First grow and harvest , bud smells like hay?

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Does the bud look normal ? It’s my first grow and harvest . Didn’t do too good. And it smells like hay wtf
First grow and harvest   bud smells like hay

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
wow! you finished and you have weed! that is great! i wish and dream that i can finish and have anything! it looks very pretty!

from what i read, the hay smell is from chlorophyll. they recommend slow slow slow to cure. at this point, you already have it in the jars, just wait it out, it should go away in about 4 weeks... now, i should have said this up front... i know nothing in a practical sense, just what i read here and around the net (im a voracious reader!) while it is in the jars it should develop its good tastes and smells.

i think you did a great job! how much did you get?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

On two occasions this happened to me and guess what? It was the same cross from the same pack of seeds — even though the other plants from the pack were nice and fragrant. I suspect it is genetic, at least sometimes. I can't see what you might have done wrong.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Does the bud look normal ? It’s my first grow and harvest . Didn’t do too good. And it smells like hay wtf
View attachment 1106362

Any harvest is a success that's what I told my friend as he also harvested his first 3 weeks ago. My first harvest looked like little airy marbles. So give yourself a pat on the back. The hay smell & taste is from drying to fast, I've noticed if you cure for 3+ months the hay smell/taste does improve abit, altho with terpens it has alot to do with the medium in which the plant has been grown in and the type of feeding but anther indication of chlorophyll locked in the bud is harsh smoke, but that's just an indication in combination with a few things, and can't be judge purely on that as harsh smoke can also be from improper flush and nutes which I was guilt of but like it was mentioned in previous post, just apply what you've learned in the next grow. And do again after that one and so on. With time it just gets better and better as you try new growing techniques and ways of curing. It gets better with each harvest

Last edited:
4plant

4plant

Bud looks good! How long was the flush? The chlorophyll left in is the culprit unless it’s a funky strain. I’ve grown great white shark a few times and it smells like gym socks.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Another thing, did you let it get fully mature? If not, or you didnt check trichs will effect smell/taste alot

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

wow! you finished and you have weed! that is great! i wish and dream that i can finish and have anything! it looks very pretty!

from what i read, the hay smell is from chlorophyll. they recommend slow slow slow to cure. at this point, you already have it in the jars, just wait it out, it should go away in about 4 weeks... now, i should have said this up front... i know nothing in a practical sense, just what i read here and around the net (im a voracious reader!) while it is in the jars it should develop its good tastes and smells.

i think you did a great job! how much did you get?
Maybe couple of 1/4 haven’t weighed it yet

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Bud looks good! How long was the flush? The chlorophyll left in is the culprit unless it’s a funky strain. I’ve grown great white shark a few times and it smells like gym socks.
I flushed for 7 days using rezin only . Green planet nutrients schedule shows just add rezin with the flushing. I did over do the nutrients during flowering which made the leaves very dark green. Was way to much nitrogen. Learnt from my mistake now

4plant

4plant

A good way to flush is to get the runoff ec to 0, then watch all the lower leaves start to turn yellow from the bottom up,
that way you know the nutes and chlorophyll are mostly gone.
Is the rezin a hardener or a flushing agent?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

A good way to flush is to get the runoff ec to 0, then watch all the lower leaves start to turn yellow from the bottom up,
that way you know the nutes and chlorophyll are mostly gone.
Is the rezin a hardener or a flushing agent?
Not really sure mate this was the schedule.
30FA0085 49DD 494E AFBE 99982DE3FE81

Top Bottom