finishing flower with the spiderfarmer sf4000 gdp grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Left

Left

This is madness. I have never heard of this before it sounds like a cool trick. The only concern I would have is potential re-veg but if you stopped it quick enough I guess it could be avoided. I actually do the exact opposite when I harvest. Sometimes on the last day or 2 before harvest I will unplug the light and go full lights out. total darkness before the chop.
Was thinking of lights out but has any one doe a side by side test to see if there is any difference in thc and cnd cbn content

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so if my grand daddy purple is gonna turn purple at what week would that start to happen

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

so if my grand daddy purple is gonna turn purple at what week would that start to happen
well you should see the purple traits starting to show themselves now. If this was an outdoor grow Im sure it would be more predominate you need strong temperature fluctuations the chilly nights and hot days really get them going. Indoors in a tent they don't temperature flux quite as much.

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

temps and rh right before lights on rh is high because it is raining here i have a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in im doing what i can
20211029 175449

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

temps and rh right before lights on rh is high because it is raining here i have a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in im doing what i can
View attachment 1183271
Yeah that is actually a very nice night temp very mild and healthy for the plant however likely not low enough to bring strong colors out. Don't worry you can do the ice trick a bit later. Its too early for that. Right now I would just focus on giving them healthy doses of bloom feed this is the time they are gonna start to pack on weight. For your flush week you can use ice instead of water. You put a big pile of ice in each pot before lights out. It chills the roots hopefully we will see a color change response. Purple is really cool but it is kind of novelty it doesn't make the weed any better. It is beautiful. However IMO the strongest strains are never purple. This isn't badmouthing GDP its amazing I love and appreciate all forms of cannabis Im just saying that I looked up the research and the highest THC strains are rarely purple.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yeah that is actually a very nice night temp very mild and healthy for the plant however likely not low enough to bring strong colors out. Don't worry you can do the ice trick a bit later. Its too early for that. Right now I would just focus on giving them healthy doses of bloom feed this is the time they are gonna start to pack on weight. For your flush week you can use ice instead of water. You put a big pile of ice in each pot before lights out. It chills the roots hopefully we will see a color change response. Purple is really cool but it is kind of novelty it doesn't make the weed any better. It is beautiful. However IMO the strongest strains are never purple. This isn't badmouthing GDP its amazing I love and appreciate all forms of cannabis Im just saying that I looked up the research and the highest THC strains are rarely purple.
when i first started smoking one thing i was told is name is just a name if its good pot it's good you call anything any name .i always smoked regular and mid grade weed always heard about Acapulco gold and and weeds that's purple i think it would be cool for me to see once in my life lol i did take some pics and im probably wrong but it does look like there's a darker color under the trichs

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

just some pics i just took of 1 plant to me it looks like it might be changing color does not look like my camera is picking it up like my eyes lol
20211029 194752
20211029 194820

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

They are all looking beautiful! 😍 Your right on track I think the SpiderFarmer light bumped up your intensity the plants are responding well. They definitely are fattening up since the last post this is the time that they pack on the most weight. Its go time! I love it man cant wait to see the next post 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
On the change in light cycle back to 18hrs. I contemplated it and did some research.

Don't do it even if you don't see reveg. The plants shift to vegetative growth and thus leads to a complete stall, stunting and production of terpenes, cannabinoids etc. from almost everything I have found on it.
Yes but it takes more than just a week to revert back and with a lower intensity on the longer hours for 7 days it won't be in veg before harvest???? I'm not the grower you are but it came to me from a reliable source and smoked some of his stuff....If I can get close to that I'll be happy....at times my sht is still homegrown.....getting better but still I end up smoking some nasty weed lol.....Too old to give a shit....should be an acronym there . lol...its.late....T.O.T.G.A.S.......

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
when i first started smoking one thing i was told is name is just a name if its good pot it's good you call anything any name .i always smoked regular and mid grade weed always heard about Acapulco gold and and weeds that's purple i think it would be cool for me to see once in my life lol i did take some pics and im probably wrong but it does look like there's a darker color under the trichs
Hey, this is a Gorilla that showed good colour

100 5375
Thumbnail Fri Apr 30 21 18 53
Thumbnail Sat May 01 20 00 43
100 5407
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

i had 3 to water but only 2 needed it , the other one that i didn't water is going on 3 or 4 days of no water/feeding also the color purple is coming in more
Yeah good job you let the plant tell you if it needs water. If the soil is still wet from the last watering just let it be 👍

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

loving the spider farmer sf4000
so i watered the last one tonight amazing how much they can use overnight
pics are of the plant i watered tonight first 2 pics are same cola one with flash one without
buds are getting bigger some the size of a banana about as long as an 8 oc coke can

20211101 193824
20211101 193831
20211101 193856
20211101 194539
Top Bottom