First DWC Grow - Any tips?

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
workngrow

workngrow

Just chopped her down yesterday. Had an extremely experimental grow. I never changed her water once in the 14 weeks I had her in the bucket. I used hydroguard every week. She is a hardy plant for sure. She seemed fine with it all until the last week but that’s because I stopped giving her any food two weeks ago and always underfed her when I did feed her because I figured it would build up inside the bucket. Excited to see what her dry weight is. View attachment 1137289View attachment 1137288

Thats a lot of nuggets on just 1 plant. Looks like things went fairly well for you.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

From sprout to netpot can be tricky. The best way I know of is to wait till your cube has roots growing out of it then put 1 singe layer of hydroton in the bottom of your netpot, put your cube on that and you're good. Keep the water from 1/2 to 1 inch away from the bottom of your netpot and Bob is your uncle 👍

The goal is to not saturate the rockwool, but let the bubbles pop, wetting the hydroton. Causing the roots to go seek the water.
I concur, just make sure your water levels are below the basket and the airstone inside will pop bubbles up to make things just right to avoid rotting of the trunk or main root system.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'd like to hear the steps on how you didn't change the res water. This sounds more my speed for dwc

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I'd like to hear the steps on how you didn't change the res water. This sounds more my speed for dwc
There are no steps…I just didn’t :) I always made sure to add cold water to the res every third day or so, and every week I added hydroguard. I underfed my plant from the beginning, giving her a third of the recommended dose and then during flower about half of the recommended dose every week. I did this under the assumption that it would build up in the res.

Had my plant showed any nutrient deficiency or lockout, I would have cleaned the res. But it never did, so I never changed the water. I’d imagine that this could be dependent upon the strain. I’m currently trying it with my Sour Patch Kid grow, and this strain seems to be doing fine without cleaning the res. It’s in the beginning of week 6 of veg currently and very healthy.

Top Bottom