First grow diary, bear with me.

• Thread starter Thunderstrut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

So, I just recently decided to join a forum and the help has been amazing. It made me want to try out making a grow diary. I dont know what all I should be posting, but I'll throw in anything I can think of.

These seeds are the product of two plants I experimented breeding together just to try it out and see and what I would get. The parents are big bud auto and black widow.

They were germinated in water and thrown in the dirt on 4/25and sprouted around 4/28.

Im using roughly 50% Foxfarm ocean forest and 50% perlite with silica, humid acid, raw up, and mycorrhizae. I transplanted from the solo cup to a 5g cloth pot I believe on 5/10(next time I'll start this from seed and actually keep record haha).

So far I've only watered with a half gallon each of tap water around 170 ppm ph'd to 6.3 when they were transplanted and again on 5/15. Before that I was using about 1/4 water bottle for the seedlings in the cups.

Plants were topped once the 5th node was developed on 5/15 and I plan on mainling to have up to 8 or 16 tops.

Sorry this is a tad long, but since I'm starting this late I figure I should give some background. Will move them into the grow tent when I'm ready to flower since it's currently in use with another plant in flower(not what I wanted to happen it just kinna worked out that way).

Here are some pictures of them so far:
20210518_214500.jpg
20210518_214506.jpg

First grow diary bear with me 4

Here is what I am/will be using to grow:
20210518_214630.jpg

@Aqua Man

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, I just recently decided to join a forum and the help has been amazing. It made me want to try out making a grow diary. I dont know what all I should be posting, but I'll throw in anything I can think of.

These seeds are the product of two plants I experimented breeding together just to try it out and see and what I would get. The parents are big bud auto and black widow.

They were germinated in water and thrown in the dirt on 4/25and sprouted around 4/28.

Im using roughly 50% Foxfarm ocean forest and 50% perlite with silica, humid acid, raw up, and mycorrhizae. I transplanted from the solo cup to a 5g cloth pot I believe on 5/10(next time I'll start this from seed and actually keep record haha).

So far I've only watered with a half gallon each of tap water around 170 ppm ph'd to 6.3 when they were transplanted and again on 5/15. Before that I was using about 1/4 water bottle for the seedlings in the cups.

Plants were topped once the 5th node was developed on 5/15 and I plan on mainling to have up to 8 or 16 tops.

Sorry this is a tad long, but since I'm starting this late I figure I should give some background.

Here are some pictures of them so far:
View attachment 1125980View attachment 1125981

Here is what I am/will be using to grow:
View attachment 1125982

@Aqua Man
Nice to see ya start one brother.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the support! I was just about to check and see if you had any more guides you've posted to learn a thing or two.
Not much on soil... pretty much PH, watering and VPD. I think I linked the other 2 if not here ya go.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

Not much on soil... pretty much PH, watering and VPD. I think I linked the other 2 if not here ya go.

I'm currently reading through all of the PH explanation. I've been so adamant about getting the PH to 6.3 after nutrients are added that I got into a pretty heated argument about it with a friend haha. So essentially what i'm gathering is me getting it to 6.3 is mostly irrelevant in soil. I've been using a tsp of vinegar to achieve that, so i assume that's incorrect as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm currently reading through all of the PH explanation. I've been so adamant about getting the PH to 6.3 after nutrients are added that I got into a pretty heated argument about it with a friend haha. So essentially what i'm gathering is me getting it to 6.3 is mostly irrelevant in soil. I've been using a tsp of vinegar to achieve that, so i assume that's incorrect as well.
Oh yeah don't use vinegar and imo no need to ph at all the soil will do that. Plus vinegar only lasts a n extremely short time even in hydro

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

Oh yeah don't use vinegar and imo no need to ph at all the soil will do that. Plus vinegar only lasts a n extremely short time even in hydro
Yeah I didn't even think about that either. I knew it didn't last long, but never crossed my mind that it was useless to adjust. Just budget growing I guess lol. Any household products I can use the better.

Essentially, I will just need to buy new soil each grow, or buy stuff to buffer the old soil to get more uses. Guessing the latter is cheapest in the long run.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I didn't even think about that either. I knew it didn't last long, but never crossed my mind that it was useless to adjust. Just budget growing I guess lol. Any household products I can use the better.

Essentially, I will just need to buy new soil each grow, or buy stuff to buffer the old soil to get more uses. Guessing the latter is cheapest in the long run.
Yeah just dolomite lime and a small amount of hydrated lime to start out. The organic guys are better to answer that.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

Yeah just dolomite lime and a small amount of hydrated lime to start out. The organic guys are better to answer that.
Yeah, im pretty much learning that im a monkey trying to figure out the universe after reading the comments on the PH post. I truly dont know how to feed my plants anymore haha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, im pretty much learning that im a monkey trying to figure out the universe after reading the comments on the PH post. I truly dont know how to feed my plants anymore haha.
There is no single way to do things... some work better than others but every change you make can affect many other things. Indoor is a bit more of a pita because we need to try to play God... outside nature does that all for us.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

There is no single way to do things... some work better than others but every change you make can affect many other things. Indoor is a bit more of a pita because we need to try to play God... outside nature does that all for us.
If outdoor was an option for me i'd move it out there tomorrow after reading how much more involved just the feeding is. I just need one of those much more intelligent than I people to create a rough feeding chart with my ingredients and what and how to mix with the proper temps, ppm, and ph haha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If outdoor was an option for me i'd move it out there tomorrow after reading how much more involved just the feeding is. I just need one of those much more intelligent than I people to create a rough feeding chart with my ingredients and what and how to mix with the proper temps, ppm, and ph haha.
It will come.. just pick 1 topic at a time and learn it... there is not one way to do anything so learn and then try out what you think will work for you.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

It will come.. just pick 1 topic at a time and learn it... there is not one way to do anything so learn and then try out what you think will work for you.
Yeah for sure. I've got about 10 tabs open for me to read through tomorrow on the topic. Most of why I love growing so far is the challenge. This is pretty daunting, but ill for sure know more tomorrow than what I know today.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

Why do so many people grow In soil over coco ?

Thought coco was supposed to be better ?
I don't know how to grow in coco, so the results would probably be a disaster. Its something I plan on working my way toward, but for now soil is much easier. Same reason I didn't jump straight into hydroponics as a brand new grower.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I don't know how to grow in coco, so the results would probably be a disaster. Its something I plan on working my way toward, but for now soil is much easier. Same reason I didn't jump straight into hydroponics as a brand new grower.
I’m on my first proper grow and I jumped straight to coco and it is quite easy mate. Explosive growth also

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

I’m on my first proper grow and I jumped straight to coco and it is quite easy mate. Explosive growth also
I originally bought coco to start, but after reading some through some peoples posts about it, it seemed to be much more difficult to manage.

It's something I plan on doing and maybe I'll try it out next grow, but I've only ever worked with soil in landscaping so it was a comfort pick.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

All strains take diffrent PH and EC and if clones from other people your best of using the same as they do if u get clones from some one who used canna RHIZO is like crack to them and won't go as good as there's if u don't use it on them and it's your grow room and how it is set up makes all the difference when using clones from same room they adapt to the environment what they have been submitted to as I do one strain it takes a couple crops to work out what nutes works best for it and study the plants leaf feel and colour it looks to know if to weaken feed down till it's ready again to run back to normal EC again 👻🚂🎱🤜🤛there's my two Bob's worth lol🤣😜👌💯

Latest posts

Top Bottom