Fighting the war on gnats

• Thread starter zcamaroz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zcamaroz

zcamaroz

I flipped my girls to flower and now I find Gnats. I tried DE and found alot dead on the plastic I have on the floor. Still seeing alot. I strated spraying neem oil on the dirt. I also have sticky cards in each. Im so angry at these darn things. I am meticulous about everything with my plants. I watch carefully and not over water. My plants seem to be doing fine considering im blasting them with fans to keep the hatched gnats away. .Anyone have any thing to try that wont kill my girls or poison me?

RookieBC

RookieBC

I flipped my girls to flower and now I find Gnats. I tried DE and found alot dead on the plastic I have on the floor. Still seeing alot. I strated spraying neem oil on the dirt. I also have sticky cards in each. Im so angry at these darn things. I am meticulous about everything with my plants. I watch carefully and not over water. My plants seem to be doing fine considering im blasting them with fans to keep the hatched gnats away. .Anyone have any thing to try that wont kill my girls or poison me?
Can't you cover the soil with some diatomaceous earth and then an inch of sand or so on top? The diatomaceous earth kills the grubs when they come to the surface and they can't get through the sand and die then the gnats can't lay eggs in the sand it's too coarse and doesn't retain moisture. That's what my buddy always did I've never had bug problems so far knock on wood but I'm mental when it comes to cleaning and I got laid off so I just sit there and look at my plants all day waiting fir nothing to happen cause we still locked down in Canada. Haven't been to a restaurant in well over a year, haven't been to a concert in over a year since I was 22 years since I turned 16 and this is by far the longest I've ever gone without a concert I pretend my plants are whatever in listening to and crank my fan

RookieBC

RookieBC

Oh I almost forgot the other 2 great ways are beneficial Nematodes they'll est them in the soil, and Bacillus thuringiensis bacteria will also wipe them out if you can find that stuff 1noart Hydrogen peroxide 4 parts water next wine they need a drunk should know a bunch out for you but don't over use the h2o2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Two words: BENEFICIAL NEMATODES.

But you'll have to give up the neem oil. In 2 weeks time, gnats will be rare. You can also put some in houseplants, if you have any. They murder gnat larvae, Alien-style, bursting out of the host to infect more larvae.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don't use any toxins to get rid of them. I scrape the top inch of soil from around the edges ( where they live) and let the soil dry. Have fans blowing directly over the top of the pots. Do let them fly around the fans will prevent that. Add more soil to the top once you see they're eliminated...works for me.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Oh I almost forgot the other 2 great ways are beneficial Nematodes they'll est them in the soil, and Bacillus thuringiensis bacteria will also wipe them out if you can find that stuff 1noart Hydrogen peroxide 4 parts water next wine they need a drunk should know a bunch out for you but don't over use the h2o2

Posted @3:00am, no wonder that’s is hard to read. Lol Party on...

zcamaroz

zcamaroz

I just put mosquito bits on and gave my girls a much needed drink. Put bowls of wine out too! Those lil b**ches walking around my on the soil . I did put sand on top layer to try and help. Its insane got fans blasting on my pots plant are im sure thinking they are in a tornado. I cant wait to see if getting results.

RookieBC

RookieBC

Lol I don't drink or do drugs I just suck at typijg and proofreadin g especially when I'm up late and having trouble sleeping. I haven't even smoke chronic in like 7 years besides one or 2 puffs that's why most the stuff I have going is CBD dominant or like a 1:1 ratio CBD:THC give me mad anxiety.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I use this on top of the soil and around the pot every day. They can't stand it, nothing can. Found at home depot. Does have a strong peppermint smell though
IMG 20210518 184647518 HDR

zcamaroz

zcamaroz

I am happy to report the number of gnats are going down after the bits. I think im on track with them. Thank god!

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I love me sum nematodes! Cheap insurance. I put in a batch when I’m aging my ffof before planting and again a week before flowering. Plus sticky traps!

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

So here’s my strategy.
perlite on the top soil. A good 1-2 inches.
then sticky traps on top of the perlite sticky facing up flat on it.
then add some at the top of my tent hanging down from rods.
then I would get beneficial nematodes. And use that once a week until they are gone. Then if all three of those don’t work then next step is nuke em by flying skull and doing a medium drench with it as well as a foliage spray coving the tops and bottoms of every leaf (10 minutes before lights out only.)

Frego

Frego

I use this on top of the soil and around the pot every day. They can't stand it, nothing can. Found at home depot. Does have a strong peppermint smell thoughView attachment 1125977
Does this work I’m uk
I’ve got some house plant bio bug killer
Do people use these or are they more natural remedies
Do these sprays work? And people don’t like them because they are not organic

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Does this work I’m uk
I’ve got some house plant bio bug killer
Do people use these or are they more natural remedies
Do these sprays work? And people don’t like them because they are not organic
It works and is pet and people safe and most likely organic

Kizza81

Kizza81

Fine sand layer kills em fast

Top Bottom