of days ago, under everyone's favorite photography light source:
View attachment 1085636
This is a week and a half after flip. The smaller one in the white pot, up front, is a Storm Shadow clone. In my last grow, a plant threw off a few balls and seeded the fuck out of this one's mommy. I want to find out what she's like unseeded, before deciding what to do with the clone.

The plants were all just below the metal bar you can see on the left side of the tent, before I flipped. The stretch is on.

This is an Irie Genetics Bebop girl — the one on the left, front. So far, Bebop is an easy grow. The stems are strong and may not need much in the way of support (famous last words).
View attachment 1085648
Anyway, this plant is an easy grow. I read that @sshz had issues with the seedlings shedding their shells. That may have been the case with one of these (there are three), but if that is not a hassle for you, she's pretty care-free after that. Interesting double tooth pattern on all these gals.

View attachment 1085649
This is Sannie's Sugar Punch. YEARS AGO, when this cross was first dropped, I bought a pack and never grew any. That might have been 2013 or 2014. She, too, is easy.

This is one of two remaining Golden Goat girls. This one was NOT HAPPY about my dolomite SNAFU, and I thought I'd be culling her. She had a serious micro nute deficiency that I now thing was manganese. Lots of seriously pH downed water did the trick. I started with 3, but one was a lost cause, and I needed the room in the tent. I have her clone, so I'll find out what I missed some day.
View attachment 1085656
It was kind of interesting to see that when you get an immobile nutrient into a plant that's been deficient, the deficiency symptom disappears. That never happens with mobile nutrients. The affected leaves look like shit forever. You can still see the lighter color toward the lower parts of the fans near the bud.

This is the other Golden Goat, which has insanely long leaflets. Well, not insanely, but sativaly.
View attachment 1085657
I'm looking forward to trying these ones out. An online acquaintance of mine, who seems to have identical tastes in weed to mine, considers this his "favorite daytime smoke."

This one is a Planet of the Grapes. It's also an easy grow — extremely vigorous rooter.
View attachment 1085658

Last is a Lemon Sunrise (also Irie) clone. She's easy to grow, but is an all-over-the-place sativa dom that cannot support it's buds AT ALL. Support is needed. But I love it. This plant convinced me that I need to explore the other crosses by Rasta Jeff.
View attachment 1085659

Well, I'll post some more pics when there's something more interesting to report — like a nice scent, a pretty bud or one plant demanding that someone named Seymour feed it.

I think Golden Goat would not be a problem if I had properly pHed my soil. It might even like the low 6's for pH. All the other I can recommend as easy grows for newbies.
That GG is very pretty. That is one i kind of have an eye on from a distance. Interested to see how you like the rest of the grow and the smoke!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Hi i planted 2 from Sannies Sugar Punch last outdoor season, 1 became a green pheno and 1 purple.
The smell on both was (and still is) lovely and very strong, and the effect as well.
Great sativa stimulating daydreaming effect.
Good luck !
IMG 20201019 0954272

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That GG is very pretty. That is one i kind of have an eye on from a distance. Interested to see how you like the rest of the grow and the smoke!
My friend in the Colorado Springs area says it's the most expensive thing on the dispensary menus and it sells out fast.

It seems slightly quirky, as selfed fems can be. I seem to have two phenos. It should be at least dried by tax day, so that day might be less painful.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A couple of years ago I grew out an old Reeferman strain called Willie Nelson. It went 21 weeks and NO AMBER. Well, I developed a slight case of long-flowering-sativa-PTSD, and a plant in my current grow recently triggered it.

I flipped 2 1/2 weeks ago. Here's an average bud, so far. This particular one is a Bebop:
IMG 6258 cu

The Sugar Punch, Planet of the Grapes and the other pheno of Golden Goat are at similar stages of development.

Then there's this pheno of Golden Goat:
IMG 6259 cu

AIEEEE!

Maybe I'm over-reacting.

Golden Goat was clone only, from an accidental cross of: Sweet Skunk x (Hawaiian Sativa x Romulan). This plant is from a selfed fem seed. Sure seems like it may have gotten an extra dose of those Hawaiian genes.

This might not be a bad thing, if it doesn't go more than 13 weeks. We'll see.

On another note — those stigmas seem insanely long.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They've gone 4 weeks and all is moving boringly along, with hints of great scents developing. The whole gang quickly got used to the LEDs. I did add some heat.
IMG 6303

Everyone is fairly well-behaved, except a Sugar Punch branch decided to get closer to the light.

IMG 6304

You know, you dogsit a dog for ONE NIGHT and he gets his hair in a tent and he WASN'T EVEN ON THE SAME FLOOR as the grow. Time to get some filters. Anyway, This is a Bebop top with a dog hair. The scent of all three of these is lovely - sweet fruit, and this particular one also has the mint scent from the GSC grandparent.

IMG 6305

This one is a Storm Shadow clone. Her mom got seeded by a wayward male flower last grow, so it's getting its second chance to prove itself. Scents are undeveloped, but generally skunky-dirty-fuel, at this point.

This one is a Planet of the Grapes. They all seem to have red/purple leaf veins, which seems genetic and not related to P deficiency.
IMG 6306

All three smell grapey and sweet, but there are other scents going on in there that I can't figure out yet.

Here's the Sugar Punch that sticks out above the canopy. She smells sweet and "green," at this point.
IMG 6308

This is the short, squat pheno of Golden Goat, which I'm guessing is a trait from the Romulan grandparent, but that's a guess because I never grew Romulan. Scent is "green," some fruit and sweetness, but undeveloped.
IMG 6309

Behind it is the Hallelujah pheno, which had given me the Long-running-sativa-PTSD episode. I don't think it will take an inordinate amount of time to finish. Maybe a week behind the others.
IMG 6310

That's another Sugar Punch behind it.

And finally, my Lemon Sunrise cut. This kind of reefer is dangerous for me, because it's the perfect wake-n-bake weed and I have no business waking and baking. It's better than a blast of coffee.
IMG 6312

It looks spindly now, but it fills out well. The stems, though, cannot handle the weight of the buds AT ALL. This will be a floppy mess by 8 weeks. This will be the first clone grow, so it will be interesting to see how it developed since the seed plant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

nice job,The sugar punch a blast from the past,grew them about 15 years ago along with herijuana and killing fields,Sannie is a stand up guy.Also didnt know the GG was part romulan,not seeing it,yours looks like all sativa
It's a cross between a sweet skunk x ("Hawaiian sativa" x Romulan). I just figured the Hawaiian and Sweet Skunk would be tall. Nothing looks very indica in my tent right now.

That sugar punch is an oldie, which probably means it won't measure up, potency-wise, to the newer strains.

middleagedude

middleagedude

It's a cross between a sweet skunk x ("Hawaiian sativa" x Romulan). I just figured the Hawaiian and Sweet Skunk would be tall. Nothing looks very indica in my tent right now.

That sugar punch is an oldie, which probably means it won't measure up, potency-wise, to the newer strains.
Garden looks great. I’ll be watching. I’m growing Arise and The Cream right now. Arise is GG x Jack the Ripper. It looks a lot like your gg. I’m at 9 weeks and it has maybe another week, and looks like a sativa. Smells like lemon carpet cleaner.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Garden looks great. I’ll be watching. I’m growing Arise and The Cream right now. Arise is GG x Jack the Ripper. It looks a lot like your gg. I’m at 9 weeks and it has maybe another week, and looks like a sativa. Smells like lemon carpet cleaner.
I've become a big fan of Irie and have a pack of both Arise and The Cream in waiting. Do you have a grow diary?

middleagedude

middleagedude

I've become a big fan of Irie and have a pack of both Arise and The Cream in waiting. Do you have a grow diary?
@flowerpatchhumboldt on Instagram is where I document my grow. I have arise pics up, but the cream is still a baby. This is the first time I’ve grown irie genetics and haven’t smoked any, but the arise smells lovely. I have a couple freebie packs from him too. Morning dew and strawberry starburst I believe. 🍻

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's the end o' week five update.

Everybody seems happy, even though there are a few thrips in there. The lower parts of the plants, which seem to be the favorite parts for thrips for some reason (I guess they don't like light) got bombed with the only safe pesticide I have right now — Nuke 'em. They'll get bombed again this evening and then in a couple more days. No thrips in flying stage, I guess, as I haven't seen any caught on sticky traps. There are also beneficial nematodes in the soil that I put in there for fungus gnats, but they're supposed to control thrips, too. They may be responsible for keeping numbers low.
IMG 6319

All three Bebops are different, scent-wise. This one is fruity and minty, which I assume is all from blueberry cookies.
IMG 6320

This next one is very sweet and fruity:
IMG 6321

And this gal, who looks like she plans on finishing by 8 weeks, has stenchy, dumpster-in-August, burnt rubber, chemical spill notes, with a touch of fruit in the background:
IMG 6322

This next one is a Sugar Punch. Sweet-fruit-green is what I'm getting for scents.
IMG 6323

This one is similar, but has stronger scents. Sugar Punch seems furthest from maturity of any of these plants, but we'll see.
IMG 6324

This is one of the Golden Goats — the one I was concerned was going to go long. She seems to be catching up. This one has extremely sativa-looking leaves. The other has very sativa-looking leaves.
IMG 6325

This other one is short as hell, up on a booster seat:
IMG 6326

The purple plant in the back is a PotG.

This is a clone of a Storm Shadow (White Widow x Arise) that seems to have tobacco mosaic virus, based on pics off the internet. I suppose it can get worse, because it doesn't seem to be creating much problem for this plant. I assume the mom plant has it, too, but I didn't see any signs on her.
IMG 6327

IMG 6328

Another leaf was green on one side, a mosaic of green and yellow on the other side.

