first grow, any suggesrions. Low yeild?

• Thread starter Fcd666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fcd666

Fcd666

I have a vivosun setup. First grow. No clue what I'm doing. Bag seeds. Started off in the sun for the first month, then got a tent to bring them in. I'm on week 4 of flowering. Do they look normal? They're in fox farm ocean something soil and have been getting big bloom and grow big from fox farm as well. The buds don't look big as they should.

First grow any suggesrions  low yeild
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 2
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 3
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 4
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 5
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 6
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 7
First grow any suggesrions  low yeild 8
PurpleD

PurpleD

Whats the wattage you are running? Cant really tell but you have temp, airflow, and Co2 control correct? They look fairly normal just maybe a tide on the small side. At 4 weeks this would be a good time for a booster. Pk 13/14 or flower fuel. I used in week 3-4 then again in 7 just before starting flush. Other than that, can’t think of anything other than what I mentioned. Genetics could play a role as well

Panhead59

Panhead59

When did you start your count in flower ? At the flip of light cycle or sometime at seeing buds ? Just wondering, many start their count at different times.

Fcd666

Fcd666

The temp is about 73 in there. I have a little fan circulating air around where the stalks come out of the soil and then the exhaust fan. I open the tent a few times a day to talk to them and tell them they're pretty. I had a 3rd one in there, but it almost died, sprang back to life, and then hermed out, do put that one outside just to let it do it's thing. I started the weekend count at when I flipped to 12/12. I wish I knew the genetics. One of them has a cirtusy smell and the other one is definitely not the same. The plant on the right has significantly more orange hairs and I've seen a few amber trichomes on it.

Ponky

Ponky

The temp is about 73 in there. I have a little fan circulating air around where the stalks come out of the soil and then the exhaust fan. I open the tent a few times a day to talk to them and tell them they're pretty. I had a 3rd one in there, but it almost died, sprang back to life, and then hermed out, do put that one outside just to let it do it's thing. I started the weekend count at when I flipped to 12/12. I wish I knew the genetics. One of them has a cirtusy smell and the other one is definitely not the same. The plant on the right has significantly more orange hairs and I've seen a few amber trichomes on it.
Kill hermies. Just get rid of em. They're a hassle.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Excellent job for first grow - they look happy and frosty! Great job!

PurpleD

PurpleD

73 is perfect. It could be a number of other things. I do think they are a bit on the small side but thats not a huge concern unless you are shooting for perfection for commerical grows or instagram likes, You can still grow dank bud without it being worthy of a High Times photo shoot (seems like you are concernced with density). It could also be the airflow and Co2 is not adequate. What wattage are you using for the 2 plants? Also, the fact that it's vivosun, those are just fluorecents right? or LED? Forgot to mention, I'm personally not a fan of Fox Farm nutes. I like their soil but did not have good results with their nutes. Could have just been chance but I've switched to a combination of GH for veg-grow-bloom, AN, H&G and couple others not too common. Try Rock Resinator in addittion to Massive by Green Planet ( if these things are in your budget). As well as maybe even consider a PK booster weeks 3-7 (might be too late, but if you have access to a booster like PK 13/14 try using it now).

Also, one last thing-make sure to prune leaves semi-frequently and tear off the small buds towards the bottom of the plant. It causes the plant to direct more resources (nutrients and water) to the top buds. Don't take off too many leaves, though. Just my advice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom