first grow and it seems good but i need tips!

• Thread starter Tbruze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tbruze

ok so i am growing a nyc sour d and a cherry pie plant in my closet. i have some basic flouresent grow lights and a fan set up in the closet also. light for 18 hours a day and night time for 6. im using fox farms potting soil, grow big, and also big bloom. they are growing fast and looking healthy but i really just wish i knew what was coming next! any advice or comments are appreciated! thx

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome bro - your first 10 posts are moderated - no need to post twice - sometimes it just takes a hot minute for them to be approved

asd far as organic tips I will defer to the experts on that one

enjoy the farm

T

Tbruze

haha thanks man, and sorry about that i didn't realize that it to be approved until after i already posted the second one :/

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no worries bro - I figured

as far as advice dont let em get to big before you flip to 12/12 and flower them

if your just using flouros there is a huge amount of lumen loss 12" from the bulb

so keep them short and maybe do some training (tie them over) to create an even canopy of buds

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm Man.
Great place to learn stuff.
Motherload gave you a good tip. Keep that light close.
Read up on bending those plants

T

Tbruze

cool cool and thanx, and yea i have the lights basicly hanging about 2 inches above the plants...my next question is how tall/old do the plants have to be before i do that 12/12 switch? and when i do that what are some quality supplies that are energy efficient? maybe i should make a separate post for the this? haha

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah you could start a grow diary - but your going to want to post pix - you will get more responses for sure

L

LBZ Farmer

Learn about:
Topping
Supercropping
FIM
SCROG
Flush
DO NOT BE SCARED THIS IS A WEED AND IT WANTS TO LIVE!

For your first grow you want to flip to 12/12 early Like if you have clones, let them veg for two weeks then flip, just so you can see what a plant does through the whole cycle. Write everything Down, trust me you wont remember later. Then again I don't know you but most people will forget.

Make errors fertilizing on the light side. Too much fertilizer will really screw things up as will trying out all the new wizz bang sure to make super bud products out there. Learn about one at a time and try them on your next grow!

For this grow you need to absolutely learn about the total environment that you need to keep these plants in for their whole life! How much light, humidity, temperature, how much water, how much outside air, Fans... Lots to learn without complicating it with crazy products. I like that you have the simple stuff to start!

MOST IMPORTANT!
Read the infimarary section: Don't end up in there... You will don't worry but you can head it off at the pass by learning and know what something bad looks like early on.
Never visit your plants when they are sleeping. 100% dark is the best policy. I don't care what anyone says about green light. Plants can grow in green light, look at the photosynthesis curve! You don't want hermie plants.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Great advice from pro's. Its nice seeing experienced growers help newbees!
Its what being a Farmer is all about.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Write everything Down, trust me you wont remember later. Then again I don't know you but most people will forget.

Man thats the shit right there for a new person growing

make a log that details everything everyday

the high/low temp - high/low humidty - ph of your res - ppm of your res (if you have a tester)

when you feed or change res: how much did you feed - what was the ph/ppm - if your growing in rockwool or hydroton and can check the runoff what was the ph/ppm of that

its good to keep these notes - gives you something to go back and look at if something goes south

T

Tbruze

sweet man, thanks alot! i am gonna go study some more now!
i really love the plant and nothing is more satisfying than legally watching it grow and hopefully producing some really good stuff. ill work on getting the pics up and keep everything going good. thanks again for the advice and tips!

420alldaze

420alldaze

welcome to the farm tbruze! lotsa good people on here.just take your time and learn your plants needs. soon youll be able to look at them and tell what theyre missin. good luck cant wait to see some sd pics...peacentreez

T

Tbruze

yea man, so i am going to look at some lighting setups for flowering today, and i just picked up another baby! this one is an orange diesel!

K

kes5480

try to stick to one or two strains. A newbie should just concentrate on one strain so you can learn easier. And always take notes. buy a noteook and a nice pen, your gona need a camera. document every thing and research the shit outta it. You are gonna want atleast a 400HPS to flower.It is possible to use a T5 floro w warm bulbs. what size light you got? Ill try 2 help u bro even tho im kinda new. 3 grows but i research alot and kno a fair share about growing. peace

T

Tbruze

haha well i have 10 different strains lol i like variety but hopefully itll let me see some different growing patterns. i have t5s on em now but while they are vegging but im saving up for a 600w hps set up...thx tho dude

T

Tbruze

heres a few pics, i can't figure out how to download all of my pics in a gallery. its just not working right so i have a few on here

100 5841
Illmind

Illmind

damn looks like u got some sweet clones. i recomend u get fox farm tiger bloom for early to mid flowering stages. check for light leaks. try to start with quality 0-20 ppm water if not an option feed lightly. dont overwater, or overfeed stick with what works. dont forget to transplant a week or so prior to flip. bigger root equal bigger plant same goes with light size. if high temps are a concern look into leds. a lot to learn buddy, your at the right place any questions feel free to ask. i've seen sweet crops grown with flouro usually need to train well and have 300 plus watts. good luck

hiboy

hiboy

Your babies are looking dark green and healthy.
My tip is to get ur humidity up to 50%. Lots of water will be taken in if its floating in the air. Its even worth buying a humidifier for 40 bucks
h

T

Tbruze

alrite thanks man, and yea i thought ab a humidifier but im going to move it soon to a box in garage...more room, and im planning on sealing light for sure. and of course i need bigger lights im just waiting for all of the cash for em :/ but soon i will have it all hopefully just a little at a time and hopefully come up with some nice crops :)

Top Bottom