Fertigation frequency in a 60/40 coco perlite

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zakattack

Zakattack

How often do you fertigate in your grow. I’ve just flipped my tent over to flower and I give a water 5 min after lights on. Then 4.5 hours later. Then another 4.5 hours later and then I give one more 6 hours later at some stage during it’s lights out . And then that leaves 9 hours until the lights come on again to let the medium dry out a lil ..

Anyone doing something similar or see an issue with the way I’m doing it ?

Fertigation frequency in a 6040 coco perlite
Fertigation frequency in a 6040 coco perlite 2
JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

U re just in day 2 of photoperiod , not necessary to irregate more offen ,
To be honest, once a day is totally enough, depending on the size of your basin,

Zakattack

Zakattack

U re just in day 2 of photoperiod , not necessary to irregate more offen ,
To be honest, once a day is totally enough, depending on the size of your basin,
this is the same table i was working off. i recently did a major defoliation which is why they might look a lil premature, but ill probly cut down a watering or two until they start getting further into the cycle. At what do you think i would go into the full 4 waterings ? and also would i not want to keep the frequency up now to prevent salt build up in the root zone?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

this is the same table i was working off. i recently did a major defoliation which is why they might look a lil premature, but ill probly cut down a watering or two until they start getting further into the cycle. At what do you think i would go into the full 4 waterings ? and also would i not want to keep the frequency up now to prevent salt build up in the root zone?
haha , i saw this chart too long ago , But I don't like to use it anymore(without auto irregation system).
4 waterings?

I can't judge this either. It depends on the ur COCO surface condition。 My personal experience is that if I am in 3-gallon pot (middle Veg ), I may need to irrigate it once a day, but if it's in 5-gallon, it's almost every 2 days. You can try to irrigate twice a day at first, and then check the condition before deciding.

Zakattack

Zakattack

haha , i saw this chart too long ago , But I don't like to use it anymore(without auto irregation system).
4 waterings?

I can't judge this either. It depends on the ur COCO surface condition。 My personal experience is that if I am in 3-gallon pot (middle Veg ), I may need to irrigate it once a day, but if it's in 5-gallon, it's almost every 2 days. You can try to irrigate twice a day at first, and then check the condition before deciding.
yea i've got an auto irrigation system and drain to waste. so the amount it gets watered doesn't phase me. i just read in an artical about the root zone EC increasing as the plant sucks up the water through osmosis and for that reason you need to water frequently enough to avoid that. but yea defos gona cut one watering out for now. probly the 4th one that 6 hours later in the lights off time. using 3 gallon pots for 4 plants and 5 gallon for 2 in my grow.

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

When I started, I read the whole site of Coco for Cannabis, and did the multiple fertigations.

What I found was, I was watering too much for the plants size. Let them dry out, go by their weight to determine when to fertigate again. My small, mainlined plants in 3 gal pots get fed every other day. YMMV.

Zakattack

Zakattack

Plants are coming along nicely. Just been a bitch tryna keep the temp an humidity down With summer coming in hot ! . Gear is running full time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom