First grow ever

• Thread starter Greengod12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greengod12

I want to enter the world of growing. im a complete noob, but i have read a bit about growing techniques.
i need some help with getting started with the growing room.

i have a 9x9 room available , which i want to put 2 tents in. one for veg and one for bloom, so i can get a constant harvest. im going to grow in DWC

My question is , which tent size should i buy to fit 2 in this room?
how many plants would fit in each tent? ( i have thought about 4? in scrog )
which light to buy? and how many.

would 2 x Viparspectra R900 one in each tent be enough?

what would be the maxium yield with this kind of setup?

Bugdet is around 1.000 - 1.600

i appriciate all help

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

why use tent? tack a 2x4 to ceiling and run a curtain across room, one side darked out,use the house ac and save money,far as that goes while vegging stagered lights dont bother them at all you can put them right in living room or equvialnt just saying,gear cost have sky rocket save money

Munch517

Munch517

You could do a flower area twice as big as your veg area if you want to max things out. It's possible to feed a 4x8 flowering area from 4x4 veg area with each half of your flower harvest a half cycle off from each other, you will need extra space and a small light for clones though. As someone who built rooms in my basement I can say just doing tents inside your room isn't a bad idea at all. I'd plan on a 4x4 veg and 4x8 flower tent if you could access them the way your room is set up. That budget isn't going to adequately fit out that whole setup though (or even two 4x4 tents), I'd start with a single 4x4 tent for full cycle and that will still probably run you over $1k.

I'd buy a similar (real) wattage hps or cmh over Viparspectra or similar lights. The cheapest I'd go on lights for a 4x4 would be 2 Mars sp250s (~$270/each), they'd be decent for flower but more than adequate for veg later on. For your eventual flower tent I'd get two high ppfd led lights for 4x4 coverage, they're worth every penny in saved electricity and increased yield. The hlg 600h is probably the cheapest highly efficient, high ppfd 4x4 light at $750, similar lights get significantly more expensive from there.

I've done 6 plants in a 4x4 area in 5 gallon pots for a quick veg time. I'm probably going to switch to 4 plants in larger (7 gallon??) pots. I'd expect over a pound from a 4x4 area, with the hlg or similar lights, good genetics and doing things right you could get over 2 pounds even without Co2. Good genetics are the key to yield and a lot of other things, I'm fortunate in that I know a lot of growers who have looked out for me in that regard.

Do you know all the other odds and ends you're going to need? There's a lot to it and you want to plan ahead rather than be playing catch up in mid flower.

I can't offer much advice on dwc other than that I wouldn't really recommend it if you're not decently familiar with growing already. Soil is much, much more forgiving.

Top Bottom