FEMS---S1's

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAWS

JAWS

hello there:)
looking for a simple explanation between making FEM seeds compared to making S'1s..

F

flava

S1 mean selfed ie. first selfed generation. You can self a male as well, or you can pollinate one female with a genetically different reversed female so I suppose that is the difference. Female seeds don't have to be S1.

flava

JAWS

JAWS

flava yes brother i know what an S1 is and i know how to make them, just unclear on what process is used to make a FEM seed aposed to a REG S1's...

ive read ppl say reverse a female plant you the pollen to hit the mother and or clone of the mother to get S1 beanage, and then possible in the same post/thread the bean will go from an S1 to a FEM seed and i just want to know what the difference is between the TWO PROCESES or are they the same thing, just some ppl call them FEM seeds others call them S1's....

which to me make no sence what so ever FEM is SUPOSE to mean ALL FEMALE PLANTS and an S1 makes NO statement to the same, so how can they be made in the SAME EXACT BREEDING PROCESS...
:huh::huh:

JAWS

JAWS

ahh ok so your saying you make S1 by reversing a female to a male, and to get a FEM seed you reverse a male into a female then pollenate that PLANT with what?..possible a reversed female ahh meaning you would be useing a double reversed plant to get FEM seeds...

REVERSED MALE X REVERSED FEMALE == FEM seeds:huh::huh:

F

flava

They are the same except S1 you are pollinating the same plant you reversed or a clone of it, whereas femm'd just means any female reversed and used to pollinate any other female resulting in 99% xx seed theoretically.

edit - ie. ogka reversed and left to pollinate itself is S1, ogka reversed and used to pollinate a cindy female is a femm'd cross.

C

Chimera

Kinda right, but not quite.

Fem seeds aka feminized seeds, are the result of induced pollen from a true female pollinating another female clone, be it a genetic clone copy of the plant that was induced to produce pollen, or a genetically different female plant.

In the case of pollen fertilizing a gentically identical clone, the resulting seeds are labelled as S1. If the pollen fertilizes a genetically different clone, the resulting seeds are hybrid.

S1's are just a type of feminized seeds, a subdivision of kind.

-Chimera

B

British_Hempire

S1 = seeds created by pollen from a genetically identical plant (clone)

So what's the correct terminology for using pollen from a reversed female to pollinate a different plant (genetically speaking). F1 is the term we use when a male and female of two different lines are crossed, surely this should not also be used to describe a hybrid of two female?

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Not at all an expert on this kind of stuff but from what I understood, the difference between 100% female S1's and regular S1's is where the pollen came from: a "true" female or a "regular" female, hence the importance of the sellection of the true female for yer breeding. And if this is correct, by applying this same logic I guess you can have female BX and IX seeds as well...

R

Raoul

Funny, I was just thinking about this. Many of the feminized seeds today seem to be S1 generation, or F2 feminized. Wouldn't the best practice be to create F1 feminized? More vigor and stability.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What is the difference in a "True" female and a "regular" female??

I stay away from femmed ans S1 stock only becuse it seems more times that not there are late flower hermies, maybe not enough to pollinate a nd create a seed with the limited time left but definately would be robbing energy to shift to seed production even if it is late in the process...

Pros and Cons to Femmed and or S1's????

Sure am glad Chimera is here, all bullshit aside, he is probably one of the very few that actually understand this stuff at a pure scientific level......love the big brain on Chimi...

Tex

K

koopa troopa

i got some kksc s1's from kryptonite and they were labeled as S1's (femm'd). i've never seen femm'd in parenthesis next to S1, so is it S1 or femm'd. will they be all females?

R

rounders02

what up Koopa, the seeds a have should be females, by the ay how are they doing? Rounders

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings

In a nutshell: All S1 types are 'femm'd'; not all 'femm'd' types are S1.

An S1 by definition is technically an Incross; the same does not necessarily hold for all femm'd types.

It's changing... but conventionally 'S1' is not generally recognized. So British Hempire, the resulting progeny between two 'female' Cannabis plants is indeed considered the F1 generation (or designated f1 if the requirements for true hybridization are not met)

What is the difference in a "True" female and a "regular" female??....Texas Kid

A true 'female' Cannabis specimen possesses a 'female' genotype. The majority of 'female' specimens are only phenotypic for this trait and can be considered 'regular'.

...is it S1 or femm'd...koopa troopa

In this example, the seeds in question are both S1 and femm'd because they were apparently produced from a single specimen.

Sincerely,
Charles.

B

bicycle racer

i refer to fem crosses/hybrids of two genetically different strains as fem f-1's and selfed fems of the genetically same strain as s-1's real simple.

B

bicycle racer

i think what is meant by that is that a true female even under various forms of stress wont herm. a plant with such traits is a good candidate for selfing through chemical means as the fem seeds from a stress tested herm resistant plant will be stable throughout the flower cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom