first grow diary - yep...bagseed I know but, when I can forget I'm partaking, then sure.

• Thread starter lunarob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lunarob

lunarob

1st Grow
300 LED watt 150 watt HPS
plus some cfl/flourescent
organic and synthetic
fish fert/Fox Farm Bloom
good bugs...bad bugs...

....well...the first to go as planned even though bare boned. The last years I can chuck up to tech research (smart ass cool ideas plus being broke) and soil development (called time plus being broke). Buutttt I got to see what kills and how, no-till benefits on a small scale, and many nuances that I believe I might've missed if I had done everything right away with one method where I'm sure I would've developed bad habits. I've been made aware of interrupting process myself, mostly overparenting plants, and trusting what those whom have come before have taught me through forums such as these. So many videos and bs to filter thru. So I kept it simple and had to keep myself stupid because thinking killed everything....letting go has given me a harvest I am picking at while it's drying and curing. It seems to be a decent harvest surprisingly. I want to judge a kushy varietal..you tell me. So far I'm testing little buds from less to more frosty. Cerebrally buzz so far...forget I'm smoking...It's bagseed and I am just seeing if I have any decent keeps. This I'd rather learn withou attachments. Otherwise I'll actually move on to verified stock that I won't kill this time. Time will tell. Anyways, my next ones are already starting off better. Soil has softened in strength. I'm dealing effectivelly with thrips. And I'm training all clones in advance of flower. All while learning how my harvest develops during curing. It'll be gone before I can appreciate it's full character. But you probably know this...
thanks to the community for the knowledge...a happiness to grow and a joy to enjoy what I've put energy and care into. Don't judge too harshly.....I really can't care much.

lunarob

First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 9
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 8
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 7
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 6
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 5
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 4
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 3
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure 2
First grow diary   yepbagseed i know but when i can forget im partaking then sure

lunarob

lunarob

So I reckon, after chewing some nugs towards the end, I've pulled off about 2 ounces(?). I'm being generous in my assessment. Leave me alone. I've come to realize that cultivating can be as risky as fishing....tall tales. But seriously i'm happy to finally get to this humble point. I'm a recovering heroin addict. If you have experience with this then you may understand powerlessness and the phenomena this encompasses. Having a harvest means I don't have to rely on the street and dealers where relapse can be seconds away. Heroin wins through experience.. but it seems doing well for me includes having medicine. Cannabis has always been a godsend and lately more so. More clean time with the help of medicine...anyday. Not looking to debate this stuff. What works for me may not work for others. And I've debated myself and have found that...hey! I always win with myself. Ah....to be human. Anyways I have an ever increasing respect and love for this plant and the spirit therein. Gardening also ... wow... another aspect of the human experience to appreciate. And soil science... a definite fetish now. This harvest comes at at an interesting time as I'm aiming to focus on combining cultivation with my culinary background. Want to get off my ass and be of service to others, other veterans as well, as a personal chef and, hopefully, as laws change, freely incorporate medicine into the picture. I realize this has nothing to do with my grow diary. Is there a culinary thread here? I'm sure there is. Ahhh... I'm talking to myself. Anyways....be kind and kind to yourself. Thanks for dropping by.

lunarob

2019 05 10 015426
2019 05 10 014909
2019 05 10 015128

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

So I reckon, after chewing some nugs towards the end, I've pulled off about 2 ounces(?). I'm being generous in my assessment. Leave me alone. I've come to realize that cultivating can be as risky as fishing....tall tales. But seriously i'm happy to finally get to this humble point. I'm a recovering heroin addict. If you have experience with this then you may understand powerlessness and the phenomena this encompasses. Having a harvest means I don't have to rely on the street and dealers where relapse can be seconds away. Heroin wins through experience.. but it seems doing well for me includes having medicine. Cannabis has always been a godsend and lately more so. More clean time with the help of medicine...anyday. Not looking to debate this stuff. What works for me may not work for others. And I've debated myself and have found that...hey! I always win with myself. Ah....to be human. Anyways I have an ever increasing respect and love for this plant and the spirit therein. Gardening also ... wow... another aspect of the human experience to appreciate. And soil science... a definite fetish now. This harvest comes at at an interesting time as I'm aiming to focus on combining cultivation with my culinary background. Want to get off my ass and be of service to others, other veterans as well, as a personal chef and, hopefully, as laws change, freely incorporate medicine into the picture. I realize this has nothing to do with my grow diary. Is there a culinary thread here? I'm sure there is. Ahhh... I'm talking to myself. Anyways....be kind and kind to yourself. Thanks for dropping by.

lunarob

View attachment 869753View attachment 869754View attachment 869755
What up fellow addict?!
Cool setup (I love mixing led and hps etc also) nice job! Nothin like a good ol harvest. Nobody here is looking to make fun of a dude growing some smoke. That’s what it’s all about buddy. Whether you got an autoflower plant in a window or a massive warehouse of plants.
If you’d like some constructive criticism you could have gone another week but I’ve also harvested a wee bit early more than once haha. Welcome to the farm brother

lunarob

lunarob

What up fellow addict?!
Cool setup (I love mixing led and hps etc also) nice job! Nothin like a good ol harvest. Nobody here is looking to make fun of a dude growing some smoke. That’s what it’s all about buddy. Whether you got an autoflower plant in a window or a massive warehouse of plants.
If you’d like some constructive criticism you could have gone another week but I’ve also harvested a wee bit early more than once haha. Welcome to the farm brother
Thanks for droppin by brother. Yeah...I felt that "another or a couple more weeks". I have excuses....smoke being the first followed by thrips. lost my eye loop which I'm sure would've kept me patient. Mostly I wanted to jump into the follow up clones which I've trained. I've hardly have had herb where I knew the varietal so, even though I can judge sativa/indica physical characteristics, I'm not familiar at identifying diesel, kush, skunk expressions. During this grow there were notes of diesel, coffee, peanut butter, chocolate, and lemon. Any input on what I may have in your opinion would be appreciated. Anyone else with input is appreciated as well. Thanks. Be well.....

lunarob

lunarob

oh yeah....also the light combo is simply economic but I think I would still gravitate towards the "a little bit of everything" philosophy, same with organic and synthetic media and nutrients. Gives me a bit of familiarity with different methods. Looking forward to Farm community. Already blessed.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Thanks for droppin by brother. Yeah...I felt that "another or a couple more weeks". I have excuses....smoke being the first followed by thrips. lost my eye loop which I'm sure would've kept me patient. Mostly I wanted to jump into the follow up clones which I've trained. I've hardly have had herb where I knew the varietal so, even though I can judge sativa/indica physical characteristics, I'm not familiar at identifying diesel, kush, skunk expressions. During this grow there were notes of diesel, coffee, peanut butter, chocolate, and lemon. Any input on what I may have in your opinion would be appreciated. Anyone else with input is appreciated as well. Thanks. Be well.....
Sounds like a cool strain man. Sometimes it’s worth coughing up some money for good genetics but I’ve found good mystery bag strains as well. Can be a risk of wasted time if it’s herm seed or just shit. A Kenny Rogers gambler situation lol.
On a warm summers eve
On a traaain bound fer nowhere...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The biggest upside with growing purchased genetics is knowledge. Most breeders will clue you in and you can compare results with others to dial things in. That being said not all breeders are worth a shit. Do your research and find a good one and don’t be afraid to plop down the cash. You’ll be rewarded with results and bragging rights ;-)

Kudos on your grow and welcome to the farm. It only gets better from here on out. Welcome to the team!

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

What up fellow addict?!

What are you seeing or not seeing to make this determination. I would like to learn for when it comes time in a few weeks.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

The biggest upside with growing purchased genetics is knowledge. Most breeders will clue you in and you can compare results with others to dial things in. That being said not all breeders are worth a shit. Do your research and find a good one and don’t be afraid to plop down the cash. You’ll be rewarded with results and bragging rights ;-)

Kudos on your grow and welcome to the farm. It only gets better from here on out. Welcome to the team!

What is the price range for that grow rack on your website, I can't get into the store. The one for residential with the black sliding cover.

FTCG

FTCG

@lunarob

Rob, very inspiring. Taking things into your own hands and getting away from the bad ones is about the best thing you can do in your situation.

I want to say early harvest is not always bad. I believe in the medinical properties and uplifting and energetic feelings recieved from smoking fresh, live marijuana. A lot of these heavy indicas can be harvested a bit early when the trichs are still clear, and it ends up being a very clear headed and calm experience in my opinion.

Lol, I got some tears in my eyes just thinking about the hardship of addiction. Just went through a year of hell with my ex as she came out of it. Went through so much pain, and heartache and almost lost her a couple times. Very stressful, one of the things that helped her was early harvest cannabis with no heavy couchlock effects.

If you ever need anything we got you. Good people on here. And if you find yourself ever in need some support send a pm.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

What are you seeing or not seeing to make this determination. I would like to learn for when it comes time in a few weeks.
If your buds have white hairs still it’s a no go. When Calyxes (prob misspelled) fill out and when some of the little shiny bawlz get amber. (Jewlers loop or close up pic) hit up the ol search bar and have a gander. You’ll get an eye for it after a few grows. I rarely rely on checking with the loop these days

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What is the price range for that grow rack on your website, I can't get into the store. The one for residential with the black sliding cover.

I’ve temporarily stopped offering that model to the general public. I’ve been too busy lately to fill orders so I’ve taken it off the sites it was listed on.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I’ve temporarily stopped offering that model to the general public. I’ve been too busy lately to fill orders so I’ve taken it off the sites it was listed on.

That's a nifty rack! Never a bad thing to be too busy! $$ lol

E

eirI

Any grow that makes the grower happy is a good grow. Congrats.
What up fellow addict?!
Thank you for your testimony. I was once there too. Keep up the good work

lunarob

lunarob

@lunarob

Rob, very inspiring. Taking things into your own hands and getting away from the bad ones is about the best thing you can do in your situation.

I want to say early harvest is not always bad. I believe in the medinical properties and uplifting and energetic feelings recieved from smoking fresh, live marijuana. A lot of these heavy indicas can be harvested a bit early when the trichs are still clear, and it ends up being a very clear headed and calm experience in my opinion.

Lol, I got some tears in my eyes just thinking about the hardship of addiction. Just went through a year of hell with my ex as she came out of it. Went through so much pain, and heartache and almost lost her a couple times. Very stressful, one of the things that helped her was early harvest cannabis with no heavy couchlock effects.

If you ever need anything we got you. Good people on here. And if you find yourself ever in need some support send a pm.
Ummm...always amazed at what happens when one (I) shows up. How else can I expect to break from isolation. And we all share, perhaps not the story, but certainly chapters of this heartache. The erosion that happens after years of softer, easier measures against addiction. I lost my brother and I empathize with your experience of a past love still loved slipping in and out. The characters can be reaaranged for their faults and ignoranc... all come out...if ever..with heavy hearts. Evidence of compassion and unconditional love in the face of vulnerability. Evidence that there is heart. Enough for me. I am at a stage where I am, with cultivation even at a smalll scale, realizing I am loving this plant so much more because that love is eclipsing opiates. Leaving opiates isnleaving a dysfunctional relationship and there is that chemical love so inseparable from real affection...how it substitutes everything!.Y

E

eirI

Ummm...always amazed at what happens when one (I) shows up. How else can I expect to break from isolation. And we all share, perhaps not the story, but certainly chapters of this heartache. The erosion that happens after years of softer, easier measures against addiction. I lost my brother and I empathize with your experience of a past love still loved slipping in and out. The characters can be reaaranged for their faults and ignoranc... all come out...if ever..with heavy hearts. Evidence of compassion and unconditional love in the face of vulnerability. Evidence that there is heart. Enough for me. I am at a stage where I am, with cultivation even at a smalll scale, realizing I am loving this plant so much more because that love is eclipsing opiates. Leaving opiates isnleaving a dysfunctional relationship and there is that chemical love so inseparable from real affection...how it substitutes everything!.Y
Wow well said.

lunarob

lunarob

oops..hit reply too soon but...
Yes..I agree with early harvest for distinct terp medical profiles. Also even seeded profiles. Thanks for droppung by and excuse my stream of consc if its lengthy. Just a post and I got some community...be well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom