First grow after 10 yr break.

• Thread starter Trebor77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trebor77

Trebor77

Hi,

I had planned to try a greenhouse grow this summer, however the opportunity to acquire some clones a few weeks ago has brought about some changes to my plans. I am about to setup a small 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent with 600w digital ballast.
For the last 3 weeks my clones have been surviving under basic home use led strips, on 16/8 timer. This has kept them alive better than expected and I was quite pleased. I had noticed that 2 of the 4 plants were in different pots, and had evidence of being re-vegged, as in they had produced alot of '3 pointed' leaves. They seem to now be producing 5 or 7 points, although there is a bizarre swirl shaped stunt to some of these points.
Worse news still, while preparing to repot and move to grow tent, I have noticed spider mite issue on at least 3 of the plants. I assume they came from the clone room, and have been enjoying the dry heat of a my front room, in a paticularly cold uk spring.

I was hoping to get some pointers from far more experienced growers than myself, about what to do, whether to give up andf try and source fresh plants, or hpow to treat the spider mnites before moving to the tent? Ive attached pictures, and the plants are skywalkers, appx 5 weeks old (from what the seller told me when i acquired them 3 weeks ago..

thanks for reading!
First grow after 10 yr break 6

First grow after 10 yr break
First grow after 10 yr break 2
First grow after 10 yr break 3
First grow after 10 yr break 4
First grow after 10 yr break 5
Trebor77

Trebor77

Update.....Ive just procured 2 different organic pesticides....one is based on rapeseed oil, the other one I cant find ingredients in. Ive used 1 today and intend to use the alternative one tomorrow and see for results. Would really welcome some input from the many experienced farmers on hereIve tried to include some better images....This is the smallest of the four and one of two that dont appear to have been 're-vegged' in the past.
20210327 140247

This is the other that of the paiur that seemed healthiest...
20210327 140252

And these two, which bothe have many '3 pointed leaves' and also seemed to be the root of the mites!
20210327 140218
20210327 140201

Please help, as tent is going up tonight and if Im keeping these they all need repotting urgently...

Thanks for looking!

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Neem oil spray is gonna be your go-to for spider mite infestation. Don't forget the undersides of the leaves where they like to lay eggs.

Spike8910

Spike8910

And if ur in uk there's a guy on here that sells clones if ur interested ill message u details

Latest posts

Top Bottom