First grow, but something is off.

• Thread starter Scarecrow1g
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I actually run a 1000w blurple for veg as the blue keeps the node spacing real tight. I start under 8 noma grow bulbs. Running 3 tents I crop out every 25-35 days

Scarecrow1g

Scarecrow1g

Thanks everyone for the tips, I'm definitely avoiding burples. Now I'm down another rabbit hole on quantom boards. I only have one tent and its a 4x4 with a vent pulling air out up top and a fan blowing cool air in down low and two oscillating fans blowing air around towards the bottom of the plants. I think the idea of running multiple makes perfect sense, if one dies at least I have 3 others to cover it until a replacement arrived. What does everyone think of me running four of these lights in my 4x4? From what ive read this HGL company is very good and the quantom boards are supposed to be top quality. Here are the details on the boards pictured below,

HLG 100 V2 uses our custom designed High efficiency white light Quantum Boards and can be used for flowering upto 2'x2' space or vegging, clones in a 3'x3' space. With a total of 192 pcs Samsung LM301B LED's, this fixture produces 15, 000+ Lumens with just 95 Watts of power. Equivalent to 220W T5 or 300W CFL output or 200W metal halide. Can also be used as supplement light. Non-Dimmable Meanwell Power Supply included with NEMA 1-15p plug

Capture
Scarecrow1g

Scarecrow1g

OK so here is the newer version of that exact light, thoughts?

HLG 100 V2 uses our custom designed High efficiency white light Quantum Boards and can be used for flowering upto 2'x2' space or vegging, clones in a 3'x3' space. With a total of 192 pcs Samsung LM301B LED's, this fixture produces 15,000+ Lumens with just 95 Watts of power. Equivalent to 220W T5 or 300W CFL output or 200W metal halide. Can also be used as supplement light. Non-Dimmable Meanwell Power Supply included with NEMA 1-15p plug. Checkout HLG 100 V2 with 3000K option if looking for more Red/Warm spectrum for flowering.

Q
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
4 of those lights together is only 400w from the wall it's impossible for a light to make more light energy than the energy they consume imo. In reality any light will work to grow WEED. Even couple light sockets with splitters and twisty bulbs you can fit at least 8 100w cfl bulbs that's 800w for less than 100$. I'm a diy guy so I try to build as much as possible.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Here it's a mess right now because I haven't mounted the light sockets. Just for reference for you

IMG 20210314 144834
Scarecrow1g

Scarecrow1g

Since i already have two of these could I just buy two more? They seemed to work pretty good for my first grow. 150w from the wall so 600w if I buy two more? Or should I upgrade to quantom boards?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm surprised they list the actual wattage use. Idk if there a good lights as it's a very sketchy in the led world, tonnes of misinfo and advertising tricks to say anything without loads of info and research. When I bought my crap light it was something to get me thru but I ended up liking it like I said for tight nodes. A tool because I flower under a hps

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm a retard sorry I just reread your post and if you have 2 of em already why not get 2 more they can be daisy chained run them thru a power bar tho for your source protection

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Since i already have two of these could I just buy two more? They seemed to work pretty good for my first grow. 150w from the wall so 600w if I buy two more? Or should I upgrade to quantom boards?

If you are in for the 2, just pick up 2 more. That should make some real nice NuGGz in a 4x4 tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom