finishing flower with the spiderfarmer sf4000 gdp grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

last night of week 8 of flower 2 harvested 1 gold 1 grandaddy im not sure but 1 more week maybe 2 at the most and i can harvest the rest
20211116 203655
20211116 203707
20211116 203716
20211116 203726
20211116 210536
20211116 210547
20211116 210603
20211116 211553
20211116 211607

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

will rh in the dry tent be a little on high on the first night ?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hell yeah looking bomb bro! Nice and frosty. How is the smell on those GDPs? Are you noticing any differences in terpenes and smell between the different phenos?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

will rh in the dry tent be a little on high on the first night ?
Oh yeah dehumidifiers are on full speed in the beginning it will be extra humid in there make sure your unit is running strong and also put a little fan in there on the lowest setting. Don't point it on the plants point it away from them jut enough to circulate the air in the dark cool tent.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Hell yeah looking bomb bro! Nice and frosty. How is the smell on those GDPs? Are you noticing any differences in terpenes and smell between the different phenos?
im not sure i can smell them when i open up the tent i good whiff of an peppery earthy smell but when i try to smell each plant i cant smell it lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Oh yeah dehumidifiers are on full speed in the beginning it will be extra humid in there make sure your unit is running strong and also put a little fan in there on the lowest setting. Don't point it on the plants point it away from them jut enough to circulate the air in the dark cool tent.
i got a fan at the bottom faced down in the tent but my dehumidifier is in the room the tent is in and the room rh is around 50 to 55 right now

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

like last time i have a 4 inch duct run from the 2x4 dry tent run into the 4x4 tent with the 6 inch fan and filter

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Do you guys think my shit gonna be ok with the rh doung ehat it is doing

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah thats not too bad. Its slightly outside of the 60/60 rule but its still close enough to where you should be OK. Just don't hang your plants too close to each other, make sure that none of the flowers are touching or pressed against each other.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Oh yeah and check them daily. That is important too. Get in there with a flash light every day and give them a good thorough check to make sure no mold is starting anywhere.

growsince79

growsince79

Why the flashlight? I don't think tunning on a light to see will ruin your buds will it? Just wondering, I see alot of people are worried about a little light.
Oh yeah and check them daily. That is important too. Get in there with a flash light every day and give them a good thorough check to make sure no mold is starting anywhere.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Why the flashlight? I don't think tunning on a light to see will ruin your buds will it? Just wondering, I see alot of people are worried about a little light.
Well if your drying tent is the same tent as your grow tent and the light is still hooked up... sure. In that case you can just turn the main light on, as long as its for a short period of time it's fine. Longer periods of light exposure is definitely bad for harvested flower. However he still has plants running in the main tent so I think he is drying in a separate tent.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i think the gold will disappoint me i just checked on it and those buds felt soft like cotton

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yeah thats not too bad. Its slightly outside of the 60/60 rule but its still close enough to where you should be OK. Just don't hang your plants too close to each other, make sure that none of the flowers are touching or pressed against each other.
i think u told me once u did not use a humidifier dehumidifier or a/c so not being smart how do u keep it 60/60 exactly

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i might try and do some type of wet trim on the others but i want to hang the whole plant so i will try and trim while the plant is still in the pot

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well if your drying tent is the same tent as your grow tent and the light is still hooked up... sure. In that case you can just turn the main light on, as long as its for a short period of time it's fine. Longer periods of light exposure is definitely bad for harvested flower. However he still has plants running in the main tent so I think he is drying in a separate tent.

Just to play devils advocate here,.. I'm not convinced of that. Back in the day when I ran a massive show and had a lot of weed drying on racks in the empty flower room, my partner would turn on an HPS lamp or 2 for heat to keep the temperature up a little, since the room got really cold without the equipment running. Light was a few meters away and not blasting them with 40K lux or anything, but the drying bud was.. illuminated. Put it that way
I was skeptical, and being obsessed with quality I wasn't cool with the idea at first, but we tried it and saw ZERO difference compared to the same product dried in the warmer months in total darkness. Nevertheless we eventually installed a baseboard for subsequent runs, but more to save power than anything. HPS isn't the most efficient heater.
Now, UV can damage the crop after harvest for sure. You don't want to dry it in the sun or directly under MH lamps or anything. But an incandescent light bulb will do diddly fuck all. Even if you leave it on 24/7.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

i think u told me once u did not use a humidifier dehumidifier or a/c so not being smart how do u keep it 60/60 exactly
I have a humidifier/dehumidifier however I dont have an A/C. That is what I am missing. In the winter my garage is nice and chilly so I dont really need the AC. However in the summer my garage is too hot to dry in. I move the product in my second bedroom and I run the AC inside with the humidifier/dehumidifier in the room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom