First go at organic, and colloidal silver feminization

• Thread starter OrganicMartian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Hi I am new to this site. I have 3 successful grows under my belt, still a rookie. This being my first post, I am going to jump right into a grow diary.

I am diving head first into organics with no experience, only research. Using FFOF with 1/4 ish added perlite, a small very amount of worm castings, Gaia Green amendments and top dressings. Very bare bones for organics. 10 Blueberry regular seeds from Crop King Seeds started January 1st.

The paper towel dried completely out with the seeds cracked open from germination. re soaked the towel and miraculously they are saved. 9 out of 10 woohoo!

Into FFOF and Perlite, into the dome and into the "space case" my DIY space tote. I heard online FFOF is too hot for seedlings but I haven't had a problem as long as I use the paper towel method.
First go at organic and colloidal silver feminization
First go at organic and colloidal silver feminization 2
First go at organic and colloidal silver feminization 3
First go at organic and colloidal silver feminization 4

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

They'll stay in the Space Case until the ladies in the main tent are finished, about 2 weeks.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i say if they cant make it in ocean ,you dont need them
if your unsure do have in ocean and the other not,use only water in the ocean for first 3 weeks min,dont over water,reasoning here,is if them seeds dig ocean,in about 2 1/2 weeks you can re pot into next size up and then you have 3 more weeks without feeding the plants,i start in solo cup. first up pot 1 gal pot then into a 3 gal ,so 2 more transplants until i feed the plant usally right at flower,once flower start at low feeding of flower stage,by the time transition and stretch is over you should have your ppm up to 750, i work up to 900 from there and that high as i go as far as feed goes,by the way welcome to thc farmer

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Thanks oldskol. I might have already overwatered them. Made the pot fully moist before planting the germinated seed.

I will be transplanting to 1 gallon and then to 5 gallon permanent homes once I sex clones from each plant.

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

8/10 have made it out of the Space Case! Other than a small amount of algae build up on the soil due to over watering, it is going smoothly. I believe it is slow growth because of the lack of fresh air in the Space Case. They will stay in the little pots until the leaves reach the edges of the pot and then they transplant into 1 gallon pots, FFOF amended with Gaia Green All Purpose.

The blueberries are now sitting under the Mars Hydro SP 3000 on %50 at 20" for a 18/6 cycle.

IMG 1969
IMG 1970
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

They are to go into 1 gallon pots with 6parts ffof , 1 part ewc , 1 part perlite.

4029D8D6 C484 4BA7 B556 FD2D1368005B
E097D1AC 2C55 4C12 BB36 33F50151E805

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

January 28th I cut clones to sex the plants. two weeks later and only one has rooted... too much light, i added a light filter on top of the clone dome. Lets hope they root.
IMG 2057

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Today I added one table spoon of Gaia Green all purpose to each 1 gallon container. The plants need to stay in the 1 gallon until I know the sex of each of them, keeping females only. They look healthy. Calyxes are showing, whether they are female or male is too soon to tell, but I took pictures just in case someone here can tell.

I stopped PH ing my water, I figure the soil will buffer it. The water here is a little high, 8 ph according to general hydroponics test drops, maybe 8.2.

I was using tap water in my humidifier and it clogged my carbon filter. I cleaned the pre filter, de-scaled the humidifier and I'm now using Reverse Osmosis. Not going to make that mistake again.

I just want to know who I'm keeping! The clones have been a slow process, because of the excessive amount of light I'm guessing.
IMG 2147
IMG 2119
IMG 2125
IMG 2134

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

I've kept 4 females. Seemed like a blind guess with the microscope but I nailed 4 out of 4. They are showing calyx with pistils.
The clones didn't work, so I topped the plants again and kept clones from these four females.. second times the charm.
Re-potted the females yesterday with;
6 parts FFOF
1 part high quality EWC
1 part Perlite
Amended with Gaia Green, 50/50 of All purpose and Power Bloom according to Gaia Instructions
which is 3 Tbs. of amendments per 1 gallon.
20210217 123922
20210217 125649
20210217 141925

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Good luck with this. As far as I know using colloidal silver to fem a plant is done by crossing its own genetic code by seed. If it was to pollinate a different plant you’d have an unstable cross. May be wrong but that’s my thoughts

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Unfortunately I'm NOT FEMINIZING! I decided I want a big bag of weed, can you blame me? Of course you can. I do not know how to change the title of this thread, so if you've made it this far in hopes of colloidal silver feminization TURN BACK!

This isn't completely stemmed from wh1tescorp1ons comment. I've thought about not feminizing since I started this thread. and I already bought that dammed bottle of colloidal silver (actually ionized silver oops)

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Clones are exact copies so if you flip one you could use it’s pollen to feminize a sister. I wouldn’t do it anywhere near the rest of your plants or keep it with them after. The fertilized female will give you feminized seeds. Still watching

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Good luck with this. As far as I know using colloidal silver to fem a plant is done by crossing its own genetic code by seed. If it was to pollinate a different plant you’d have an unstable cross. May be wrong but that’s my thoughts

My thoughts if using the same female plant and turning one male.

The male retains all the females genes except that of what the male needs to use to be male..ie make male pods, open male pods, create male pollen(its not true male pollen) and whatever else it does as a male. I look at it as doubling down on the genes left over after the converted male genes have transcribed...transcripted. just thoughts!

What do you think? Is it similar to line breeding animals?

Americans and our fem seeds...what are we soy boys? Wtf happened to getting the big dick and getting it done gents? Mangera!?!

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

I imagine self pollinating would create sick plants, overtime. Just like inbreed pedigree dogs being more susceptible to disease than mutts. I'm sure it would work fine for a few generations.

I'll keep my ionized silver and try it in the future.

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 10 of flower.
RH %60
Temp 25°c

I lollipopped everything under the net yesterday. I slacked on updating this thread with a day 1 photo. NOT FEMENIZING, so I decided to put a net on the girls to make LST through flower easier. Beautiful even canopy. I'll remove some fans leaves at week 3 of flower to get more light onto the bottoms of the colas, something I read on growweedeasy website.

It has been 2 weeks since I repotted into amended soil so I'll likely top dress these babies in the next 10-14 days with 60-40 powerbloom to all-purpose ratio at 1 tbs per gallon of medium.

Anyone with Gaia green experience please chime in on what worked for you.

Any advice on week 3 defoliation?

20210303 171833
20210303 171840

OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 14 of flower. They stretched more than I expected. The canopy is a little uneven but not too much.
It's congested in there so I will defoliate next week. I also put a fan below the canopy and one fan above to maximize airflow.

I water every day half a gallon per fabric pot. They are thirsty girls.

I have spring tails. Are they going to be an issue?

20210307 185539
20210307 185654

Latest posts

Top Bottom