Planet of the Grapes has two very grape-smelling gals and one with much less developed scents. The one with purple leaves has the least scent:
IMG 6332

IMG 6333

IMG 6334

And finally, the strain that has kept me sane for the last few months, my Lemon Sunrise clone:
IMG 6337

BTW, If you're wondering where the thrip damage is, it's mostly on the lower leaves of the short Golden Goat. The damage doesn't seem to be visible in the pics.

Based on scents and what's missing in my stash right now, I'm most interested in those Bebop girls — particularly the one that leans OG/chemical/dumpster.

On the tobacco mosaic virus plant — is it likely that came from a dirty razor when taking cuts or from thrips?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Week 6 is over, the girls are starting to put the carbon filter to the test. Here they are, with some of the more obvious plants labelled.
IMG 6350 markup

Some are definitely getting a little burned by the LED, but the Sugar Punch that wants to defy the odds is not one of them. It's the Lemon Sunrise and Golden Goat.

IMG 6351 cu

This is the Bebop that's up front. This one has a powerful berry + that minty cookie scent. Leaves are a bit tacoed. One of the other Bebops also curled their leaves. Height control is a lot more serious with LEDs.

IMG 6352 cu

This is the Storm Shadow cut. I found a nugget of this in a small container a few days ago and reminded myself why I wanted to give this plant another chance. I warned her not to get knocked up again.

IMG 6353

A P of the G girl.

IMG 6354

This is the Sugar Punch that may turn into a donkey dick cola, from the looks of it. I'm thinking it will go another 5 weeks.

IMG 6356

This is the "more sativa-looking" Golden Goat. The other is the "sativa-looking" Golden Goat.

IMG 6357

Finally, the Lemon Sunrise that I'm either burning or she's developed a nasty K deficiency.
I realized Lemon Sunrise was one of my favorites from last grow when I finished it on Friday. BTW, out of three females, all were very high potency keepers. It's a good strain to grow if you only pop a couple of seeds of each strain you grow, and you use weed like coffee.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Using my keen 6th sense for noticing plants in distress, I've discovered Lemon Sunrise is a little more sensitive to intense light than anything else in my grow. It seems to be the intensity of the LEDs rather than the UVB. The left side is more under the LED, the right is more under the UVB.
IMG 6360

I'll need to keep this girl a lot shorter in future grows. LEDs are a learning experience.

This Sugar Punch is in the middle row in the back of the tent, so it rarely gets a close look. I noticed something "wrong." She's a purple pheno. This strain seems to accept intense light. The green pheno popped that donkey dick in the last post, which is about 12" from the LED. The purple one is directly under a UVB tube.
IMG 6359 cu

I'll withhold judgement until I try them, but it seems to me that whenever a strain has a pheno with purple or red calyxes along with a green pheno, the green one is always more potent. That isn't true of plants with green calyxes and purple/black/red leaves, just the ones with colorful calyxes. Your mileage may vary.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Using my keen 6th sense for noticing plants in distress, I've discovered Lemon Sunrise is a little more sensitive to intense light than anything else in my grow. It seems to be the intensity of the LEDs rather than the UVB. The left side is more under the LED, the right is more under the UVB.
View attachment 1099780
I'll need to keep this girl a lot shorter in future grows. LEDs are a learning experience.

This Sugar Punch is in the middle row in the back of the tent, so it rarely gets a close look. I noticed something "wrong." She's a purple pheno. This strain seems to accept intense light. The green pheno popped that donkey dick in the last post, which is about 12" from the LED. The purple one is directly under a UVB tube.
View attachment 1099785
I'll withhold judgement until I try them, but it seems to me that whenever a strain has a pheno with purple or red calyxes along with a green pheno, the green one is always more potent. That isn't true of plants with green calyxes and purple/black/red leaves, just the ones with colorful calyxes. Your mileage may vary.
Green seems to be more head and color more body? At least with the descriptions i read....

I am pretty sure the Panama girls i have going are both the green pheno instead of panama red, for instance.

That said, Jeff from dfg says the red pheno of his flagship dragons stash is a bit more potent than the green pheno, which yields better, sooooooo

Something to continue to watch, for me at least.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Green seems to be more head and color more body? At least with the descriptions i read....

I am pretty sure the Panama girls i have going are both the green pheno instead of panama red, for instance.

That said, Jeff from dfg says the red pheno of his flagship dragons stash is a bit more potent than the green pheno, which yields better, sooooooo

Something to continue to watch, for me at least.
My colorful pheno experience spans about 3 strains — two of which are Sannie's, so my observation may not be valid beyond that.

I can't help drooling over nice pics of nice, colorful buds. I wouldn't mind if my observations don't hold up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom