i cant seem to find anything saying which kind is bad, but ive looked at about 10 leaves and either they didnt have any on them or their wasnt many. says a good way to get rid of them is to use diluted alcohol, but i dont know if that would mess with the buds.
alright so i ended up pinching off a lot of leaves, partly because i needed to and mostly because the lower leaves seemed to be the ones infected and thought it would just be best to get rid of them considering it was overcrowded and they werent getting much light anyway. i pinched every other leaf through my fingers and checked every leaf again with the microscope and didnt spot another one.
i guess i need to keep an eye out through the week.
Not gonna update on each time I water anymore as it seems pointless, but I'm pretty sure I got rid of the mites after 4 or 5 days of cleaning the plant and tent. They may come back but I guess I can always try out washing, been looking into that lately.