First grow 4x2x5 tent and humidity

• Thread starter silverleaf12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

silverleaf12

This is my first grow. I am using a 4x2x5 tent with a vs2000 led light, 6" ac infinity inline with smart controller. I have three 6" fans for circulation. I am able to keep the tent at 80-82 during the day cycle and 77-78 during night cycle. My humidity can run anywhere from 35% to 60%+ on any given day outside the tent. I am getting ready to move to flower and I for life of me can not find a way to dehumidify the tent below 50-55%. Trying to get to 45%. It is located in a 13x22 room inside a closet that is 6ft x 4.5ft. The tent is vented to outside the closet. I have 3 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots which are taking about 1 gallon each every 2 days right now. That is one the increase. I have tried many things and cannot get there. Right now I have a small dehumidifier in the tent but it does keep up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086GQBW4G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Can I please get some solid advice on how to get this humidity under control? Here is a pic from a few days ago :)
First grow 4x2x5 tent and humidity

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
you need a way bigger dehum. sorry no shortcuts and easy way outs on this, if you want to control humidity either reduce exhaust and run a decently sized dehum in the tent or build a lung room/space and run a decently sized dehum in there and pull air from the lung room. i have a room where i keep my tents in and i close the door to that room always and run a 55l dehum 24/7 keeping the room at 40%. dehums electricity consumption costs as much as all the lights i use in my 1 4x4 and 3 2x2s haha

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Don’t mess up your house

Get an inkbird humidity controller and hang the sensor at canopy level. Run your dehum off that

growsince79

growsince79

This is my first grow. I am using a 4x2x5 tent with a vs2000 led light, 6" ac infinity inline with smart controller. I have three 6" fans for circulation. I am able to keep the tent at 80-82 during the day cycle and 77-78 during night cycle. My humidity can run anywhere from 35% to 60%+ on any given day outside the tent. I am getting ready to move to flower and I for life of me can not find a way to dehumidify the tent below 50-55%. Trying to get to 45%. It is located in a 13x22 room inside a closet that is 6ft x 4.5ft. The tent is vented to outside the closet. I have 3 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots which are taking about 1 gallon each every 2 days right now. That is one the increase. I have tried many things and cannot get there. Right now I have a small dehumidifier in the tent but it does keep up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086GQBW4G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Can I please get some solid advice on how to get this humidity under control? Here is a pic from a few days ago :)View attachment 1242119
Vent outside the house and keep the room 45%

S

silverleaf12

I appreciate the feedback. I tried the lung thing with the closet but it brought the heat up too much. Keeping the room sealed would be very difficult with the living situation. I did try that also and the room temp was going too high. I have a unit capable of 50L with a 209cfm, the heat from it though is a lot. With a 4x2x5 tent space is limited. I would like to figure out what I need to put inside the tent that will not struggle and then see if I can find something small enough in size to accomplish it. I have spent hours researching and everyone keeps pointing back to the unit I have or something very very similar. I can tell by looking at this thing it does not have what it takes. My head is spinning at this point. I am purposely raising the temp in the tent right now to try to keep the vpd above 1 especially as I get ready for flower. But I do not want to add more heat. I feel like I am being pushed and pulled at the same time lol

S

silverleaf12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Don’t mess up your house

Get an inkbird humidity controller and hang the sensor at canopy level. Run your dehum off that
I have one. Just need a solid dehumidifier to match up with it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
at some point getting from a 1.0 vpd too a 1.4 vpd for let flower may not be worth it :(. so friggin close. I struggle to hold ,9 some days.
not only because of vpd but high rh and fat nugs don’t mix well 95% of the time. i’ve seen people manage it but more often than not mold strikes. i’ve lost so much to mold before i set up a dedicated room with ac and dehums to keep it in check. the climate around here is 70% rh average so pulling in fresh air doesnt do much either.

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
you need a way bigger dehum. sorry no shortcuts and easy way outs on this, if you want to control humidity either reduce exhaust and run a decently sized dehum in the tent or build a lung room/space and run a decently sized dehum in there and pull air from the lung room. i have a room where i keep my tents in and i close the door to that room always and run a 55l dehum 24/7 keeping the room at 40%. dehums electricity consumption costs as much as all the lights i use in my 1 4x4 and 3 2x2s haha

This guy knows what's up.

S

silverleaf12

This is the route I went. The room plus closet is less than 1000 square feet. Got a 4500 square foot dehumid that I keep right out side the closet. I can even keep the door of the room open enough so the dog can still get in and out :). It is working great. Mother nature is brutal though. Humidity here was 21% after a front went through and I had to supplement the humidifier I have. Talk about being pulled in two directions at one time

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
This is the route I went. The room plus closet is less than 1000 square feet. Got a 4500 square foot dehumid that I keep right out side the closet. I can even keep the door of the room open enough so the dog can still get in and out :). It is working great. Mother nature is brutal though. Humidity here was 21% after a front went through and I had to supplement the humidifier I have. Talk about being pulled in two directions at one time
i envy some of yous problems. its much cheaper and easier to add humidity than to substract it haha never gets below 65-70% around here. so a solid dehumidifier is a must.

D

Dugplug

Can I please get some solid advice on how to get this humidity under control? Here is a pic from a few days ago :)View attachment 1242119
I noticed you didn't mention an exhaust fan with filter in your tent Should take care of humidity

pixelpaws

pixelpaws

I was having too high humidity in a basement grow (in a tent), despite a humidifier. Increasing the exhaust fan power helped humidity drop by at least 20%.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I noticed you didn't mention an exhaust fan with filter in your tent Should take care of humidity
He has an ACI T6 for room exhaust and temp/humidity control....

As Echo mentioned, you need to condition the environment in the lung. How are temps in the lung? A/C cooling the lung should afford some dehumidification through the unit itself along with more humidity drop due to lowering the dewpoint in the lung room itself if you can drop temp in the lung room.

Unless you're retaining air inside the tent and not venting/exhausting it, a dehumidifier inside the tent isn't going to do much. You'd essentially be exhausting dry air and bringing in more humid air from the lung. Dry and cool the lung air and you should be golden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom