First grow ever is in the build phase. Any help would be appreciated.

• Thread starter Se7enSwords
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Se7enSwords

Se7enSwords

My wife and I are building a room for our new hobby. We have a 10x13x7.5 room in a basement that will be insulated with mold resistant drywall + membrane paint + NRP sheeting. Completely sealing the room with the exception. Of the intake(HEPA) and exhaust(carbon filter w/10” AC infinity fan. The flooring will be white epoxy 100% solids.

We will be running 1 Fluence spyder 2i to start with the intentions of adding two more later.

We are loving the idea of living soil. I ordered a 4x4 grassroots living soil lined bed with a BluMat watering system. I plan on hooking up a direct sediment/chlorine filtration system to the pressure reducer. And watering through the soak hose.

what are the best soils to go with if I’m not comfortable mixing my own yet. Is Build a soil a good choice if I just want a yard of precooked soil? Anything you experienced guys would change about the setup?

We will have a 2x4 tent outside the room to hold a couple mothers and do some cloning. What would be the minimum size pot for a mother in living soil? Is it beneficial to keep the mother in the same type of soil to promote the communication genetically?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
quite the undertaking! good luck with it all. that is a nice BIG area! first time big time! lol

airedog

airedog

Supporter
If you are in Southern Ontario, Black Swallow has some nice soil mixes. They also sell cover crop seeds, and other gear. Are you going to supplement with compost tea?

Se7enSwords

Se7enSwords

If you are in Southern Ontario, Black Swallow has some nice soil mixes. They also sell cover crop seeds, and other gear. Are you going to supplement with compost tea?
I’m in Michigan. I do plan to try some teas, but I hear some of the hardcore advocates saying that the soil makes the tea of everything is in check. I’m not opposed to teas. I do know a lab near by where I can get regular testing of the plants and soil.

Top Bottom