First Build

• Thread starter MrDO74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrDO74

MrDO74

I'm in the planning stages of my first grow room.
I have some experience growing in a tent. But the limitations of the tent become obvious quickly .
First I'll list what i have.
Second will be what I think will be the best layout and type of grow i.e. Hydro,Super soil and so on.
Ok let's get started. The room is 7feet deep by 19feet wide and 8feet tall.
It has no windows and one door. I ran a 6inch duct in the walls up 30feet out the roof for venting the tent. Also was able to access garage though the wall. To remove ballasts from the room.
Now the equipment
Two 1000 watt HPS.
Two 600 watt HPS.
One 430 watt HPS.
all magnetic ballast.
Titan light controller 240V. Two 24 inch led shop lights
Two 8 inch Hurricane inline fans
One 6 inch Hurricane inline fan
One 6 inch can fan
One phat filter with 8inch flange
One can filter with 8 inch flange
Two little filters with 6 inch flanges
One 24000 btu Mini Split
One 70 pint dehumidifier
Autopilot co2 monitor and 20 pound tank.
High temp shutoff.
40 gallon reservoir
Blue lab PH pen
Blue lab trudgen for EC
General hydroponics
ph up and ph down
A few water and air pumps I can't remember what sizes or make.
House and Garden fertilizer
A&B, root excel,big bud.
Plant success
Grate White, Orca
I think that's everything.
Most of my experience is in coco so I would like to stay with that. But I'm open to suggestions .
Was thinking of diving the room in to two rooms. The flower room will be 7X12 and the veg. room will be7X7 with a 4X4 tent in a different room for drying and cleaning finished product.
The flower room will have two vertical 1000 watt HPS bare bulbs 60 inch on centers With a 8 inch fan and filter under each. Coco in 3 gallon fabric pots set up for DTW.
Veg. room will run a 600 Hps vertical. A section for clones and moms with the led and the 430. Everything in the veg room will be hand watered.
The genetics I'm working with are an old Afghan I was gifted. WI-FI,
Mango Haze, Med Man, Master Kush, Mazar,
Rollex og, WI-FI x Mazar, Kali Mist x Afghan,
Beyond the brain x California wild fire, A few others I'll have to dig deep in to the cachet and find out what's in there.
My questions are. Is this the best use of the space?
Do I have enough light in flower? What do I need to get/upgrade?
Once I get everything sorted. I'll start a new thread for the build
Thanks for all the replies.

MrDO74

MrDO74

IMG 0755

MrDO74

MrDO74

I was thinking something like this. Sorry about the cad drawing. It's the first time using it. If anyone knows of a good free cad program for iPhone and some tips how to use it . I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

G gnome

G gnome

I'm in the planning stages of my first grow room.
I have some experience growing in a tent. But the limitations of the tent become obvious quickly .
First I'll list what i have.
Second will be what I think will be the best layout and type of grow i.e. Hydro,Super soil and so on.
Ok let's get started. The room is 7feet deep by 19feet wide and 8feet tall.
It has no windows and one door. I ran a 6inch duct in the walls up 30feet out the roof for venting the tent. Also was able to access garage though the wall. To remove ballasts from the room.
Now the equipment
Two 1000 watt HPS.
Two 600 watt HPS.
One 430 watt HPS.
all magnetic ballast.
Titan light controller 240V. Two 24 inch led shop lights
Two 8 inch Hurricane inline fans
One 6 inch Hurricane inline fan
One 6 inch can fan
One phat filter with 8inch flange
One can filter with 8 inch flange
Two little filters with 6 inch flanges
One 24000 btu Mini Split
One 70 pint dehumidifier
Autopilot co2 monitor and 20 pound tank.
High temp shutoff.
40 gallon reservoir
Blue lab PH pen
Blue lab trudgen for EC
General hydroponics
ph up and ph down
A few water and air pumps I can't remember what sizes or make.
House and Garden fertilizer
A&B, root excel,big bud.
Plant success
Grate White, Orca
I think that's everything.
Most of my experience is in coco so I would like to stay with that. But I'm open to suggestions .
Was thinking of diving the room in to two rooms. The flower room will be 7X12 and the veg. room will be7X7 with a 4X4 tent in a different room for drying and cleaning finished product.
The flower room will have two vertical 1000 watt HPS bare bulbs 60 inch on centers With a 8 inch fan and filter under each. Coco in 3 gallon fabric pots set up for DTW.
Veg. room will run a 600 Hps vertical. A section for clones and moms with the led and the 430. Everything in the veg room will be hand watered.
The genetics I'm working with are an old Afghan I was gifted. WI-FI,
Mango Haze, Med Man, Master Kush, Mazar,
Rollex og, WI-FI x Mazar, Kali Mist x Afghan,
Beyond the brain x California wild fire, A few others I'll have to dig deep in to the cachet and find out what's in there.
My questions are. Is this the best use of the space?
Do I have enough light in flower? What do I need to get/upgrade?
Once I get everything sorted. I'll start a new thread for the build
Thanks for all the replies.
U dont haveta start a new thread for the build. This one will do just fine

