First ever home grow! Automated drip irrigation in 6 Inch rockwool, Gavita 1700e LED lights

• Thread starter Ganjineering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Hello all,

This is my first post and my first grow. Would love to hear anyone’s advice and guidance on how to deal with as we go into next stages of the plants life (going into Mid to late Veg). Photos are right after transplant and then day 12 after transplant. Planning on Topping once in the next week, then a week of recovery before flipping to flower latest at Day 28. Any help is much appreciated!

First ever home grow automated drip irrigation in 6 inch rockwool gavita 1700e led lights
First ever home grow automated drip irrigation in 6 inch rockwool gavita 1700e led lights 2
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Bad Ass! Nice setup! Rockwool rocks!
Im new to RW, but ive been playn with it for few months with excellent results...
Those blocks seems a little too big for the size of the plant...
I can tell you that to reap the benefit of explosive growth is good to let your plant grow as much as u can in the small 1 inch cube (you will be surprised by the monster u can grow in them) and then go gradually to the bigger ones....in this way you will get faster wet/dry cycles that will allow you to water more frequently...resulting in very miracolous growth!!
I feel like everyone should aim for that when workin with RW otherwise it wouldnt be worth the hussle of investin in hydro equipment etc etc if you get a soil-like speed of growth!

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Thats the set-up right there.

3 heads 24 plants a table. I got 2 gavitas over that table now. I got nice results. Just added a 3rd table like that that. So i got about 72 plants going like that. In those same cubes. Very nice.

Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Bad Ass! Nice setup! Rockwool rocks!
Im new to RW, but ive been playn with it for few months with excellent results...
Those blocks seems a little too big for the size of the plant...
I can tell you that to reap the benefit of explosive growth is good to let your plant grow as much as u can in the small 1 inch cube (you will be surprised by the monster u can grow in them) and then go gradually to the bigger ones....in this way you will get faster wet/dry cycles that will allow you to water more frequently...resulting in very miracolous growth!!
I feel like everyone should aim for that when workin with RW otherwise it wouldnt be worth the hussle of investin in hydro equipment etc etc if you get a soil-like speed of growth!
Thank you! Yes I 100% agree with you - that was probably the biggest mistake so far! I think I’ll let the clones grow out for another week before transplanting! They did get a little shock going in. Made the changes quick enough to see them bounce back, already love using rockwool!

Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Thats the set-up right there.

3 heads 24 plants a table. I got 2 gavitas over that table now. I got nice results. Just added a 3rd table like that that. So i got about 72 plants going like that. In those same cubes. Very nice.
Ah okay! I’ve got the four heads with a couple blocked off and feeding 30 per 4x8 trays. I did think perhaps it was a bit crowded - do you use any plant training techniques to get the canopy spread across the space? Also how long do you veg with that type of spacing? Thanks for responding!

Latest posts

Top Bottom