First Grow - CropKings: White Widow - Under Current DWC

• Thread starter ChadBroChillin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Alright Alright Alright!

Its time for my first grow! Ive got seeds in water getting all germed up

Im going with Cropkings white widow for my first run. I ordered some Ethos Morokan Kush but my order got forgotten for 3 weeks or so until i called wondering where it was. They no longer have the Kush so Im getting the Crescendo x1 whenever that manages to get here (ive been assured of some freebies as well).

I have a 4x8 tent with two 1000w lights in air cooled hoods, cooled by an infinity t6. I have another Infinity t6 hooked up to the filter extracting. Its in my cool basement, 15c and 55% humidity. I have the fans exhausting outdoors through a window panel; however I have the ability to unhook the light exhaust and vent into my basement or even into the tent itself should it ever require more heat or less humidity.

Im looking to do a journal from seed to harvest of these white widows, I want to see what this under current dwc can do. Ive owned a hydroponics store in the past, ive had tomato's in something similar in our show. I knew gear but i didnt know shit about growing really, the tomatos were fine but they could have been so much more.. Ive since learned a lot and am looking forward to making some killer fucking weed! I only want top shelf buds around here!

Ive also started an instagram: @ChadBroChillin

Thank you and please feel free to ask question, suggestions or just chat to be honest im quite bored these days since falling down a mountain, recovery has been slow and this is one of the main reasons ive decided to start growing, give myself a chill hobby that can make me some money and supply my weed and an opportunity to build community.

First grow   cropkings white widow   under current dwc
First grow   cropkings white widow   under current dwc 2
Last edited:
ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Update: Day 5

5 of 6 seeds showing amazing tap roots 3/4 inch long or so but we have one straggler at 1/4 inch tops. I decided to just go with it and see how it turns out. ive semi lost which one was the small taproot one, its one of two on the right side of the dome.

Soaked my rockwool cubes in 5.5 PH water PH'd using my hanna growlabs meter (this thing is amazing), and then placed seeds taproot down in the cubes which was not super easy as the tap roots were long and curved.

We finally have seeds in medium, I cant wait to see how this grow and new hobby progresses. Its my first hobby since I fell and could no longer shoot my bow.

Screenshot 2020 10 05 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Looking good so far! Rockwool has been trickier for me with seeds than jiffy pellets, but looks like you have it going well. This is a great hobby. Welcome to the farm!

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Looking good so far! Rockwool has been trickier for me with seeds than jiffy pellets, but looks like you have it going well. This is a great hobby. Welcome to the farm!

Thank you.

I went with them because i assumed they would cause less mess in my hydro system, less chance for bugs. The seedling stage is my least knowledgeable phase of growth. I contemplated very very hard on just placing the germinated seed in hydroton in my 6" net cups but i decided to get the rockwool cubes and the dome to get some roots going first.

If anyone has any knowledge on weather or not that works that would be amazing, also looking for opinions on the best way to go from germinated seed into 6" hydroton filled net cups.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i find those small rockwool cubes handy - i grow in soil mix, so i don't really have to use it.

but i do have a single pot DWC as an experiment....

i used cuttings - but once a root came thru the bottom of the cube, i placed this small cube into a 75 cm x 75 cm (maybe its 100 x 100 cm) larger cube - and then placed this larger cubed plant into the net pot mostly filled with clayballs. then placed this net pot so that the root is about an inch above the nutrient level of the reservoir. i did pour some weak nutrient solution occasionally over the clayballs as it established stronger/bigger root system.

as the plant grew larger, the reservoir level is lowering in the 20 litre bucket.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you.

I went with them because i assumed they would cause less mess in my hydro system, less chance for bugs. The seedling stage is my least knowledgeable phase of growth. I contemplated very very hard on just placing the germinated seed in hydroton in my 6" net cups but i decided to get the rockwool cubes and the dome to get some roots going first.

If anyone has any knowledge on weather or not that works that would be amazing, also looking for opinions on the best way to go from germinated seed into 6" hydroton filled net cups.
In my second grow i focused purely on root growth for the first 14 days and I think it set me up well compared to my first go. I would absolutely start her small so you can see what's happening and make sure she is happy early. Strong roots mean you can push nutes a bit more and just in general means good things for your plant's health.

So imo you are doing the right thing. What is your plan for seedling light? I like to sit at around 6-10k lux with my lights over the first week and push 20k at most in week two, but every spectrum is different and I don't have a quantum meter.

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

In my second grow i focused purely on root growth for the first 14 days and I think it set me up well compared to my first go. I would absolutely start her small so you can see what's happening and make sure she is happy early. Strong roots mean you can push nutes a bit more and just in general means good things for your plant's health.

So imo you are doing the right thing. What is your plan for seedling light? I like to sit at around 6-10k lux with my lights over the first week and push 20k at most in week two, but every spectrum is different and I don't have a quantum meter.

