chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
got on the bus this historical night...
1st eyes of the world.
1st Row Jimi..
1st bight of the wall of sound..
Maples pavilion Stanford Univ.
the basketball floor was spring loaded and the place was jumping, going round and round....
They blew the tweeters out of the wall that night...

Srenots

Srenots

got on the bus this historical night...
1st eyes of the world.
1st Row Jimi..
1st bight of the wall of sound..
Maples pavilion Stanford Univ.
the basketball floor was spring loaded and the place was jumping, going round and round....
They blew the tweeters out of the wall that night...
lol nice...seen em a bunch as well , wed nites is Dead Air on the radio....still kickin hell ya

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
https://archive.org/details/gd73-02-09.sbd.allred.9888.sbeok.shnf/gd1973-02-09d1t12.shn
Way awesome show..
One of my faves #8, looks like rain.
Never forget the show, Spartan stadium San jose CA. it actually stated to rain...

More....
A good review..
Opening show to greet the stellar year of 1973!
This one is truly unique. The first show played in 1973 is overly generous in its offerings. Not only an extremely well played show, but it was this night that the band introduced the country to the proto 'Wall of Sound'. While the sound clearly still had kinks to be ironed out, it does not steal from the accomplished and energetic music the boys laid down. What's more, many debuts were introduced: HERE COMES SUNSHINE, ROW JIMMY, LOOSE LUCY, WAVE THAT FLAG, CHINA DOLL, THEY LOVE EACH OTHER, and of course the epic EYES OF THE WORLD.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Never got to see Jimi, but I did see Roy a few times.
One night, Keystone Palo Alto Ca. stood 3 feet right in front of Roy, could not believe my eyes..
He knew I was digging it we had eye to eye contact...
Regarded as the greatest unknown guitar player..
Sadly Roy was found dead in a jail cell, guards beat him to death and it was ruled a suicide.

Top Bottom