Fiberglass

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

Recently I was talking to someone in a canna bakery and brought up some flowers I got a few weeks back that look incredible but left an odd feeling after exhale. Nothing I've experienced in my years of smoking.

He told me some shady growers recently have been caught spraying fiberglass in buds to make them look frosty.
This was kind of scary and an eye opener.
After returning to the shop those flowers came from and asking ?'s the bud tender told me they won't be getting that or anything else from that grower but wouldn't say why.

Has anyone else heard stories like this? Any truth to it?

The shop these buds came from was in garden grove ca.

sedate

sedate

Um. This makes no sense to me. I've actually used spray fiberglass before making subwoofer enclosures . . .

I can tell you categorically there is no way to add something like that to bud without - you know - making it sort of obvious.

As in "Why is my MMJ coated in a hard amber shell that smells like gasoline?" noticeable.

He might as well have said "We caught some growers using white spray paint on the buds to make them more potent" - well obviously that makes absolutely zero sense under any and all conditions.

It seems to me that whoever told you that doesn't understand what fiberglass is.

drunknbass

drunknbass

Um. This makes no sense to me. I've actually used spray fiberglass before making subwoofer enclosures . . .

I can tell you categorically there is no way to add something like that to bud without - you know - making it sort of obvious.

As in "Why is my MMJ coated in a hard amber shell that smells like gasoline?" noticeable.

He might as well have said "We caught some growers using white spray paint on the buds to make them more potent" - well obviously that makes absolutely zero sense under any and all conditions.

It seems to me that whoever told you that doesn't understand what fiberglass is.

Umm. Fiberglass and resin are two different things.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
theres a million stories on the web of people selling weed in the uk that has "glass" or I think they refer to it as "grit" to make the schwaggy weed look like it has crystals

not sure what it is they are spraying but it can supposedly make you cough up blood if you smoke alot of it

again just some shit I have read on the internets

drunknbass

drunknbass

theres a million stories on the web of people selling weed in the uk that has "glass" or I think they refer to it as "grit" to make the schwaggy weed look like it has crystals

not sure what it is they are spraying but it can supposedly make you cough up blood if you smoke alot of it

again just some shit I have read on the internets

Yea, I've never heard this before the convo with the bakery and since he does deal with growers and has a shop in the same county I felt he was a reputable source of info.
What he told me was from the naked eye it looks like crystals but under the loupe you can tell it apart if you know what you're looking for.

All I know is the stuff I had did leave an odd dusty coat feeling in my lungs which I've never felt before and I wish I had some of that bud to look at now.
That added to the "shady ness" of the dispensary I got it from and them saying "we will never buy from that grower again" made me kind of question the quality of meds.
Urban legend? Maybe. But it's worth keeping an eye out even if it has .01% chance of being true.

jagle

jagle

often done here in ireland by criminals to add weight to the bag, glass, grit, dirt dunno exactly what they are spraying it with, you you can feel it on your hands, or teeth

convex

convex

There was/is? a product called Brix that was sprayed on plants to increase weight - I think it was various sugars mixed with a few nasties.

It was rampant in UK a few years ago.

The other nasty trick that was/still is? a problem was the practice of mixing in fine glass for sand blasting to add extra weight and the appearance of crystals. Usually added after the buds were screened for dry sift before hitting market.

Unscrupulous commercial growers will do anything to increase the bottom line it seems.

jimbooo

jimbooo

Here in Australia I have come across the Brix product. Easy to spot if you lick it.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Grit weed has been around europe for years...who knows what the fuck is on it..

i saw one version where the ash would not leave the joint..it had to be snapped off

smoke this and you will end up dead!

a little more info here

But this is just one form....many other nasty things are being put into commercial weed.

A few years ago all you could get in the uk was grit weed i spoke to my friends there recently and they said its near enough gone from the uk now.

Looks like its starting to hit the USA now :(

green punk

green punk

They used to spray beasters with soda pop to make them look more crystalline ,and sticky to the touch. You could tell cuz the bag would stick to the buds in a unnatural way.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn that's some crazy shit.. I've never heard of this b4.. Great posts

philly kush

philly kush

Ive heard of so many stories like this.This is 1 of the reasons why i do my own thiing.I know what im getting or giving.Safe meds from mother nature .All natural

B

Buddy Hemphill

Man we have progressed so far in the MMJ world.

Folks here in Cali are so educated about weed, it alost seems impossible to me that this even goes on anywhere.

I remember the "paraquat sprayed weed" scare tactics they used on me in Jr High.

Somebody needs an ass whipping for doing folks that way.:punch

All the more reason for testing and controls.

And medical legalization worldwide.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I've done some fiberglass work too, and while it would be obvious if somebody chopper-gunned your buds, there are lots of smaller fibers and fillers used in that industry that could give just an effect as stated. Microspheres and silica are two that come to mind.

Surely the urban scare legend gets a lot of mileage beyond reality, but still makes me realize how fortunate some of us are to know the quality of our meds better, especially in cases where it's desperately needed for quality of life.

drunknbass

drunknbass

Yea.. i started growing just because i consumed enough to make the cost justified. Now that ive done research into growing and see the chem and really scary stuff used(not by all, but only takes a few big boys to ruin a good thing) it makes me not trust stuff from shops.
At first i didnt really get why people cared about organic, but now i get it. Sad that i had to learn like this though.

M

masterplan

unscrupulous dealers will do whatever the hell they think they can get away with. I just cant believe people would put shit that will mess up your health

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

who knows what your getting when you dont know where it came from,you think cartels give a flying fuck if your smoking toxins?hell no,they just care about profits!Thanks for posting up the gritweed link too logic,ive never even heard about this shit before!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Reminds me of stories where moonshiners would make methanol- wood alcohol- and sell it as good product. Drinkers would end up sick, blind- or dead. This raised enough fuss that 'legitimate' moonshiners closed ranks and policed the problem themselves... one would guess 'with extreme prejudice'.

Give nothing you wouldn't smoke. You never know if the end user has serious medical issues, and it's just bad karma. Some people just don't get it...

T

TiffanyT

Yeah, a year or so on and this stuff is still getting around. My friends think they have bought that brix+ product. Buds look a darker brown rather than nice green. Taste like rubbish when smoked and if they are licked taste sweet. Weird stuff

Top Bottom