First Grow, am I missing anything

• Thread starter joshjones43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joshjones43

joshjones43

So I’ve done a lot of research on here and other forums. I want to layout my setup and get some opinions on how I could improve it and some suggestions on a water/light schedule.

Would drip irrigation be beneficial

- 8x8x8 shed that’s completely sealed. (Can give building specs if needed)

- 9000 btu pioneer mini split

- 16” Active Air Oscillating fan

- 6” AC Infinity Fan and Carbon Filter with Temp/humidity control

- 3 4000w KingLed UL Series Quantum Leds

- 1 2000w KingLed UL Series Quantum Led

- 2 1000w kingled

- Autopilot 4 Burner CO2 Generator and Controller (LP)

- Humidifier/Dehumidifier

Planted 14 seeds in Seed trays with humidity domes on a heat mat with Black Golds Seedling mix. Going to be running FoxFarm Ocean Forest with roughly 30% Perlite and 5-10% Vermiculite when I transplant into one gallon pots after the plants have become established.

As far as my environment goes the mini split, fans, humidifier/dehumidifier keep the temp and humidity precisely where I want them with very little flux and I live in TEXAS with constant 90-100 degree weather.

Anyways, thoughts on my setup so far?

First grow am i missing anything
Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Sounds great man! My only concern when reading was your AC setup. 9k BTU for that size space doesnt seem to be enough but you said it is working so I guess it works haha

Did you test it for Flowering conditions as well? Keeping in mind you will want it about 10 degrees cooler for Flowering than for Veg. (68-74) vs. (75-82)

joshjones43

joshjones43

9k btu mini split isn’t big enough for a 64 square foot space? That’s crazy. I keep it running 24/7. Haven’t looked at temps with all the lights on but living in Texas with 2 lights on and it has no problems keeping it at 65-75. Between my mini split, AC Infinity Fan, and Oscillating fans it stays pretty cool. All my big led lights have heat sinks and produce very little heat. If I’m not mistaken though, running CO2 couldn’t my temps get up to 80-85 during lights on without any problems?

joshjones43

joshjones43

So my lights produce roughly 5300 btu/h. Can’t find an exact amount for my CO2 generator but it’d only be on for very short periods of time due to CO2 levels already being fairly high. Will my fans also help cool everything down? I’m right at 9k btu

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

I have only completed 1 grow, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

As long as you are confident in your ability to get your temps down to Flowering range then you're good. I have a 3x3 Tent and use a 12k BTU Toshiba Portable AC, it worked out very well and could probably get the tent down to 30 degrees if I wanted it to but I did specifically buy this unit so it could work on an 8x4 as well.

Im sure someone will say to the contrary but fans do not cool down an area, they simply move the air around. The AC Infinity fan serves as an exhaust for the removal of hot air and to facilitate air exchange. The only device specifically designated to temperature control will be your mini-split.

Best of luck with your grow. It sounds like you have done your homework and know what you're doing.

joshjones43

joshjones43

Correct my mini split will be my only main temp control device but the only other option is an intake/exhaust fan but that defeats the purpose of a sealed room. I can always just run my 3 4000w quantum’s (pulling 450w each) and possibly the 2000w one in the corner and I’d be fine because the dissipate heat extremely well compared to other lights I’ve played with. I think my main concern would be my CO2 generator. I poked my head in there early this morning before work, after about 3 hours of lights off, and my ppm was at 2000+ without even running my generator. Very confused as to why my Ppm is that high

joshjones43

joshjones43

Some pictures of the room. Not sure if there is a better layout. My generator kind of messed up my original plans needing 20” of clearance on all sides

6E9BB7AE 8DFF 4980 8BC0 85003F2F11E8
1924E81B A29B 4E8A A1B6 CB6F716D8B9C
73719269 DB1C 47B7 80FA 08FF8BA90ACE
DBFC9AEC 8566 49CB BA51 59CA77CA4490
Top Bottom