[First Grow] Early harvest due to Rain and Mold, how much did i loose?

• Thread starter Avipt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Avipt

So due to heaps of rain and cold and cause of mold on one of my plants, i didt wanna risk the entire crop so i harvested the other day. My question is. being my first ever grow. How much potency and yield do you think ive lost?

The breeder said outdoor harvest est 120 days, i think these plants went 12 weeks. its autoflower mix indica sativa from Norden seeds. AK47 auto. Id say the pistills are 80-90% brown and it looks like they have retracted creating pods lookin things.

Now i didt have a scope so i used phone cam, and while i couldt see that clearly i think i did see some yellow reflections from the trichs that my cam light picked up, could it be amber?

Now since i didt wanna loose it all i didt really had a choice anyway.

First grow early harvest due to rain and mold how much did i loose
First grow early harvest due to rain and mold how much did i loose 2
First grow early harvest due to rain and mold how much did i loose 3
First grow early harvest due to rain and mold how much did i loose 4
BudBogart

BudBogart

You did a great job getting those buds on your first grow. This group of growers may have offered alternatives to harvesting before you felt they were ready. Feel free to do your next grow in a grow diary here, where you can get ample help to improve the skills you already possess.

A

Avipt

You did a great job getting those buds on your first grow. This group of growers may have offered alternatives to harvesting before you felt they were ready. Feel free to do your next grow in a grow diary here, where you can get ample help to improve the skills you already possess.
Aye i should have, well whats done is done.It was done more out of necesity rather than something i wanted to do. Didt wanna risk mold spreading. i hope curing might help with some potency atleast

Last edited:
A

Avipt

Heres a closeup on a lower bud its really Hard to see, i think i saw some cloudy atleast

IMG 20190815 162642
A

Avipt

as im freaking out due to all the work to let mothernature screw me over, can a good cure atleast make it somewhat pleasent?

Dan789

Dan789

If you’ve harvested, get your plants hanging where there’s some air movement, prefer indoors, out of the sun. I usually trim as I hang the stems, everyone does it a little different. Humidity, air movement and temperature are important...good luck, it’s all on you to finish this grow up.

P.S. stop worrying about shit you can’t control, focus on what you can...

A

Avipt

If you’ve harvested, get your plants hanging where there’s some air movement, prefer indoors, out of the sun. I usually trim as I hang the stems, everyone does it a little different. Humidity, air movement and temperature are important...good luck, it’s all on you to finish this grow up.

P.S. stop worrying about shit you can’t control, focus on what you can...

Thank you sir, i will do my very best to save this harvest ^^

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

cant really tell,you need to invest in a loupe for sure next time,done is done cant turn the clock back,dry and cure smoke and then you will know,in this game you got to roll with the punch you did ,im sure you will be okay,i take mine right when i see about a 1/3rd of them amber,i dont like couch lock,more speedy buzz with all cloudy and few amber for me

A

Avipt

cant really tell,you need to invest in a loupe for sure next time,done is done cant turn the clock back,dry and cure smoke and then you will know,in this game you got to roll with the punch you did ,im sure you will be okay,i take mine right when i see about a 1/3rd of them amber,i dont like couch lock,more speedy buzz with all cloudy and few amber for me

Yeah, it was not my plan, but i had a friend who lost half his plant to mold, so i felt better safe than sorry

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah, it was not my plan, but i had a friend who lost half his plant to mold, so i felt better safe than sorry
think you said 12 weeks in flower,if that the case your looking more at sativa plants and 12 weeks to 16 weeks is normal

A

Avipt

think you said 12 weeks in flower,if that the case your looking more at sativa plants and 12 weeks to 16 weeks is normal

well it said that this Autoflower was 60/40 i dont know wich one is the main strain, honestly i dont know much about this only that its a mix :p and it said aprox 120 days outdoors and mine are around 95 days.

A

Avipt

I have now read that curing does improve potency due to it activating the chemicals somewhat? im just curious if its barerly noticeable or by how much? %? Could not find any answer on that :/ Wow there is so much to learn, to bad i botched my first grow :(

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have now read that curing does improve potency due to it activating the chemicals somewhat? im just curious if its barerly noticeable or by how much? %? Could not find any answer on that :/ Wow there is so much to learn, to bad i botched my first grow :(
i disagree,you didnt botch nothing you did learn something,even if it just gives you a small buzz ,its a buzz you didnt have and will tied you over to get another crop in ,once you have smoke the patience thing goes out the window and improvements are meet

A

Avipt

i disagree,you didnt botch nothing you did learn something,even if it just gives you a small buzz ,its a buzz you didnt have and will tied you over to get another crop in ,once you have smoke the patience thing goes out the window and improvements are meet

Thanks for the calming words ^^

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the calming words ^^
i cant even remember how long ago it was with my first grow,waiting for the shit to get ready,ahhahah defoilate i swear i invented way back then ,i smoke the shit out fan leaves to get a buzz waiting on them bitchs hahahah even to this day i still learn as i go ,you have too every day is new,when the lord lets you wake up that morning ,thats as good as it get,the rest of the day is up to you bad or good,just saying

Top Bottom