First Grow ~ 4x4 1000w MH/HPS

• Thread starter RogueWiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So dude what you said doesn’t make a ton of sense. All over the world as the season turns toward winter the days get shorter. Weather you are in the northern hemisphere and experience winter from Nov to April or if your reversed in the southern hem.

it makes sense that with increased hours of light the plants has a longer period each day to bulk up the flower, but there’s no way according to the current rules of physics that you are simulating an outdoor environment.

Anthem

Anthem

So dude what you said doesn’t make a ton of sense. All over the world as the season turns toward winter the days get shorter. Weather you are in the northern hemisphere and experience winter from Nov to April or if your reversed in the southern hem.

it makes sense that with increased hours of light the plants has a longer period each day to bulk up the flower, but there’s no way according to the current rules of physics that you are simulating an outdoor environment.
Read all the posts again, he is only giving the plants 10 hours of light, not 14.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

That makes so much more sense. Cool tip. I’ll def have to try On the next bloom cycle. Work down to 10 hours of light per day.

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

Portland , growers paradise up here lol I run into growers all the time. Im going to run a nice LED board vs this hps setup I have here; Anyone have a suggestion for an LED you think can compete?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We tested the diminishing light theory in a fairly large grow one time and found the yields actually went down slightly. So we went back to 12/12. Anectdotal... yrmv.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

We tested the diminishing light theory in a fairly large grow one time and found the yields actually went down slightly. So we went back to 12/12. Anectdotal... yrmv.

Think that's a result of the reduced capacity for photosynthesis?

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

The deed is done! Some nice looking flower came out of that and overall I'm very happy for my first experimental grow! Have it on a drying rack in my grow tent ill get better pics of tomorrow. 600G total flower weight wet! 150g to the Sundae Driver.
20200801 223045
20200801 223049
20200801 195322
20200801 200106

20200801 195703
RogueWiz

RogueWiz

20200802 143136

Nice day! Enjoyed the water 💧 . My pots ill cut one open and show it but I'm thinking its the entire thing, I can't even compress the soil haha.

Top Bottom