First Grow/first Harvest - Tricomes?

• Thread starter Kevled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevled

Kevled

When checking a sugar leaf under a microscope, tricomes are mostly cloudy 70 - 80% with about 5 - 10% amber. When looking at bud material under microscope, the tricomes seem closer to 70 - 80% clear, with no amber, which is a better indicator of harvest time and why do the tricomes on the sugar leaves seem further along then those on the buds?

Monster762

Monster762

Sugar leaves ripen faster. You want to check trichs on buds. Different buds will be different ripeness depending on light and air to them. So I usually just go by a good middle bud. Not top cola but say one coming off lower end of it.
I personally avoid amber trichs but if my middle bud is cloudy lemonade. The whole plant comes out good. Even the popcorns.
The tops be a little riper cause of more light n airflow to em.
But overall answer is to check buds not sugar leaves.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Sugar leaves ripen faster. You want to check trichs on buds. Different buds will be different ripeness depending on light and air to them. So I usually just go by a good middle bud. Not top cola but say one coming off lower end of it.
I personally avoid amber trichs but if my middle bud is cloudy lemonade. The whole plant comes out good. Even the popcorns.
The tops be a little riper cause of more light n airflow to em.
But overall answer is to check buds not sugar leaves.
Exactly what he said! ^^^^^
You can also harvest in stages as buds ripen.

Dan789

Dan789

As Buzzer777 said, as the top cola’s fall into your cloudy/amber range chop them, open up more of the plant to your light, even an op to lower light.

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

To the op, you may find that the apical flowers are ripening along nicely, don't expect the entire plant to follow suit. My suggestion is to dilogently scope the apical flowers and allow the pistils to fully swell, calyxes to recede back,( I hope I described that right) and use those as much of a guide as the glandular trichromes. Harvest those flowers that meet this criteria and allow the remainder of the plant to catch up and ripen as well! I gotta say u came to the right website to ask this!

N

Nate320

A44FE5D4 7825 42EC B2DC 3407A95FF91E
317DA772 C98A 49EF 9CB7 2085DDD63781
Exactly what he said! ^^^^^
You can also harvest in stages as buds ripen.
Hello guys im near the end of my first inside grow. I have a Chem og auto. Just wondering what others opinion is about if my plant is ready.

N

Nate320

N

Nate320

Same problem..Get a cheap 30-60x loupe..Also look at the trichs on the buds and not the sugar leaves..Only
the grower/consumer can decide when, since he/she knows what stone they want. (samples work too).

From that distance..everything looks cloudy with no amber to be seen.
That’s what I’m seeing with jewellers loupe too. I don’t like couch lock.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I don’t even use my loup these days. Just when I feel it’s good I wait another 5-7 days lol. Then it’s actually ready

Top Bottom