First edibles.

• Thread starter billyran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billyran

We just made cannabutter and it is very potent. It is our first experience with edibles since pot brownies back in the 70' s.
I like the buzz real well but I am not crazy about the taste , I know whatever it is used for helps find the taste a little bit , but for me it is still there.
Are there ways of making edibles without the pot taste ?

T

TheKoreanKid

>pinch nise
>no breathing from nose means no taste
>profit

Kepp89

Kepp89

Pinching the nose only goes so far.

It seems what companies do is lather the edible in sugar. hard candies taste like weed after 4 seconds but gummy bears don’t. Gummy bears have 3 pounds of sugar per bear sprinkled on them (it seems) and the hard candies do not as they then have a pot taste. All the sugar in the hard candy is mixed into the candy instead of topped

Just what I notice but I don’t bake my own I just buy them

T

TheKoreanKid

Pinching the nose only goes so far.

It seems what companies do is lather the edible in sugar. hard candies taste like weed after 4 seconds but gummy bears don’t. Gummy bears have 3 pounds of sugar per bear sprinkled on them (it seems) and the hard candies do not as they then have a pot taste. All the sugar in the hard candy is mixed into the candy instead of topped

Just what I notice but I don’t bake my own I just buy them
The flavor in cheeba chews is super small. Have you tried them? Not sure what to tell you about making your own though :(

Kepp89

Kepp89

The flavor in cheeba chews is super small. Have you tried them? Not sure what to tell you about making your own though :(
No I haven’t I just buy the sweet stone ones I think they’re sweet stone at least. Holographic looking foil.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Using flower , but not “cooking “ it into the butter, small increments and dwell time .
Meaning less flower, less time, multiple extractions and lower temps.
Also freezing the flower prevents the chlorophyll from getting extracted into butter. I try to find the “tastiest” flower/bud, like forbidden fruits, skittles or variety like it for the terpene benefit..
adding sugar, masks, but being diabetic I avoid sugar. I haven’t had an issue with flower extraction and flavor issues. Hint, canna likes vanilla , and floral food extracts.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Using flower , but not “cooking “ it into the butter, small increments and dwell time .
Meaning less flower, less time, multiple extractions and lower temps.
Also freezing the flower prevents the chlorophyll from getting extracted into butter. I try to find the “tastiest” flower/bud, like forbidden fruits, skittles or variety like it for the terpene benefit..
adding sugar, masks, but being diabetic I avoid sugar. I haven’t had an issue with flower extraction and flavor issues. Hint, canna likes vanilla , and floral food extracts.
Make it with decarbed rosin!
I make a baked potato nightly with canna butter, If I use enough sour cream and salt..the taste is manageable. If I don't dab it all..I decarb some rosin and make butter with that.
My Levo extraction machine keeps the flower in SS pods while infusing..thus reducing the plant matter when infusing. It's made like crap, but works better than the MBM2..and it doesn't chop the weed as MBM2 does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom