Filters to cover grow tent vents and cover light leaks?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys I know there’s a screen over the vents for the Grow tents but what about light leaks? What material or filters do you guys use on your grow tent vents? Do you use some sort of shroud to goes over the vent? These are the few things I need to know. I’m about to start the dry process and want to make sure the air coming in is clean and free of dust. This got me thinking about how I would grow in a tent since these cause light leaks. I’m currently growing in a closet build so I don’t grow in tents yet but will be starting one soon. Any input would be appreciated… heres a pic of ghost train haze and outdoor amnesia haze for the hell of it lol. Happy farming!
Filters to cover grow tent vents and cover light leaks
Filters to cover grow tent vents and cover light leaks 2

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would just rig a shop vac pre filter to a bit bigger then that screen and figure out a way to keep it on. Metal tape or something. And for light leaks I would just keep the light off outside the tent when light off. Maybe change timer for light out at night.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I would just rig a shop vac pre filter to a bit bigger then that screen and figure out a way to keep it on. Metal tape or something. And for light leaks I would just keep the light off outside the tent when light off. Maybe change timer for light out at night.
Ya i wanna have it face a wall or something I just wondered what all you tent growers do. I will try to make sure the lights stay off but it a basement sometimes we do laundry or the sun comes thru the little windows I just wanna take extra precautions to ensure I don’t have light stressing my plants. I’ll look into the filter you described and I guess other types of filters that would work as well.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanx for the idea I think I found exactly what I was looking for. It’s black and will help keep it dark and filter the new air coming in… 🙏🙌🙏
2135D495 7C40 436B BC41 6B393089080A

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

So I have the vents open on mine and I bought some cut to size black charcoal air filters off Amazon and put it over the vents.

Top Bottom