First grow…started 12/26/22. Any and all information is helpful

• Thread starter KRD813
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

At this point I will order it anyways lol. Thanks!

Just something to keep in mind - while the outside room temp and humidity does affect the inside of your grow space, it won't ever match the outside environment. Where both of my tents are, the humidity outside of the tents is 30-35% (pellet stove keeps humidity low during the cold season). Inside my tents is 50% or higher due to the plants (my humidifiers haven't been filled in about 2 weeks and are all more than 50% filled). In my small tent I have the hardest time keeping humidity down, so I have a small dehumidifier in there.

The one I use inside my tent is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZY8Q3G1

I could probably go bigger, but this seems to work okay enough for me for now.

If you're going to use a house/basement/larger dehumidifier for the room your grow space is in, I would try to have it run close to your closet and see how well it helps, but you may end up needing something in there. Even though you're taking care of the environment outside of your closet, you have a different environment inside which is only partially affected by the outside environment.

Here's some information on what you should aim for in your home for humidity so you don't end up warping / cracking floors, cracking/peeling paint, or damaging wood furniture: https://www.standardheating.com/blog/2016/january/what-is-the-ideal-humidity-comfort-level-for-you/

Also, FWIW, the Vivosun products I've used, while aren't terrible, I'm not overly impressed with, and you can generally find anything they sell cheaper by going to another brand. You don't need things marketed to weed growers - a dehumidifier is a dehumidifier. Just check out the reviews before purchasing to get an idea of what you may be getting yourself into. For inside the grow space devices, try to find things that don't have LED's if possible, otherwise you'll need to tape over/cover up the lights for your dark periods (like the dehumidifier I use I had to tape over the blue power LED).

K

KRD813

Just something to keep in mind - while the outside room temp and humidity does affect the inside of your grow space, it won't ever match the outside environment. Where both of my tents are, the humidity outside of the tents is 30-35% (pellet stove keeps humidity low during the cold season). Inside my tents is 50% or higher due to the plants (my humidifiers haven't been filled in about 2 weeks and are all more than 50% filled). In my small tent I have the hardest time keeping humidity down, so I have a small dehumidifier in there.

The one I use inside my tent is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZY8Q3G1

I could probably go bigger, but this seems to work okay enough for me for now.

If you're going to use a house/basement/larger dehumidifier for the room your grow space is in, I would try to have it run close to your closet and see how well it helps, but you may end up needing something in there. Even though you're taking care of the environment outside of your closet, you have a different environment inside which is only partially affected by the outside environment.

Here's some information on what you should aim for in your home for humidity so you don't end up warping / cracking floors, cracking/peeling paint, or damaging wood furniture: https://www.standardheating.com/blog/2016/january/what-is-the-ideal-humidity-comfort-level-for-you/

Also, FWIW, the Vivosun products I've used, while aren't terrible, I'm not overly impressed with, and you can generally find anything they sell cheaper by going to another brand. You don't need things marketed to weed growers - a dehumidifier is a dehumidifier. Just check out the reviews before purchasing to get an idea of what you may be getting yourself into. For inside the grow space devices, try to find things that don't have LED's if possible, otherwise you'll need to tape over/cover up the lights for your dark periods (like the dehumidifier I use I had to tape over the blue power LED).
Seriously thank you so much! I will look into all of this. You have been a great help!

K

KRD813

Hey everyone!! Hope all is well. Got a couple questions for you guys….

1. So my plant has outgrown the growbox and touching the light…can I cut the top?

2. When does the flowering stage start????

C447F2D5 A0BB 4196 B070 B20D27D39EC5
BF784B90 D4BB 4B5A 936D 2B82BB97D055

Latest posts

Top Bottom