finishing flower with the spiderfarmer sf4000 gdp grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i want to start bringing my temps down to bring out the colors in the gdp but when should i start doing that ? right now i am around 72-79 lights on and 65 to 72 lights off

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

What alice saw on the other side of that door. And one of these days im gonna fill this fcking tent
20211025 001111

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i want to start bringing my temps down to bring out the colors in the gdp but when should i start doing that ? right now i am around 72-79 lights on and 65 to 72 lights off
Keep day 70-73ish and night drop to 60-65. Last week 70 highest day and 60 night. Should be popping the colors if the genetics are there.

Also goes along way to preservation of terps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the change in light cycle back to 18hrs. I contemplated it and did some research.

Don't do it even if you don't see reveg. The plants shift to vegetative growth and thus leads to a complete stall, stunting and production of terpenes, cannabinoids etc. from almost everything I have found on it.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Keep day 70-73ish and night drop to 60-65. Last week 70 highest day and 60 night. Should be popping the colors if the genetics are there.

ok thank you i was wondering if anyone was ever gonna answer that

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i thought i added this on the very first post here but i guess i didnt it's a little late but here is my other thread

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im about to be in week 6 will these buds/cola's keep getting longer for another week or 2 ? isn't the last 2 weeks when they get bigger and put on the weight ?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

im about to be in week 6 will these buds/cola's keep getting longer for another week or 2 ? isn't the last 2 weeks when they get bigger and put on the weight ?
Yeah you need to start increasing your bloom feed right now this is when they usually really start packing. As long as you are not seeing any brown on the tips then you should slowly increase the concentration of your bloom blend. Its hard for me to tell from that last pic but Im pretty sure they can handle a bit more. Remember not all strains finish right at that 8 weeks they can go 9 weeks. Some sativa strains (probably not yours) can even go over well over 10 weeks.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yeah you need to start increasing your bloom feed right now this is when they usually really start packing. As long as you are not seeing any brown on the tips then you should slowly increase the concentration of your bloom blend. Its hard for me to tell from that last pic but Im pretty sure they can handle a bit more. Remember not all strains finish right at that 8 weeks they can go 9 weeks. Some sativa strains (probably not yours) can even go over well over 10 weeks.
well i can wait it out as long as i need to i still got some smoke lol i still do not see these producing as much as the autos with my newbie eyes just looking just doesnt seem like it is as much lol right now there about as big around as a banana

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

well i can wait it out as long as i need to i still got some smoke lol i still do not see these producing as much as the autos with my newbie eyes just looking just doesnt seem like it is as much lol right now there about as big around as a banana
Its about the weight. I can't tell you exactly how its gonna come out because every grower is different with temps, lights, nutes, ect... But what I can tell you is that when I grew that GDP it made REALLY dense flowers. At least the mom did it was the best pheno and thats why I saved the seeds from that one. Thats why I sent it to you. I wish I took pictures of the finished trimmed flower so you could understand what Im talking about no offense to the Autos you finished but this GDP cut blew that stuff out of the water. I saw the pics of your finished auto it was good super frosty but more fluffy. The GDP came out way different more like clinic herb it was rock hard buds. The flowers weren't giant maybe a little bigger around than a quarter. But when you filled up an 1/8th in a ziplock it was tripping people out, it looked like I was shorting people. The small dense flowers weighed so much that the baggie looked more empty even though the weights were dead on. Remember its all about the weight.

Now of course just because the mom was awesome doesn't mean all the offspring will be exactly like her, there probably will be some pretty descent phenotype variation. This is why its so important to learn how to take cuts, one of those females could be the one Im talking about and then if you saved it you can use that best cut on your whole run next time. I know you are short on space but all you need is a little clone dome. Also maybe a cheap and inexpensive tiny T5 or florescence bulb. Clones barely need any light as a matter of fact strong lights kill them. You don't even need a separate tent for this at my old house I just put the clone dome in the corner of my closet and hung a cheap light above them from a piece of rope. Add a cheap digital timer and your done. I just kept my closet door closed so it didn't keep me awake at night, I wedged the whole rig right next to my sweatshirts and jackets I just shoved that shit to the side and made the space. Remember clones don't smell at all and they are very tiny. They also don't need perfect darkness like flowering plants a cabinet or closet is fine you can stash them anywhere.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Its about the weight. I can't tell you exactly how its gonna come out because every grower is different with temps, lights, nutes, ect... But what I can tell you is that when I grew that GDP it made REALLY dense flowers. At least the mom did it was the best pheno and thats why I saved the seeds from that one. Thats why I sent it to you. I wish I took pictures of the finished trimmed flower so you could understand what Im talking about no offense to the Autos you finished but this GDP cut blew that stuff out of the water. I saw the pics of your finished auto it was good super frosty but more fluffy. The GDP came out way different more like clinic herb it was rock hard buds. The flowers weren't giant maybe a little bigger around than a quarter. But when you filled up an 1/8th in a ziplock it was tripping people out, it looked like I was shorting people. The small dense flowers weighed so much that the baggie looked more empty even though the weights were dead on. Remember its all about the weight.

Now of course just because the mom was awesome doesn't mean all the offspring will be exactly like her, there probably will be some pretty descent phenotype variation. This is why its so important to learn how to take cuts, one of those females could be the one Im talking about and then if you saved it you can use that best cut on your whole run next time. I know you are short on space but all you need is a little clone dome. Also maybe a cheap and inexpensive tiny T5 or florescence bulb. Clones barely need any light as a matter of fact strong lights kill them. You don't even need a separate tent for this at my old house I just put the clone dome in the corner of my closet and hung a cheap light above them from a piece of rope. Add a cheap digital timer and your done. I just kept my closet door closed so it didn't keep me awake at night, I wedged the whole rig right next to my sweatshirts and jackets I just shoved that shit to the side and made the space. Remember clones don't smell at all and they are very tiny. They also don't need perfect darkness like flowering plants a cabinet or closet is fine you can stash them anywhere.
well don't forget I'm new at growing , i can tell by looking at them that they are gonna be dense i was not complaining at all about it i hope you did not take it that way . i do understand a little about the phenos and genetics like out of 5 of the gdp 2 are short and stocky and 3 are taller the gdp you liked so much is probably
15 inches tall nothing but colas with no spacing and they already feel dense
i know the plants them self are not gonna get taller but i was just curious if the colas them self will continue to grow until its time for them to fatten up like a hog lol

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

well don't forget I'm new at growing , i can tell by looking at them that they are gonna be dense i was not complaining at all about it i hope you did not take it that way . i do understand a little about the phenos and genetics like out of 5 of the gdp 2 are short and stocky and 3 are taller the gdp you liked so much is probably
15 inches tall nothing but colas with no spacing and they already feel dense
i know the plants them self are not gonna get taller but i was just curious if the colas them self will continue to grow until its time for them to fatten up like a hog lol
Sorry perhaps my reply came out a little awkward in no way did I think you were complaining. Everything is all good. The colas are definitely gonna get bigger. They will fatten up and probably get a little longer also. When I made that comment about your last Auto grow it may have come off harsh. What I meant by it is that having seen your last Auto grow and also knowing how this GDP can perform, Im quite confident that once completed you will be pleasantly surprised in both quality and yield. 👍

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Sorry perhaps my reply came out a little awkward in no way did I think you were complaining. Everything is all good. The colas are definitely gonna get bigger. They will fatten up and probably get a little longer also. When I made that comment about your last Auto grow it may have come off harsh. What I meant by it is that having seen your last Auto grow and also knowing how this GDP can perform, Im quite confident that once completed you will be pleasantly surprised in both quality and yield. 👍
its good i just didnt want you to think i was complaining

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

last week 5 update i watered the 2 Acapulco gold the first 2 pics are of the gold the last 5 pics are gdp 1 cola from each plant
20211026 215927
20211026 214323
20211026 214440
20211026 213604
20211026 213808
20211026 213920
20211026 214025
20211026 214128

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That last GDP pic although the flowers are not as developed as the others it looks to be the frostiest. Its slower to flower but frostier. The trichomes are even on the fan leafs all the way to the end look... 😎 🔥
Screen Shot 2021 10 26 at 72647 PM

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

On the change in light cycle back to 18hrs. I contemplated it and did some research.

Don't do it even if you don't see reveg. The plants shift to vegetative growth and thus leads to a complete stall, stunting and production of terpenes, cannabinoids etc. from almost everything I have found on it.

The point behind 18/6 at end of flower is to increase bud size quality and help finish or ripen them faster. You will get bigger fatter denser buds, and if you have a plant or strain taking its time or doesn't want to finish this will speed that up.

This method is not done to increase terps, resin, smell or flavor. and I will completely disagree that it stalls stunts or has any negative effect on terps , cannabinoids or anything else. and I say that from practical experience. So regardless if you run 12/12 to the very end or run 18/6 for the last 7-10 days the terps and everything else will be the same. no positive or negative effect from one cycle to the other.

At this point in the plants life the 2 most important factor around terps, resin smell flavor etc is dark and cold. We all know terp content is at its highest right before photosynthesis, , the cold will retain the terps, and really drive resin content, more flavor and smell. So by putting the 2 together, adding the cold to the dark cycle in the last 2 weeks and doing a 12 or 24 hour dark cycle at the end you can greatly enhance terps resin etc.

Now in all our testing this holds true for either cycle whether its 12/12 or 18/6 last 7 to10 days. The enhanced terps , resin , smell flavor is equally the same under each method. However under the 18/6 you will get the added benefit of bigger fatter denser buds.

I never really test the 18/6 method on auto's though.

While were talking 18/6 let me point out that it is not just for bud growth at the end of cycle but for seed production as well, Once your plants have been pollinated and you seen the change in buds, about a week or so after pollination, you flip the lights back to 18/6 for the rest of the grow, it produces bigger , harder nicer seeds, that are more vigorous and much higher germination rates and its a about a week or 2 faster process. I'll also bet that probably everyone here has popped seeds grown using this method from their favourite breeder. as its not a new method either.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

will keeping the temps that low stop the plant from growing ?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

will keeping the temps that low stop the plant from growing ?
My answer to that is no, not what so ever, Cannabis, some strains more then others can handle a lot of cold, in fact cannabis is grown in winter in some place, milder winter but still cold. one key is you have to keep the roots at least 16 c or warmer, above ground the temps need to be above the frost temperature.. Not saying its optimal grow or growing conditions but I think most people would be surprised how cold you can grow cannabis in. When I say about cold temps in the last 2 weeks, I mean cold like in the 30's-40's.

remember though, nothing anyone says on here is really absolute. everyone grows different, feeds different, lighting , environment etc its all different. plus the differences in strains. So everything someone says or suggests is going to have different effects or limits depending on the limitations in everyone's grow style and room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom