First Grow - and First Post - week 2 of flower running a homemade RDWC - is it ok?

• Thread starter phunkyfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phunkyfarmer

Hi guys, nice to meet yall. I'm a newbie here, after a long time wanting to I eventually decided to grow some plants.

I decided to go for a DWC system for two plants, using a Mars Hydro 4xw with a TSL 200 light - about two weeks in to vegetation I said f*ck it and ambitiously changed to RDWC after diving more into the learning process, bought a water chiller. Fast forward, I'm currently in week 2 of flower running a RDWC that a built.

I am keeping PH at 5.8 - swinging it from 5.5 up when I change my resevoir every week.

Videos of my grow are here. Instamon.

The EC right now is 1.8, and the PPM around 890. I'm using CANNA Nutrients, growing three Indica strains. I decided to put three plants in one pot to experiment as I hadn't seen much info on the internet about this, seeing the roots could fight but in rdwc with the waterfall and constant flow of nutrients I thought this could work well potentially.
First grow   and first post   week 2 of flower running a homemade rdwc   is it ok

One plant in the bucket was a Male, so I chopped him off. Right now I have two in there, one strong one and one weaker one. A learning lesson that I will just run two big plants.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you're gonna run into problems with two plants in one bucket. the fact you now have dead root mass in that bucket might cost you the entire grow. they're healthy now but already seeing some leaf deformities, your EC seems incredibly high for the media, pH is on point. figners crossed for you but don't be surprised if you run into some serious root rot sooner than later. good luck.

Top Bottom