FFHF Rerun

• Thread starter Rockstar369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rockstar369

Rockstar369

Hey all, I'm getting close to finishing off two Tangerine dream autos in two five gal buckets of ffhf. My plan is to take this used nitrogen depleted soil and add compost, vermicompost, lava rock, diatomaceous earth, buildasoil craft blend nutrient pack, and run their clover cover crop blend on top and let that sit for 3 weeks to a month then put it into an approximately 30 gal pot and run my last TD seed in that. I'm wondering if this will be suitable enough for a full grow with only watering and teas? Any advice and suggestions are welcome as this is only my first grow. Thanks in advance and happy growing

Perception

Perception

Sounds like a good plan to me! Especially since you are going up to a 30gal pot. But ultimately, you won’t know until you try it. Sometimes you gotta just take a stab and see how it goes.

Don’t be shy on the vermicompost and compost either. If it was me, I’d do roughly 25% vermicompost and/or compost (could do more if you wanted. 30-40%) and 15-20% perlite or other aeration. Is the lava rock for aeration or to add trace minerals? Just make sure you are adding aeration back in to it via perlite or pumice to balance with the compost you are adding.

Perception

Perception

I just looked at that craft blend. Lots of stuff in there. If you wanted to simplify, I think you’d be fine just adding the craft blend, vermicompost, and perlite.

Reactions: Ina
Rockstar369

Rockstar369

Sounds like a good plan to me! Especially since you are going up to a 30gal pot. But ultimately, you won’t know until you try it. Sometimes you gotta just take a stab and see how it goes.

Don’t be shy on the vermicompost and compost either. If it was me, I’d do roughly 25% vermicompost and/or compost (could do more if you wanted. 30-40%) and 15-20% perlite or other aeration. Is the lava rock for aeration or to add trace minerals? Just make sure you are adding aeration back in to it via perlite or pumice to balance with the compost you are adding.
Thanks for the tips and yes the lava rock is for aeration and trace minerals

Top Bottom