Finally made a bit of hashish

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Well I finally got all the supplies together and made a bit of hash from some of the flower that had seeds in them at one time. It was my first time around with this process and I used the dry ice method. I chose the 160 micron bag and was going to use bigger holes, but this one worked just fine, I did three runs with the product, and got some decent results. I didn't weigh the product, before or after, so I don't know what the yeild ratio or anything, but was surprised by how much I got back, I'll take what remains and maybe do an additional coconut oil extraction for any residual THC in the flowers, and make edibles/topicals.

The video's aren't the best quality, but you get the idea. Linda's got bad shaking, so you'll have to excuse that part, she tried. Feel free to leave some suggestions, comments, feedback. Overall, this was a fun project, and the product is very tasty. 4 different strains.

File 00012
IMG 20210212 165032296   Copy
IMG 20210212 165121347   Copy
IMG 20210212 1659279461   Copy
IMG 20210212 165804961   Copy
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
good job!
looks fluffy and powder like, a sign still lots of contaminate, pure would probably be about 1/4 of that amount or less..
i make hash if you need any info.. though i use the dry sifting method..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

good job!
looks fluffy and powder like, a sign still lots of contaminate, pure would probably be about 1/4 of that amount or less..

interesting...i was goin on by color alone.

Moshmen

Moshmen

good job!
I’m curious if your technique? How would you remove the contamination/ plant material

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I’m curious if your technique? How would you remove the contamination/ plant material
A finer micron screen and/or less sifting and/or gentler than you normally do of the same material, I'm only new to it myself but found that the really fine stuff requires patience.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You just pushin ground flower over a table or screen ? Already been thru a bubble bag? Or screen?
yes i’m sorry i should be more informative.
that was the resin i was cleaning over a
You just pushin ground flower over a table or screen ? Already been thru a bubble bag? Or screen?
im sorry i should be more informative, i was cleaning it over a 74 micron screen.
i have 2 screens..
in video

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if you dry and cure the buds/resin for at least 4 months, but much longer is preferred, you will notice when breaking up buds with your hands you’ll see your hands will not be very sticky or black at all, as the skin of the resin has matured, as compared to freshly trimmed buds your hands would be black. the longer it cures the easier it is too press into hash and will taste like old school real hashish.,
so the secret to great real hash is a long and proper cure and it being clean, mostly heads..
that way you can literally press it in your hand and it’ll easily form into a ball of hash, usually the problems people have are it not being dried/cured long enough, being “dirty”, and still contains too much moisture..
if done right it’ll be easy to do..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The first time I made hash, I was kicking myself that I hadn't started making it years before!
i’ve smoking hash for 36 years, i don’t smoke weed..
my favourite hash, not the highest i’ve been but my god the taste blew my mind! was
super red lebanese, soft sticky red hash, had to be late 80’s, i actually still have a small piece in my collection..
though the highest i’ve been with smoking the least amount, was like 6 bottle tokes of jamaican gum the very first time we got it, as after that every shipment was lower quality, it was never the same. but fuck possibly one of the times i was at my highest stone.

Top Bottom