Final push before harvest... weather question

• Thread starter pnw_home_grown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pnw_home_grown

pnw_home_grown

Hi all,

I live in Oregon... about 30 min north of Portland. I have 2 Indica strains (Dosido 55 and Blueberry) growing outdoors. We just had 2 record low overnights in the 20s and 30s. I brought the girls into the garage to spare them the freezing temps. I called our local grow store to ask about flushing and harvesting. He seemed surprised that I hadn't harvested yet. I've been watching for mold and have cut a few buds out and one stem affected by mold spores. Otherwise, it all looks great! The problem is the Dosido looks beautiful, purple and has quite a few trichomes in which "some" have turned from clear to milky/golden but I still feel they can go for another week. The blueberry, on the other hand, has beautiful buds but it still has so many white hairs. I flushed the Dosidos a week ago and after my talk with the guy at the grow store yesterday, I started to flush the Blueberry.

This week we're supposed to have highs in the high 50s and low 60s with lows in the 40s. The guy at the grow store told me the plant tends to shut down when the temps are in the 40s. Do you think I can still squeeze another week out of them as long as I keep a close eye and continue to watch for mold? I'd really like to let that blueberry go further and allow the flush to take hold.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Noob in Oregon.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

If it had mold on it I would go ahead and chop it. Mold could be growing inside it.

Lifesong

Lifesong

Amazing grey mold hasn't taken them, though I still have the bottoms of two sativa dom. plants growing. Just because.. cut mold out daily, carry on. If the colas are large you need to cut a few and inspect for mold. A small piece spreads quickly. Don't worry about the cold, most likely they can take it, plus it quickens the purple colors.

Top Bottom