I have one of those short T5 HO bulbs, its 13W 6400k its sitting 7 inches above the plants, i have no idea how many lumens are hitting it. Once it gets some roots it will be under a 600w MH light which i will gradually increase to 1000.

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Day 7: 5 of the 6 seedlings are taking off, there is still one behind, it will probably be behind the entire time. Im going to call it bitch-brian.

We have our first roots coming out the bottom of the cubes!

Screenshot 2020 10 08 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos
ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Just setup this account. Will be following along. Good luck!

Thanks, that's nice to hear!

For the day 8 update:

The leaves on all the seedlings have spread out now and they are growing 3/4 of an inch per day or so. Ive noticed already that there are probably two different phenotype's if not three. Seedlings 1 2 and 5 are all the same height, seedlings 3 and 4 are about half an inch taller and 6 (Bitch Brian) has caught up a little so she may end up being one of the tall girls phenotypes. We shall see!

Lots of roots coming out the bottom I cant quite decide when i want to put them into the big system under real lights. For now I will mix up a very very light dose of fert and give the cubes a little water. I'm not sure if i've talked about fert yet. I'm going with Jacks 321 for the veg stage and then i will go with an augmented jacks for the flowering stage. I'm also going to be using 65% hypochlorite to keep my res clean. I'm armed with an accurate scale and an magnetic mixer.

Screenshot 2020 10 09 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos

My original seed order has finally arrived!!! So excited. I should have waited maybe since these will be late for Christmas as is anyway but what can you do!!

121111598 3598365670203344 8477952335617451973 n

GreenFlowerer

GreenFlowerer

I have a buddy running them now. Those Ethos Crescendo are nice

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Nice! Do you have any pictures? Excited to see what they look like at the different stages of growth. I havnt seen any full grow logs for any ethos seeds.

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Looks nice!!

Ill have a day 9 update soon, Its been a long day.

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Day 9 update:

I finished the main grow room. Turns out i had a lot more to do than i thought. Thankfully my amazing girlfriend helped me get it all done. Water is heavy. Will work out a better system later. Had to plumb in all the air lines and air stones, transplant the babies, clean the hydroton etc etc etc

I mixed up a 1/4 strength batch of jacks 321 and ph is steady at 6.5 and 350 ppm

Seeding in her new home!

Screenshot 2020 10 11 colinbell  colinbell010  Instagram photos and videos
ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Its day 16 now. I decided to give it a week since there isnt much growth at this stage. Last night I saw a huge jump in size compared to the last few days of very slow but steady growth.

I've lowered the lights another 6 inches I think it's probably about 28 to 32 inches above.

Room temps run a solid 24c atm in the shade. My rez is running a little warmer at 26 or so. I think some mylar covers for the black buckets would help significantly.

Humidity in the room is sitting at 50% but I expect that to rise as the plants get bigger. Humidity in my basement is 60%. But I have a few cracks to seal in some old windows that might help lower that. I've also got the fan from my lights heating and drying the area.

Ph is steady at 6.0

Ppm steady at 380 last update I said 350 but it was 380 (500 scale). the white stuff is calcium hypochlorit.

20201014 165215
20201014 170304
20201017 230350
20201015 163858
20201017 230506
20201017 230409
20201017 230513
20201015 163839

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Day 18:

was more steady growth. I did a full res change with 380 ppm of Jack's PhD to 6.0. Room temps are 25c water temps are also 25c. I really need to figure out something for the buckets but dont want cheap mylar glued to them.
20201020 174955

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Day 25 Update: Most plants working on their 4th set of leaves. #2 struggles mightily, must be some sort of genetic disorder meanwhile bitch-brian is growing nicely just a few days behind!

We have the first roots coming out the bottom of the net pots which is a very good sign and something I've been waiting for.

I was ambitious and had hoped I wouldnt need a chiller but unfortunately not all plans work as.. planned... so a water chiller is in the works. I'm thinking a 1/10 hp chiller should be fine for my grow room which should have about 40-45 gal in it. I need to lower the temps about 6.5C in the res. If you know of any good deals on chillers atm please let me know! so far i think the best ive found is about 500cdn for an ecoplus 1/10hp

#grownwithtegridy

Screenshot 2020 10 26 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos4
Screenshot 2020 10 26 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos3
Screenshot 2020 10 26 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos2
Screenshot 2020 10 26 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos1
Screenshot 2020 10 26 ChadBroChillin  chadbrochillin  Instagram photos and videos

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking great bro. I would pour a cup of nutrient solution over the top once a week to prevent that buildup in the hydroton.

Nice color on those plants not overfeeding and healthy

ChadBroChillin

ChadBroChillin

Looking great bro. I would pour a cup of nutrient solution over the top once a week to prevent that buildup in the hydroton.

Nice color on those plants not overfeeding and healthy

Yeah the buildup is calcium hyperchlorite, its because i put too much in the first time, i have since poured solution over to clean the tops a bunch!

Top Bottom