fertilizer

• Thread starter JustBecouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustBecouse

my plants are buding good what should i fertalize them with to really pump them out with? mid west

R

Ruin

fertilizer answer

It all about what week of flowering you are in, and how long the strain takes to finish flowering. To play it safe i recommend bat guano highly. You will want a high phosphorus guano. I am using the SUNLEAVES INDONESIAN BAT GUANO. There are many kinds but its an all natural organic fertilizer and there are no better tasting nugs than organic nugs.

F

Friendo

Endless choices of bloom products.

Hi Farmer - Go to your grow store and you'll see an endless choice of Blooming nutes. Fox Farm is good but there are a lot of others. The bat guano is a good way to go. The high phosphorus type (indonesia). Also check out on the internet the idea of using sugars. Subcool promotes "sucanet" a raw sugar. Also see if molasass is used in this way. Molasass is the secret ingrediant to many organic fertilizers.
FRIENDO

H

HB Dave

I am using Fox Farms liquids, every 3rd watering (about once a week). I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil in containers.

4 tsp Big Bloom/gal (0.01-0.3-0.7)
2 tsp Tiger Bloom/gal (2-8-4)
1 tsp of the Flora Nectar/gal

I PH the water to 5.5.

I was told that the FloraNectar will be used as molasses and sweeten the taste/odor of the buds.

When vegging, I replace the Tiger Bloom with Grow Big 1 tsp/gallon (6-4-4), I also PH the water to 6.3 during vegging.

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

bio-bizz is the way to go i fill i used a lot of other fertilizers and by far i like bio-bizz the best and i use their soil to happy grow The Cali. kid

R

Rolln J

there are no better tasting nugs than organic nugs.

you know I hear that line all the time - AND THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON YOU or on organics - but just a general rant!

my friend tried going the bat guano way and he just burned the shit out of his weed...

A lot of the "Organic" stuff that shows up at the clubs is very funky, burnt looking even had a sample bud of a strain called oasis given to me, it smelled like fish emulsion and tasted like fresh dirt when you smoked it - at least thats what my son said because I wouldnt try it - lol

anyway my point is - just because something is organic doesnt mean you cant overdo it.

so go gentle - it it better to under do it then over do it especially when your in bloom.

depending on what you buy you may have to use 1/2 or even 1/4 of what the label recommends.

if you fertilize and flush properly you can get good results with organics or concentrates.

A

arikjay

molasses is much cheaper and just as effective as similar products that contain molasses. research and be careful not all grow stores show you the cheapest way out. look for dry bulk soil amendments they can also be a great help

H

HB Dave

anyway my point is - just because something is organic doesnt mean you cant overdo it.

so go gentle - it it better to under do it then over do it especially when your in bloom.

depending on what you buy you may have to use 1/2 or even 1/4 of what the label recommends.

if you fertilize and flush properly you can get good results with organics or concentrates.

This is good advice, notice my schedule does not match the recommended schedule, it is about 2/3 of it. Full dosage I have found burned my plants when they were younger and I had to make adjustments, I had to do a flush yesterday and start from scratch today (using a little higher N and Ph) due to some yellowing that was a Ph issue.

Start slow and gradually work up, regardless of what brand you wind up using, every strain is different and all soils are not alike due to water and other natural factors when growing outdoors, even in containers.

J

JustBecouse

well i guess i posted then forgot about it, i ended up going with some stuff i found at the hardwear store. 15-30-15, it worked great in one week the buds over doubled, and some of the females that weren't budding good took off awesome, white widow is bull shit in the mid west for out door growing. i guess i knew i was taking a chance when i planted them.. thanks for the input though guys.

G

gulf island

you know I hear that line all the time - AND THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON YOU or on organics - but just a general rant!

my friend tried going the bat guano way and he just burned the shit out of his weed...

A lot of the "Organic" stuff that shows up at the clubs is very funky, burnt looking even had a sample bud of a strain called oasis given to me, it smelled like fish emulsion and tasted like fresh dirt when you smoked it - at least thats what my son said because I wouldnt try it - lol

you are right about just because its organic doesnt meen it is better ive seen alot of outdoor buds from various growers that there buds are organic but they have mixed to much in there holes and there buds dont burn well.i call it plugging up,i have a mix that i mix up for my holes and as my plants get bigger i watch them to see if they need more then ill use welcome harvest farms liquid products,and always flush my plants well near harvest 14 days water roughly

S

Smokey1InSoCal

I used 3 tsp Big Bloom per gal water every other watering and then nothing but straight water the last week to flush the roots and plants (so it won't have a bad taste).
My 2 cents

Latest posts

Top Bottom