First grow - Harvest - NEED ADVICE!

• Thread starter PadawanBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

Hey everyone, lots of love from Buffalo. First time grower with organic soil, using fox farm ocean mix and natures living soil mixed with great results so far. I've treated Kyle Kushmans grow your own series as a bible of sorts, but I have a question in regards to harvesting. From my research it seems people only do this 2 ways - the wet trim method where you cut down individual branches and then hang or people hanging the entire plant and then manicuring after. Kyle suggests cutting fan leaves and then hanging the entire plant, then fine trimming afterward. Could I combine the 2 ways? Is it taboo to trim my buds as much as possible, fan leaves and sugar leaves, like you would with the wet trim method, without cutting off individual branches and then hanging the entire plant? So, kind of a hybrid between the 2 methods? Any and all advice or tips would be appreciated.

I attached a few photos of what I have going on. LSD and Amnesia haze. Only 2 plants because my tent is tiny. All together photo first, then LSD, then AH.
First grow   harvest   need advice
First grow   harvest   need advice 2
First grow   harvest   need advice 3

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you want to take your time drying the plant, so it depends on your environment where your drying it, can you control the environment, temp and humidity?
start with that first.

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

you want to take your time drying the plant, so it depends on your environment where your drying it, can you control the environment, temp and humidity?
start with that first.
Thanks for comment :) I can control the environment, luckily. I'll be hanging them in my tent which is set up with a thermostat/heater, and I just bought a humidistat/humidifier. In addition, a tent fan that I won't directly point at the hanging plants, and I also have an inline fan connected to a carbon filter. Anything else you'd recommend for the environment I'm maybe missing?
So if I do have what I need to control to environment in the tent, would trimming each bud while still on the plants, then hanging the whole plant be okay vs cutting off branches and hanging individually?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for comment :) I can control the environment, luckily. I'll be hanging them in my tent which is set up with a thermostat/heater, and I just bought a humidistat/humidifier. In addition, a tent fan that I won't directly point at the hanging plants, and I also have an inline fan connected to a carbon filter. Anything else you'd recommend for the environment I'm maybe missing?
So if I do have what I need to control to environment in the tent, would trimming each bud while still on the plants, then hanging the whole plant be okay vs cutting off branches and hanging individually?
can you well yes, this is the part is where there’s a few ways/opinions.
the more plant material you cut off will dry her out quicker so you would have a higher humidity to slow that down.,
but by leaving the leafs they will dry around the bud protecting the trichomes from dust, being knocked around, blown off, from unwanted light as light when drying is not good.. etc., so there are many ways,you could google or ask here as you did..
you still have lots of time.
i can explain my way later?.
but most important is you can control your environment!!!

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

can you well yes, this is the part is where there’s a few ways/opinions.
the more plant material you cut off will dry her out quicker so you would have a higher humidity to slow that down.,
but by leaving the leafs they will dry around the bud protecting the trichomes from dust, being knocked around, blown off, from unwanted light as light when drying is not good.. etc., so there are many ways,you could google or ask here as you did..
you still have lots of time.
i can explain my way later?.
but most important is you can control your environment!!!
Thank you again for your response! That would be great! In regards to your statement "you still have lots of time". From the look of my plants how much longer do you think I should wait? When I got my clones I didn't realize the flowering times were different(rookie mistake). They're in their 8th week of flowering now. LSD flowering time is 7-8weeks and AH 10-11. I'm seeing that about 20% roughly of trichomes on the LSD plant are amber, and only 10% on the AH plant. I don't have anywhere to hang the LSD plant while the AH finishes flowering, so I need to cut them down at the same time. The only reason I'm asking how much longer do you think I have left is because I want to stretch the flowering time as long as possible without hurting the LSD plant by stretching it too far! The plants have done much better than I expected them too, so now that I'm nearing the end I'm starting to get nervous ill mess it up lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm, ok well you have the magnifier, but by the hairs i’d say 2 more weeks, there is still white hairs and they are still standing up. they will all darken to red/brown and kinda curl back into the surface of the bud.. so?
trichomes or hairs, normally trichomes but wait as someone may know those strains better..
your timing is from the switch? or after 2 week stretch?

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

mmm, ok well you have the magnifier, but by the hairs i’d say 2 more weeks, there is still white hairs and they are still standing up. they will all darken to red/brown and kinda curl back into the surface of the bud.. so?
trichomes or hairs, normally trichomes but wait as someone may know those strains better..
your timing is from the switch? or after 2 week stretch?
Yeah, I'm basing my timing on when I flipped them. To be honest its kind of hard to see the trichomes just right, so my evaluation could be off as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out man

Top Bottom