• Thread starter Xno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xno

Xno

Hi guys,

I ve done hydroponics 2 times before , and soil also, which has been going good

Now i try DWC, its my first time going bacterial/part-organic

problem : one plant was bad ( brown/dark spot , with drooping yellow leaves) and now almost all are getting bad

some info of my setup :

tent 120 x 120 , LED 400W ( 4/6 bar atm) full spectrum (samsung lm301h + osram 660nm) 18/6 autoflo x6 @60cm , good RVK extractor , one medium sized fan blowing 45° from top to bottom on LED + air pump 70L/min ( well my airstones output sucks a bit) + on plants, 22-25° air temp 50% hygro ( ultrasound humidifier set to 60% but i guess my extractor is too strong)

25L Bucket filled @20L , basket with big rockwool + clay pebble

rockwool and pebble with some trichoderma ( ghe) and trabe mycoplant ( endomyco = Glomus intraradices )

tap water 3 stage filtered @250ppm ( removing chlorine and calcium)

( ph is always 5.3 to 6.3 but target is 5.8)
20201125_015401.jpg

So now what i did ... cause i did lot of shit ...

my first solution was : maxigro + ghe silicate + humus + tnc bactor + molasse + superthrive , started to have some brown foam a little stinky ( but not too much) and by following ghe maxigro chart i was already at ~1200ppm before additive, also my solution temp is at 23° , because i was scared it promotes anaerobic/root rots/slime, i removed 1/2 solution ( each bucket) and filled with my filtered water ppm went back to 700-900, foam disappeared and smell was ok

Later, when root started to come out the basket, , some roots died , so i thought i had slime then i noticed my air pump was turned off at night ( 6h for 5 days) , also my basket were shitty , was leaking some light so i 3d printed cylinders ( still working on it) to add more pebble ...

only one plant at this point was bad ( brown spot/drooping) so i started to think i was overwatering them. Since i dont have water pump with irrigation i was drenching one cup from time to time , also the rockwool was getting soaked from the bubble so i thought i was drowning them, also my mistake was that i layed the rockwool cube ( almost as big as the basket) at the bottom, without a bed of pebble, so i removed the rockwool cube to put back a bed of pebble ... breaking some roots

20201125_015416.jpg

Yesterday i decided to start from scratch... cleaned the buckets with new solution, without bacteria/humus/molasse to keep it simple, used old nut i had from hesi ( TNT for soil/coco, roots, enzyme, super vit) and i was diagnosing calcium deficiency on this plant, started to had dolomite ashes ( even if i read somewhere, they were not soluble)

now tonight , my plant are like that :

20201125_015407.jpg
20201125_015419.jpg
20201125_015410.jpg

all picture present on this post are from half an hour ago, i didnt take good pic sorry , but even if the last one look ok its start to loosing some green, other smaller loose green also with one having brown spot

I forgot to say roots are white with light brown stain, hanging over solution ( 3 on 6 out), with bubble weting them or bottom of basket, i stoped to water them from top also

over/under watering, some element locked like calcium ... i'm lost. They seem to go toward a certain death.

maybe i should go back to unfiltered water to have most of secondary/trace nutrients

Lowered light intensity to slow metabolism a bit , made a foliar spray of nettle manure/superthrive ( light)

Spent a shit-ton again, ordered new ring air diffuser from ebay x 6 ( for more DO ?) , RO system ( well 35e on ali) cause i think i have problem with my tap water, 250ppm is too much and i want more control

I'm brewing bacterial tea, it will be ready tomorrow.

if any of you have some advice or better understanding of my situation, i thank you

thx for reading
Anton

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Organic and hydro.... not easy to pull off without a really good understanding and even then... not easy.

imho save yourself the anguish and stick to synthetic.

The rockwool i feel stays wet to long so maybe top feed every 2-3 days.

They are still tiny so your doing the right thing keep light low. Humidity 60-70%. Temps around 75-80f.

Off to bed but check in tomorrow to follow up if your stillnin need of advice.

Mospeada

Mospeada

Agree with Aquaman as I haven't even tried organic hydro after specifically growing hydro for a year. I do know dwc hydro pretty well though, If you want a super quick fix while you work out the issue. Dump the res...clean the system out thoroughly and let them sit in dechlorinated tap water, ph'd down to 6. The temps seem fine but lowering the light intensity to the bare minimum would help a lot too. It will only take a couple of days for them to bounce back if the current issues haven't set in thoroughly. From what I can see Superthrive is just a kelp extract, this would be really good to use too but no more than 2ml/L.

Mospeada

Mospeada

They really don't need much. This plant I swapped out from the main grow and was going to bin but I've just left it sitting in the corner here for the past four days, no bubbler and just getting the veg room indirect light. Dumped it in tap water that I didn't bother to filter or pH but don't do that.

IMG 20201125 214312
IMG 20201125 214321
Xno

Xno

ok thx for adviceguys

these are pretty dark green , no added nitrogen ?

Last edited:
Mospeada

Mospeada

ok thx for adviceguys

these are pretty dark green , no added nitrogen ?
I run a light Nitrogen feed compared to most growers I know, the dark green would be more from the chitosan foliars I give them. There's something else I do that darkens them too but I forget what lol, might be triacontanol. The strain is also a factor as this Gelato is darker than any strain I've grown so far. Actually it might be the extra iron I give to the plants as that 'extra' thing I was mentioning.

Reactions: Xno
Lenny805

Lenny805

Don’t do any part organic. It frustrates me to see so many posts of people growing organically having issues. Salts/synthetic grows better quality cannabis and mush easier. I have a small licensed indoor in Norcal and we still use advanced nutes in coco and have for 20 yrs. If you want top shelf weed start with great genetics and use sensi a&b and if you want to add supplements add advanced supplements and power si as directed and boom you have better product with no hassles. And RO water. That is it. No need to over complicate it. I’m not a organic hater but again organic is way more work and you get a lower quality. I will put my weed up against any organic weed in a Pepsi challenge and crush it. I have used vegbloom and house and garden when a rep gave it to me for free and got great results but again not better than advanced and not as easy for the guys in the grow rooms.

Xno

Xno

my problem are not about organic, just i got scared of pythium and overreacted + other mistakes ... I still want to go organic mainly, for the beauty of science :p

RO water gonna fix things. if i get pythium i will maybe change my mind

Latest posts

Top Bottom