Few Issues...First Time Grow

• Thread starter carshowkings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

carshowkings

I have a few issues that i can't seem to figure out why they are happening or even how to solve this.

I am located in NorCal...

This is what i am currently working with....

I just recently took a 10x10x8 (Aluminum?) Shed and removed the top of it. I bought some PVC Roofing Panels that are White. Due to the Height,I had to choice a material that was not clear because taller people might be able to look into my shed and that was why i choice to go with the White PVC Roofing Panels from a Home Depot. I am trying to keep this as "Down Low" as i can, as i don't want anyone to know what i am doing. The roofing panels say it allows for 90% Light to Expand.

Inside the Shed, I have 2 Small Fans blowing Air around inside my plants. I also happen to have 2 small vents on the back of the shed and 1 small vent on the Roof to get air to come in and air to go back out. I am currently waiting for my Charcoal Filter and 6' Exhaust Fan so that i can blow hot air out. Currently it does not get that hot inside. I am currently wrapping up the walls with reflective paper so that the lighting will get better, I just finished that yesterday. I also have placed a Drip system into place so that all the plants will receive the same amount of nutrients and water. I have set this up with a hose timer.

So my Issue is this....

My first 11 plants that i purchased about a month and a half ago are currently starting to flower...I believe they are from what people are telling me. My Question is why? They aren't that tall, One of them really sprouted to be tall and the rest look like they are all dwarfs..I have seen what other peoples outdoor plants look like and mine don't look the same at all...All my plants were clones that i bought from a respectable establishment. I planted them all with some highly recommended Soil (Can't Remember Name) in some 3Gallon Plastic Pots...I have never changed the pots due to the fact that i never seen the roots come close to the bottom. The other day, I removed one of the plants out of the pot and noticed that it hadn't had very long roots at all, and i don't think the plant got stressed out due to that. I was told that about 5 weeks to change the pot to a larger one...but never did that due to the fact that i never seen the roots come out the bottom. I also never ran any Nutrients into the water while i was watering them for the first few weeks...I just recently walked into a Hydro store and bought some nutrients from Bloom and Growth and am now mixing all 4 bottles into my resivor to water them with...

I have also been told that if i "top them" that they will grow even more or if "tie them down" that it would make them grow even more. My question is exactly how do you top them or tie them down? or How do you decide where to cut them? I don't wanna cut up my plant and mess it up...and I really don't understand the value or how to do this task exactly...would appreciate some insight on this...

3 weeks after i purchased the First 11, I purchased an additional 17 Clones from the same place. Again i placed these with Plotting Soil in 3 Gallon Plastic Pots. So far i have noticed the Purple Kush isn't really getting tall. The Super Silver Haze and Afgooey are getting pretty tall and are doing well. If i compared sizes, I would say the Afgooey and Super Silver are like 2 feet Tall and the Kush is like half a foot tall. Again how can i get the kushes to grow more? Also will i need to remove the 3 Gallon Plastic Pots and place them in bigger pots to help them get bigger and not stressed out?

Lastly about 2 weeks ago I purchased an additional 15 and instead i decided to try something different with these...I decided to go with some Super Roots Air Pot 3.4 Galloon Pots. I placed my SourFlower and Grapefruit X Romulan in those 15 pots. With these ones, I started the Nutrients right away. Again will i need to replace these Air Pots as the plant gets bigger? I have been told that ounce the plant is in the air pots that it would never be needed to move again....Is that right?

Also with 50 clones of these types of strains, what can i expect as my total return? 4 lbs?

Also how often do i need to run the drip system so that the plants get there water and nutrients without giving them too much? Often at times i go inside the shed to notice that the soil is still moist. Currently i am watering them ounce a day, ever other day...I was told each plant will need about a glass of water a day, every other day. Is that correct?

My Strains currently are :

OG Kush
Purple Kush
Bubba Kush
Super Silver Sour Haze
GrapeFruit X Romulan
SourFlower
Afgooey

Nutrients:

1 Litter Bottle of Van De Zwaan Soil A
1 Litter Bottle of Van De Zwaan Soil B
1 Litter Bottle of Van De Zwaan Top Booster
1 Litter Bottle of Van De Zwaan Bud XL

Currently using Soil A & B for ALL Plants. Using Top Booster and Bud XL only for the First 11, trying to figure out when to use it on the next batch...

Again, I appreciate all your time and help.

Some Video's to explain what i am referring too...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVLDrNxWFjw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9IpFEI3Ibs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8AaQfrIEg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dmcFqy7Lc[/YOUTUBE]

F

FFMang

i cant view the videos... dial up internet.

you have alot of variables to consider. is this your first grow?

how many hours of direct light do the plants get? ie, when the sun is directly over the roof? this is the biggest factor.

what is your current daylight/nighttime ratio? the clones were most likely in a room where they had 18 hours on and 6 hours off, every day.
chances are, you only have about... oh i dunno , 13 hours of sunlight this time of year? when does the sun set , and when does it rise? do a google for your area.
my point is --- the clones sensed a drop in the amount of light.... they think it is autumn, and want to flower, so they will.

nutrients -- if it's organic, its alot easier than companies make it out to be. as long as your NPK is balanced... wether it be 3-3-3 or 10-10-10 or even 4.5-5-6 , as long as they are almost the same number, your plants will love them for vegging.
give them veg for another couple weeks untill they get a good root hold
then switch to using ferts higher in P and K, so maybe a 3-6-6 or a 5-10-10 and use that for flowering.
...see what i mean?
also, dont use full strength solution.... read your directions, and use either 1/2 or 2/3 of what the bottle says... this way you will make your plants happy and you dont have to worry about burning them.
Plants only need ferts every 1-3 weeks depending on the soil, strain, sun etc etc

Watering --- they need water when they are thirsty, man :)
if the soil is dry on the surface, stick your finger in an Inch or so... if its dry, they need water. if its Wet, do Not water.
it is possible you are over watering your plants.

----

in 3 gallon pots, and the limited light you have, + inexperience... please dont think i'm being rude, but i would expect anything from 1/4 oz per plant, to 3 oz per plant. LOTS of variables, each strain, how much root space, and how much SUN.

you mentioned your plants dont look like peoples outdoor plants --- thats because they aren't out doors. every minute of sunlight makes a difference. their plants probably get almost full days of sun, you get how man hours? you need at LEAST 5 hours of strong direct light for your plants to really be happy.

i hope i simplified things abit, ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom