Fertilizer calculations are way off. Help

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

fucked up my calculations and over fertilizer 4 of my babies. I figured for 1 gal of water and I mixed everything in 1/2gal for my 2 photos and 1/4 gal for my 2 autos.
Photo got 1/2water 1.5 tsp grow big, 2tsp big bloom
Autos 1/4 water 1/4 tsp grow big and 3/4 tsp big bloom. Concentration is way off. Anything I can do now to help rectify my situation?

Ponky

Ponky

Ok what's the media used? Pot size? You might be able to literally rinse out your media. How frequently does it take water?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Take a garden hose and flush each one for a good 5-10 minutes each, that'll get just about all of the excess junk out of there. Allow to dry out a little before watering again. Plants will be fine. Good luck!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Water only today was first nute feeding
i’m i understanding correct you only water 1-2 cups every other day?
the advice from @Deadstill is good..
but later on when watering make sure the whole medium gets wet, probably a 1/2-3/4 of gallon water for a 3 gallon bag..

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
but later on when watering make sure the whole medium gets wet, probably a 1/2-3/4 of gallon water for a 3 gallon bag..
Yes proper watering is crucial for cannabis. The general rule is to keep watering until you see 10% of what you've added, run-out of the bottom. So in other words if you are doing it right, if you add (for example) 10 oz. of water, you should see at least 1 oz of water come out the bottom.

Another technique is to heft your pots before and after you water them - eventually you'll know when a plant needs watering just by picking it up. There's a lot of information about proper watering techniques on here if you search the forums.

Foster823

Foster823

but later on when watering make sure the whole medium gets wet, probably a 1/2-3/4 of gallon water for a 3 ga
Ok thanks for the quick response and advice

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
BTW You might want to take a closer look at your plants with a loupe or magnifying glass - my eyes aren't what they used to be - but those plants are exhibiting signs of spider mite damage. Look at the white spots on the leaves, the lower leaf with obvious damage - most likely from those little bastards that are the bane of every cannabis grower's existence 🤠

Observationist

Observationist

BTW You might want to take a closer look at your plants with a loupe or magnifying glass - my eyes aren't what they used to be - but those plants are exhibiting signs of spider mite damage. Look at the white spots on the leaves, the lower leaf with obvious damage - most likely from those little bastards that are the bane of every cannabis grower's existence 🤠
Yeah if you’re growing them outdoors you might wanna get on a IPM schedule

Top Bottom