fertilizer after nute burn

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

how long after nute burn should u wait until u feeding nutrients again ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

depends what medium your using,soil it takes 3 days to notice change,coco you never just use water never
that said what medium you using?
throw up a pic of plant were i can see what your talking of

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

good to see you, skol.

great question

just taggin along for the ride because I'd like to see what skol says about this.
i don't believe I've seen, or considered this question, before; strangely, enough. i forget stuff, but honestly don't think i have.
great to know for future.

thank u both, for your time.

skol! new experiment!
gonna try something different:
essentially, bubble hash, with solvent... ambient air evap and snort n the morning. should b a 70% boost above smoking. 30% boost above edibles and as capsule oil takes a while... we gonna c about instant relief.
basically, my oil procedures, with time evap @ 70°f vs typical distillation so less degradation and it's activated. line it up, like blow and try to get less than 1mg. we ain't looking for strength... we lookin for speedier delivery, deleting liver function.
not ur typical route, but if Columbia and nasonex can do it... we gonna try.
beats the rear entry!

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

depends what medium your using,soil it takes 3 days to notice change,coco you never just use water never
that said what medium you using?
throw up a pic of plant were i can see what your talking of
IMG 20200525 105802788
IMG 20200525 105854062
IMG 20200525 110327397
IMG 20200525 110343388

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

that dont look like nute burn but more like over watering to me,could be wrong,thats the new soil mix with pine chips in it right?,have you by chance checked the runoff of that soil? i mean as in as soon as the runoff starts coming out of the bottom collect a little and test it with your tds meter,your looking for what first comes out for the test,
that said when it needs watered again why not try that,i have heard several folks on other sites having same issues,all kind of mends recomended but me i cant help but think the biggest issue is the pine nuggets,pine is very acidic and i realize the plants we grow like acidic but not to that extent,pine can take soil down as far as 5 ph in east texas ,so why not give it a try with the runoff

visajoe1

visajoe1

Do you have a ppm/ec meter?

A great exercise to learn about your girls is measure what you feed it and measure what comes out of it. You'll learn their metabolism and know when to feed and not feed.

You can probably go a week at least without feeding, small plant

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

that dont look like nute burn but more like over watering to me,could be wrong,thats the new soil mix with pine chips in it right?,have you by chance checked the runoff of that soil? i mean as in as soon as the runoff starts coming out of the bottom collect a little and test it with your tds meter,your looking for what first comes out for the test,
that said when it needs watered again why not try that,i have heard several folks on other sites having same issues,all kind of mends recomended but me i cant help but think the biggest issue is the pine nuggets,pine is very acidic and i realize the plants we grow like acidic but not to that extent,pine can take soil down as far as 5 ph in east texas ,so why not give it a try with the runoff
[/ it's miracle grow potting soil

mancorn

mancorn

I'd recommend doing the standard nursery "pour through method" for testing your EC. You can find easy instructions online, but you're basically saturating your pot (with your standard fert mix) until it just starts to run out. Let the pot sit for an hour. Now pour a 2nd small amount of water into your pot and collect the runoff in a drip tray. (It depends on size of pot for how much your want in your 2nd pour. See instruction online ~5oz/gallon). This small 2nd pour displaces the water that's been sitting in the pot for the last hour (as opposed to just collecting water your pouring in), and why you're only pouring in a small amount. Test this leachate for EC and pH. (Or you can just wait 1/2 hour, tilt your pot and collect this runoff, which should give enough runoff to test.)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ohhhh lord,well crap there is a big problem,so did you flush this soil?please say no hahaha
the miracle grow has slow release nutes mate,what ever you do dont flush it,it will triple the feed of nutes to your plant,let me ask do you have any way to buy difrent soil?
you can transplant these plants into somthing else without harming them this young,if not you got a long ride ahead
so lets say your stuck with it,so right now for sure water only the newer growth looks fine,them bottom leaves will come off later in the game anyway.
if you use the MG soil you gonna have to use water mainly,that damn urea in it is troublsome to say the least,but gonna be a week by week thing,you ask why,well MG soil might be great for outdoors and veggie plants ,but you also dont pamper them outdoor plants and have them under artifical lights and controll temps and humidity outdoor,all these factor were it does not shine at all for cannbis,control is a big factor for medicine,most folks see the plant stress a little bit ,get that hand sprayer out and put some blue powder in it give the whole garden a spray of pretty blue posin and walk off 3 days later look out the window and say damn it hot them plants just cant hang and before you know it the whole garden is yellow and all plants just hanging on shit look like the whole thing was harvested by injuns in a night raid hahaha,dont ask me how i know that one hahaha.
morale is a bitch to work with,that said you need a tds meter and ph meter,you can take the mg feed and still feed ppm at rates it needs to be ,ticker is when ,the stuff is potent.
then we got the over water thing,why not take a pot same size as the one you have ,fill it with the MG soil just as you have the ones your using,leave it dry and to the side,you already know what a wet pot feels like ,do a side by side comparision ,take the dry pot lean towards you,feel the weight ,then the wet pot do the same,wit both side by side when you think the planted one feels as if it is half way dry,give it a cup of water,then as the plant matures a bit you will increase the amount you give it,in the mean time you train yourself to not starve the plant but to give it only what it needs.
you ever notice a healthy dog has a skinny ass and boney,were as a fat back dog is pretty and you think healthy but he isnt,same thing with plants mate,you can stick a finger in there to the knuckle and feel moist,that what you want,if the dirt sticks to finger it good,if you can feelk moisture but no dirt sticks ,give it just a shot of water ,dont drench it

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ohhhh lord,well crap there is a big problem,so did you flush this soil?please say no hahaha
the miracle grow has slow release nutes mate,what ever you do dont flush it,it will triple the feed of nutes to your plant,let me ask do you have any way to buy difrent soil?
you can transplant these plants into somthing else without harming them this young,if not you got a long ride ahead
so lets say your stuck with it,so right now for sure water only the newer growth looks fine,them bottom leaves will come off later in the game anyway.
if you use the MG soil you gonna have to use water mainly,that damn urea in it is troublsome to say the least,but gonna be a week by week thing,you ask why,well MG soil might be great for outdoors and veggie plants ,but you also dont pamper them outdoor plants and have them under artifical lights and controll temps and humidity outdoor,all these factor were it does not shine at all for cannbis,control is a big factor for medicine,most folks see the plant stress a little bit ,get that hand sprayer out and put some blue powder in it give the whole garden a spray of pretty blue posin and walk off 3 days later look out the window and say damn it hot them plants just cant hang and before you know it the whole garden is yellow and all plants just hanging on shit look like the whole thing was harvested by injuns in a night raid hahaha,dont ask me how i know that one hahaha.
morale is a bitch to work with,that said you need a tds meter and ph meter,you can take the mg feed and still feed ppm at rates it needs to be ,ticker is when ,the stuff is potent.
then we got the over water thing,why not take a pot same size as the one you have ,fill it with the MG soil just as you have the ones your using,leave it dry and to the side,you already know what a wet pot feels like ,do a side by side comparision ,take the dry pot lean towards you,feel the weight ,then the wet pot do the same,wit both side by side when you think the planted one feels as if it is half way dry,give it a cup of water,then as the plant matures a bit you will increase the amount you give it,in the mean time you train yourself to not starve the plant but to give it only what it needs.
you ever notice a healthy dog has a skinny ass and boney,were as a fat back dog is pretty and you think healthy but he isnt,same thing with plants mate,you can stick a finger in there to the knuckle and feel moist,that what you want,if the dirt sticks to finger it good,if you can feelk moisture but no dirt sticks ,give it just a shot of water ,dont drench it
I transplanted them in the pots u see them in a few days ago they have only been in that pot for a few days along with the soil before that I had them in solo cups in dirt from my yard I removed most of the yard dirt without breaking any roots and replanted them in the soil I had left from my tomatoes
IMG 20200520 211044890 HDR

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

my plants are out side I only bring them in when it was raining or really cold I have transplanted 1 into the ground already and it seems to be doing fine the others are in the pots with the potting soil the soil mix im using has less then 1 percent of each npk in it . the fertilizer I got is a 24/8/16 npk . I am in the process of getting a small 2x4x6 grow space inside done but that will take me a lil bit to get up and running

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ok well good luck,i believe it were me i would have just stuck to my reg ground soil and feed it ,put a mess perlite in it and go other than use MG soil,but that just me i have nothing for monsato and miricle grow,you can pull it off but it gonna be a ride.
thats the miracle of perlite,you add it roots breath hhaahah,ok im leave you be i really do hope the best for you mate sorry to bother you

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd recommend doing the standard nursery "pour through method" for testing your EC. You can find easy instructions online, but you're basically saturating your pot (with your standard fert mix) until it just starts to run out. Let the pot sit for an hour. Now pour a 2nd small amount of water into your pot and collect the runoff in a drip tray. (It depends on size of pot for how much your want in your 2nd pour. See instruction online ~5oz/gallon). This small 2nd pour displaces the water that's been sitting in the pot for the last hour (as opposed to just collecting water your pouring in), and why you're only pouring in a small amount. Test this leachate for EC and pH. (Or you can just wait 1/2 hour, tilt your pot and collect this runoff, which should give enough runoff to test.)
I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone discuss that here and you're absolutely right. Testing runoff during watering is bound to catch a lot of solution just running through. Should always do it an hr or so later exactly like you said. Great tip.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ok well good luck,i believe it were me i would have just stuck to my reg ground soil and feed it ,put a mess perlite in it and go other than use MG soil,but that just me i have nothing for monsato and miricle grow,you can pull it off but it gonna be a ride.
thats the miracle of perlite,you add it roots breath hhaahah,ok im leave you be i really do hope the best for you mate sorry to bother you
I never said u was bothering me I wasn't saying anything bad just telling u what I had done and like I said I started this grow on a spur of the moment type of thing

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Do you have a ppm/ec meter?

A great exercise to learn about your girls is measure what you feed it and measure what comes out of it. You'll learn their metabolism and know when to feed and not feed.

You can probably go a week at least without feeding, small plant
no I don't have any of that right I am building and indoor grow room and will have all of that when it is up and running

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone discuss that here and you're absolutely right. Testing runoff during watering is bound to catch a lot of solution just running through. Should always do it an hr or so later exactly like you said. Great tip.
I did what u suggested first I checked the ph in the water it was between 6 or 7 sorry but I only have the strips to test ph right now I use rain water I caught in a tank then I ran some water through the potting soil I had let in drain waited about an hour ran some more water through it caught and the ph went down to between 5 and 6

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I did what u suggested first I checked the ph in the water it was between 6 or 7 sorry but I only have the strips to test ph right now I use rain water I caught in a tank then I ran some water through the potting soil I had let in drain waited about an hour ran some more water through it caught and the ph went down to between 5 and 6
Ph can help but can also be misleading, Ec/ppm is what you really want to know.

B

Burned Haze

Are you covering that cup with a second layer cup to preserve and protect the benefical fungi/bacteria? it’s not a good thing to have clear Inless you can have a uv blocking container as your second container .

now the nutes part, are you applying dry based organics , or organics In general ? Cause that takes time to release and if you want the next fert to be on time, it’s all about proper timings . The plant is young so key is to know the strengeth of soil ( like what’s in the soil or what’s your apply) and how often you should be applying that nute.

nute example: ( three part dry base organic , just have to apply every 1-3 weeks depending on age and just water em)

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Are you covering that cup with a second layer cup to preserve and protect the benefical fungi/bacteria? it’s not a good thing to have clear Inless you can have a uv blocking container as your second container .

now the nutes part, are you applying dry based organics , or organics In general ? Cause that takes time to release and if you want the next fert to be on time, it’s all about proper timings . The plant is young so key is to know the strengeth of soil ( like what’s in the soil or what’s your apply) and how often you should be applying that nute.

nute example: ( three part dry base organic , just have to apply every 1-3 weeks depending on age and just water em)
I transplanted them out of the cup the other day. when someone mentioned clear wasn't good now there all the ground outside .the soil was miracle grow inground plant soil its all I had at the moment the soil npk is 0.09-0.05-0.07 I decided to try this I am also growing tomatoes and have some expert Gardner
IMG 20200526 233626718
fertilizer my plants were fine in the soil until I used the fertilizer at half strength on them. the fertilizer npk is 24-8-16

Top Bottom