MrDO74

MrDO74

Cool. Thanks for the heads up
G gnome. This is the first time I ever posted on a forum. So I will apologize in advance and thank you to who ever helps me along.

MrDO74

MrDO74

Do to the overwhelming response. I think we are going with the original plain. Lol! Tomorrow will start the building.
Stay tuned for pics and progress updates .

MrDO74

MrDO74

Sorry for the delay. It was a bunch of the same stuff everyone tells you. You know work, school, life. All that stuff out of the way (till tomorrow and I'll get all new, it's the end of the world problems)
Clean out of the room is just about done. Just a few things to move out. The electric is almost done. 240v line and 110v line are ran for the titan light controller. Need to connect it to the main box. Also I need to run lines for mini split . I'll get pic's and post em next time Thanks

MrDO74

MrDO74

Still trying to get it all together. I'll have up to date pic and report by Wednesday. A few things I'm working with.

IMG 1211
IMG 1244
IMG 1254
MrDO74

MrDO74

What is going on farmers? It's been busy around here. I wish it was just the new room that has me on the go. But as I get older the more stuff I have to do. I remember when I was a kid. Adults saying they get 3-4 hours of sleep.I thought to my self anything less than 12 hours is just a nap. Look at me now 4 hours of sleep seems like a treat. Right now it's 3- 3:30 am I still have a few things to clean up here and drive home shower in bed by 4 and up at ten of 6. So if I ever go on a rant or wright some crazy stuff like when I was in the Korean war I meet this beautiful cow in the rice field. Just let me know I need some sleep. I apologize and say thank you in advance.(oh I'm not old enough to be in the Korean War. I wasn't even born for the Vietnam war. But I have seen a beautiful cow.) lol!
Ok back to the room. Here's a pic of the light control and hps hanging on the wall
IMG 1321

Anyone running the titan light controller? This warning came with it
IMG 1319

I didn't know about it till I got to the shop. Any info or advice will be appreciated. For now I'm going to tighten everything up every 30 days until I hear about a better plan. I also got a pic of the high temp shut off. Unfortunately with the hps on I can't even see what's in the pic and I took it. I'll get a better pic next time. Here is a good one of the RO filters
IMG 1323

Also because this is a short term spot. I decided to wrap the. Room in panda paper. First I sealed as much as I can with silicon and spray foam . Now all I have is three walls to put up and in stall a mini split. Lucky for me I have no experience in hvac so if I don't post for a few weeks start praying for me. Because I did something wrong and got f-up. I shouldn't think that way. I didn't know how to install a 240 v line till today. I didn't know how to produce all female seeds till the farm shared the knowledge. Damn come to think about I have learned so much from growing, I think it should be part of all schools curriculum . Lol Thanks to everyone who ever helped me or helped any person. You make the world better.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

There's a guy on here that does have for a liveing you should ask him about it .

Top Bottom