First Grow - A Wizards Colorful Voyage

• Thread starter AWickedWizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

The Gelato

My love for this strain begun when I first went to L.A once the legalisation bill had passed, entered my favorite dispensary only to discover a whole new world of products and effectively this colorfull hybrid that just blew my mind.

Always carrying a passion for the colorful strains and if I ever get a chance to start breeding that's the road I would follow. Attracted to Citrus & Peppery terpenes, being close to the sea (reminder of it's OG Kush heritage) and a longlasting attraction to durban poison (Favorite strain back in the day, I had my first try growing outdoors some ten years ago literally by throwing seeds into the garden and letting nature do its best) it was a no brainer to chose this strain.

Years went by, my passion for the plant kept growing, often travelling with a goal of refining my pallet, buying books, reading articles my anxiousness & excitment kept getting worse and worse until a friend of mine gave me a bunch of stuff & I finally got a chance to start my own grow...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My excitement and the current conditions unfortunately got the best of me resulting in frustration and shyness to the idea of posting here but thanks to Beachwalker, Bubblefunk, Dire wolf, Dirtbag & One drop who all helped set me straight this is once again a thing!

Special mention to Dirtbags grow journal that I couldn't stop reading while listening to the tunes posted on the beach house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here we are...

Welcome, I hope you will enjoy the ride, looks like I'll be here for a while...

I would absolutely love to follow an as organic as possible regimen, especially as time goes, I've been looking into ''clean green'' cleaning, sterilizing and pest control methods while also trying to accumulate as much knowledge as possible to create my own supersoil.
Few years ago I used to treat my garden only with Garlic, Neem, Rosemary oil, various plants grown, insecticidal soap, etc... I will be doing my best to expose this here.

Strains (2 of each):
Gelato 33 (Advanced seeds)
Gelato (Original sensible)
Gelato 41 (Growers choice)
Blue Gelato 41 (Barney's Farm)
Triple G (Royal queen seeds)
Gelato (Zamnesia seeds)
Gorilla Glue (Zamnesia seeds)

Starting Gear:
- Lumatek dual spectrum 600w HPS through a 600w
- Lumatek ballast (Set at 400w) running 18/6.
- Adjust-A-Wings reflector
- 150x90 grow tent with a VK 125 extraction fan
- Honeywell HT 900 E
- Vitopod

Nutes:
- Bionova Soil Supermix
- BN-zym
- BN-missing link
- BN-X cel
- Soil Janeco Lightmix with some added perlite

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Started on the 16th of march into root riot cubes achieving a 100% germination rate, went through some overwatering and had a few issues which unfortunately caused the death of the 1 cheese seed I had added to the mix.
- Day 1 | 95%+ humidity ~22oC (overwatered)
- Day 2 | 65% humidity, ~25oC
- Day 3 | Lights on 25oC - 31oC, 50%-70%
- Day 4 | 27oC - 30oC, 50%-85%,
- Day 5 | 27oC , 50% - 85%

Pics on day 7.

IMG 7035
AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Haha Yeah I realise that's a lot for 1 tent, I wasn't expecting to have so many sprout + some will be going outdoors etc.

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

17 & 18 days later...
Managed to snag a humidifier which was promptly installed

IMG 7054
IMG 7058
IMG 7066
Reactions: Ina
AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

21 Days later...

Transferred into 1L Pots with some mycorrhizae added to the holes.
Humidifier set at 65%, light 52cm from canopy.
Feed (1ml Soil Supermix, 0.5 X-Cel & Missing link, 0.3 BN-Zym)/L 1hr rest, 6.5ph 22oC, 60ml each approx every 3 days.

Had some fungus gnat infection in other house plants so the little ones got sprayed with neem diluted at 1ml/1L & rosemary oil misted around the house, which seems to have done the trick.

IMG 7101
IMG 7105
Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Started on the 16th of march into root riot cubes achieving a 100% germination rate, went through some overwatering and had a few issues which unfortunately caused the death of the 1 cheese seed I had added to the mix.
- Day 1 | 95%+ humidity ~22oC (overwatered)
- Day 2 | 65% humidity, ~25oC
- Day 3 | Lights on 25oC - 31oC, 50%-70%
- Day 4 | 27oC - 30oC, 50%-85%,
- Day 5 | 27oC , 50% - 85%

Pics on day 7.
👍🏻

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Thanks man, appreciate it, it's the follow up to the Issues I simply cannot seem to resolve topic as the problems I had have now been fixed so I thought rather than hijack that one into a grow diary, I should get this one started, it's still a little behind but I got caught up reading some articles on here and still have a bunch of pics to post so it's up to date also didn't really want to overload the feed with too many pictures and not much description.

It was kind of sad posting these as indeed so far so good, now's when I commit to a few fuck-ups... It's all about the learning curve.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks man, appreciate it, it's the follow up to the Issues I simply cannot seem to resolve topic as the problems I had have now been fixed so I thought rather than hijack that one into a grow diary, I should get this one started, it's still a little behind but I got caught up reading some articles on here and still have a bunch of pics to post so it's up to date also didn't really want to overload the feed with too many pictures and not much description.

It was kind of sad posting these as indeed so far so good, now's when I commit to a few fuck-ups, it's all about the learning curve.
That’s right but I think with this type of forum and the help other way better growers than me can help to keep you above that curve but hey make a fuck up you got to own it and remember that lesson . Regards OD.

AWickedWizard

AWickedWizard

Haha I love how everyone downplays themselves here it's crazy... I was expecting so much more ''this is the best method'' but if anything everyone seems to be shy of giving their advice because they feel someone else has more/better knowledge...

Definitively a wonderful place to come and learn, you guys are fantastic, so respectful of one another and the atmosphere here is just ''mwah'' loving it.

'' but hey make a fuck up you got to own it and remember that lesson '' Exactly, this I think is the one first step, putting your own ego aside and realising you're that one little seedling reaching out for the light...

Latest posts

Top Bottom